Reviews > Recent reviews

The Little Mermaid
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
This time, Hans Christian Anderson rescues the Disney animation factory from the fire - this is a wonderfully colourful and fun adaptation o... More
Tolkien
Reviewed by fernando
(Flight) At least, a glimpse on a phenomenon in literature, poor acted, two unnecessary times : the war, why? if its not as a the end of his... More
The French Dispatch
Reviewed by fernando
(Golem-Madrid) Even there are 4 o more stories, there´s one continuous artificial linnearity, pure style, even bidimensional and staged, th... More
The Return of Draw Egan
Reviewed by fernando
(OK) All summed and laced up, action, romance, bandit´s redemption, law and order in a small town, wth William never too valued Hart.... More
Mandabi
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) Fun, eloquent, a satire of the bad and the poor, the hero is so selfcentered and and futile, accom9djng his dress... More
The 33
Reviewed by fernando
(Flight) Just he story wijt ots peaks and washed faiblesses, don't feel the anxiety, the injustice if here is, thel glory if corresponds to ... More
Ramen Heads
Reviewed by fernando
(Flight) In the middle of the cult, for experts and non, there's one big chef explaining simply, how a soup is well done (large slippery noo... More
The Truman Show
Reviewed by Magnfcent
vi THE TRUMAN SHOW, segue o review: Truman show é um filme estrelado pelo Jim Carrey sobre um rapaz que vive em um mundo irreal e fictício... More
Carrie
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I'm on the fence about this movie. I think the premise is excellent. Watching Sissy Spacek grow into her role is great. Sh... More
Titanic
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
A seventeen-year-old aristocrat (Kate Winslet), expecting to be married to a rich claimant (Billy Zane) by her mother, falls in love with a ... More
A Clockwork Orange
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers This film was initially a huge success when released, but when news broke out of two horrific copycat incidents, it was im... More
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
On a technical level this movie is amazing. David Fincher tries new boundaries and he succeeds. I haven't seen the making of yet, but people... More
Ghostbusters
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Classy Sci-Fi film with fantastic FX , dealing with a group of losers who decide to go into business for themselves .After losing their scho... More
True Grit
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Mattie Ross (Hailee Steinfeld) is a 14 year old girl set to capture her father's killer Tom Chaney (Josh Brolin). She hires tough marshal Co... More
There Will Be Blood
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis), a miner, strikes oil and quickly becomes a rich oilman. After finding out about a grand oil reservoir, ... More
Blade Runner
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers "Blade Runner" is a film of which at least everybody has heard the title on one occasion or the other and many, many peopl... More
Drive
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I should point out at the onset that this really isn't the sort of film I like--so keep this in mind. I decided to watch "... More
City of God
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Li'l Zé and his gang is having fun chasing a runaway chicken in a Rio favela called the Cidade de Deus "City of God". The chicken comes to ... More
Singin' in the Rain
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
In late '20s Hollywood, a beautiful but squeaky-voiced star of the silent screen can't adjust when Tinsel Town goes Talkie, yet a disaster i... More
Life Is Beautiful
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Before I eventually saw this film, I was not sure whether I was going to like it or not. While in general it is very highly regarded, there ... More
The 400 Blows
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
I have seen this movie twice. The first time, I thought it was an okay picture. However, because it is such an important French New Wave fil... More
The Departed
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Frank Costello (Jack Nicholson) is a Boston Irish mobster. He mentors Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon) ever since as a little kid. Eventually Col... More
Reservoir Dogs
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
A group of men are having benign banter in a diner. They have color code names. Mr. White (Harvey Keitel) brings a horribly wounded Mr. Oran... More
Seven
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Se7en starts as rookie homicide detective David Mills (Brad Pitt) is paired up with veteran detective William Somerset (Mo... More
Mad Men
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Don Draper (Jon Hamm) is ad-man extrordinaire at Sterling Cooper run by Roger Sterling (John Slattery) and Bertram Cooper. He's a womanizer,... More
Fargo
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers The 1996 Coen Brothers film was a great Oscar winning black comedy thriller, and when I saw the trailer for the television... More
Daredevil
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Now, I can't really claim to be much of a fan of superheroes in general, but I was recommended that I watched "Daredevil", but was a little ... More
Doctor Who
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I never saw any of the old series (which was number 9 on The 100 Greatest Kids' TV Shows, and number 3 on The 100 Greatest... More
Black Mirror
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I saw the adverts for this series, and it was after seeing that it was repeated that I noticed Charlie Brooker was the cre... More
Stranger Things
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Having heard nearly nothing but good, actually great, things about 'Stranger Things', despite it attracting some criticism (like a lot of po... More