Reviews > Recent reviews

Oldboy
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
It was 1988 Seoul and Oh Dae-Su got drunk on his daughter's birthday. After his friend Joo-Hwan got him out of the police station, he is kid... More
Pan's Labyrinth
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Much has been said/written about the underlying tones in this picture. The fascist regime on the one hand, the dream(?) wo... More
Parasite
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers The title is a metaphor to describe the relationship between the rich and the poor. It is a social statement. We are first... More
The Pianist
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Film makers have to step carefully when dealing with issues like the Nazi extermination program. There have been equally b... More
Up
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Young Carl idolised explorer Charles Muntz (who somehow looks a lot like Kirk Douglas) and his discovery of Paradise Falls somewhere in Sout... More
GoodFellas
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Certainly it deserves five out of five stars, and certainly it is probably the most popular film from BAFTA winning, and O... More
The Green Mile
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers "The Green Mile" is an American movie from 1999, so this one will have its 20th anniversary 2 years from now when I write ... More
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I never really cared for the sequences with the Falcon parked on the asteroid (and all the faffing about with the faulty h... More
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee are guided by Gollum to the darkest of Mordor. Gandalf leads the group to to Isengard where they are surpri... More
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
The fellowship has scattered. Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee, on their journey to Mordor, encounter a vile creature named Gollum. Aragorn,... More
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Although it may not be entirely faithful to the book, Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy perfectly captures the essence of J.R.R. Tol... More
Psycho
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Watching "Psycho" reminded me a lot of Spielberg's "Duel", and it's obvious where the homages lie. And even though we all probably know the ... More
Cinema Paradiso
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Famed film director Salvatore Di Vita has become jaded and unloved. Even his mother has difficulty finding him. He recalls his childhood nic... More
2001: A Space Odyssey
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
What the meaning of the black monolith is in 2001: A Space Odyssey has been puzzling moviegoers for generations. I confess I haven't any bet... More
Johnny English Strikes Again
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this flick but, somehow, I still ended up watching the damned thing. At least, it was not worse th... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Ways to Tempt the Boss: Glam office romance set in...
Reviewed by Heather
This was a very quick read for me because it was so good! The chemistry was out of this world on fire and the relationship progressed very q... More
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is such an incredible remake that has its own strengths over the original game. Absolutely gorgeous graphics, tight controls, addicting... More
Metroid: Other M
Reviewed by mazardeus
What a severely underrated game! Those criticizing several categories of Other M like the script and voice acting are illegitimate. I saw ab... More
Barry
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Anya Taylor-Joy and since it was available on Netflix... More
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Reviewed by Bruh
De los peores fighter game que haya existido ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... More
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Reviewed by Bruh
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ >Trash anime 0/10 bruh More
The Mirror
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Well, I’m finally done with my Tarkovsky cycle (I still have to watch ‘Offret’ and ‘Nostalghia’ because they were unfortunately no... More
Devil's Knot
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, since this movie had been rather poorly received, I had some rather low expectations but since I have a weak for Reese Withers... More
Medaka Box
Reviewed by Qwdss Saiyajin Celestial Fedw
muy buen anime aunque no sea mi favorito es algo edgy por los diseños de los personajes XD y a la vez demasiado divertido More
Swordinet
Reviewed by brunovega
Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssswordinet Tás dura, dímelo, dímelo, ¿Cómo es que e'? yo te doy un... More
Stranger Things
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Having heard nearly nothing but good, actually great, things about 'Stranger Things', despite it attracting some criticism (like a lot of po... More
Doctor Who
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I never saw any of the old series (which was number 9 on The 100 Greatest Kids' TV Shows, and number 3 on The 100 Greatest... More
It's a Wonderful Life
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
This is a very good movie. Period. A "classic", I don't think so. This is a movie whose actual quality has been exceeded by its hype--though... More
Chinatown
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
No scratch that. Chinatown is actually my personal favourite of Roman Polanski's movies. It is a wonderful movie, as well as an affectionate... More
Instinct
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Carice van Houten, I thought I might as well check it... More