Reviews > Recent reviews

Wendy
Reviewed by Stehako
Director: Benh Zeitlin His 2nd movie My 2nd movie watched from the director Though he sticks with his brand Zeitlin's follow-up to "Beasts o... More
Judas and the Black Messiah
Reviewed by mazardeus
This film has the potential to wake people up on the obvious systemic racism of the police system and the FBI, AKA basically wearing a badge... More
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is a highly entertaining show with an incredible soundtrack and an addicting story progression. Even though the show had some cringe-wo... More
The Humans
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Hard to take, almost real time spend with a family in thanksgiving day dinner, there's sadness and revelations, and some joy, rituals ... More
Last Night in Soho
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Lousy. Too many elements: nostalgia of 60s, fashion, music, terror, thriller, all mixed up and lost... More
Benedetta
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Great story, a kind of "The devils" of 2021, as much gore as depiction of fanatism. Somehow Verhoeven swap styles, from comic like med... More
Belfast
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) A film and a place (in fact one street and one family) with a heart. The wasn't brilliant till Branagh rounds it wih the dilemma of le... More
Street of Shame
Reviewed by fernando
(OK) Mizoguchi simplifies too much or gets the best of each story, each character? Both. Whores are everything but strange characters here, ... More
The Power of the Dog
Reviewed by fernando
(NX) Best of these times, welcome again Jane Campion. The ambiguity, ellipses, mysteries, second thoughts, seduction between two characters ... More
Passing
Reviewed by fernando
(NX) Yeah, b/w is trendy, but the film has its own paused, serene style. The false white friend is a more reflexive add to de coloured famil... More
Foundation
Reviewed by hulkargh
Sorry but I really did not manage to go beyond the 4th episode of this series which I expected so much (probably too much). I am a fan of t... More
House of Gucci
Reviewed by fernando
(Alcazar) Scott ammuses with the cast. All of them, sauf Pacino, has the burden of trying to be italian, that´s a bit annoying. Poduction v... More
Annette
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) The Sparks and Carax, are a perverted trio in this one. There's a fantastic romantic dimension, nos so classical or vintage in musical ... More
The Street (1923)
Reviewed by fernando
(YT) Maybe more enthusiasm than talent, bt there's tue rupture of drama and style, the wild call of the metropolitan street, with all its te... More
Seven Chances
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Recently, I have been focusing on Buster Keaton’s work and, from all his movies I have seen so far, even it actually has a solid reputatio... More
The Power of the Dog
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since it was the first movie directed by Jane Campion in more than a decade, I had some rather high expectations and I was really eager to c... More
The Last Duel
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
When I heard that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck were finally working together (acting and writing) on new project more than 20 years after ‘D... More
Saint Maud
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since I kept hearing some really good things about it and since it w... More
Reviewed by twistedcrate
Really enjoyed Dune. Would highly recommend other to watch it. Loved it! - Twisted Crate - https://twistedcrate.com More
You Don't Nomi
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since I was rather intrigued by the fandom around ‘Showgirls’, I was qu... More
Colin in Black White
Reviewed by mazardeus
One of the most powerful shows that exposes some of the obvious systemic racism in the United States. The show started off extremely well th... More
Reviewed by Walter-Blake
No todo lo que sea visualmente impresionante es narrativamente competente. No cabe duda que esta adaptación de Denis Villeneuve ofrece una ... More
Gunnm
Reviewed by Magnfcent
Finalizei Alita, um mangá que andei lendo esses meses, finalizei o primeiro arco e até fiz uma resenha mas estava imcompleta, por ser long... More
The Running Man
Reviewed by hulkargh
There is no point in comparing it to Stephen King's novel because it stands out a lot from it. The book combines suspense and drama while Pa... More
Spencer
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) D coming to pieces, before I don' know what happenes to her because Larrain and producers think we all are too informe of her, or part... More
CODA
Reviewed by fernando
(OK) Original theme (child of deaf family) but trite narrative. The result is so efficient and appealing, that screenplay and director Helde... More
King Richard
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) The one and only champion, but here with a family coda, there's father plan, good sister, relegaes mother, trainers, race, some colect... More
Cry Macho
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) 'The mule' is ok because have sme moral comments on time and age and border, bettween; but this is a regression full of clises and cor... More
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Just part one, with enough time to forget so many tribes and concentrate on Timothée coming of age and surviving in the desert, fathe... More
Moss Rose
Reviewed by fernando
(OK) Great story, noir with social ambition as a plus. Cummins works and Mature, well, his wide back resist critics. Barrymore is convincing... More