Added by johanlefourbe on 14 Dec 2010 11:46

2010 movies - Personal review and Awards -

Sort by: Showing 22 items
Decade: Rating: List Type:

Best Picture of the year

People who added this item 6113 Average listal rating (4286 ratings) 8.2 IMDB Rating 8.8
Inception (2010)
Notes: I know, it is not a very original choice but what can I do ? It just rocks!!! This movie is the proof that a movie can be a huge blockbuster and entertaining and thoughtful at the same time. A great achievement.

Grand Jury prize

People who added this item 3477 Average listal rating (2293 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 7.7
Notes: For those who don't know, in a festival, the Grand Jury prize honors a great movie which just missed the biggest prize. I expected The Social Network to be good but I didn't expect it to be that great. It's funny to think that when we first heard that Fincher was making a movie about Facebook, many thought it would be a stinker. Guess who was wrong...

Best Male Perfomance

People who added this item 4284 Average listal rating (2877 ratings) 7.7 IMDB Rating 8.2
Notes: This entry is to honor Leonardo DiCaprio for both Shutter Island and Inception. Arguably, his best year with 2 great perfomances. Well done, Leo !

Best Female Perfomance

People who added this item 2690 Average listal rating (1824 ratings) 7.5 IMDB Rating 7.7
Tangled (2010)
Notes: Rapunzel almost got this award but this entry is actually for Carice van Houten in "De gelukkige huisvrouw" (see entry 6). A very good performance.

Best Animated Picture

People who added this item 3872 Average listal rating (2618 ratings) 7.9 IMDB Rating 8.3
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Notes: Honestly, I liked Toy Story 3 but I don't think it was as good as the first 2 Toy Story or Wall-E or UP . Even though, it managed to be the best animated picture of the year. Well done!

Best Non-English speaking movie

People who added this item 28 Average listal rating (15 ratings) 7.1 IMDB Rating 6.7
Notes: I don't call this section "Best Foreign movie" because being French/Dutch, all the English-speaking movies are actually "Foreign" to me! Anyway, "De gelukkige huisvrouw" was a pretty good movie and a big commercial success in Holland.

Most Fun Picture of the year

People who added this item 3421 Average listal rating (2365 ratings) 7.3 IMDB Rating 7.6
Kick-Ass (2010)
Notes: Kick-Ass is so much fun. Just the title cracks me up! I don't think it is a masterpiece but it still is loads of fun.

Best Sequel

Notes: I really like Oliver Stone and I think he did a pretty good job with this sequel. Even if it is not flawless, the subject remains fascinating.

Biggest disappointment