Shadow of the Colossus review

Posted : 10 months, 3 weeks ago on 26 November 2018 01:00

Termine Shadow of Colossus, y ya se por que muchos la valoran una obra de arte, a pesar de los controles, el frame rate y problemas con algunos jefes. El final de su historia pega y duro.

Mis colosos favoritos, son los que tienen forma de perro, los más pequeños que hay (muy creativos en mi opinión), el ave y los 3 que tienen forma de gusano.

Solid artful game

Posted : 11 years, 7 months ago on 4 March 2008 07:46

When I played Ico I thought it looked nice but really disliked most of the experience because of Yorda. So when I heard that Shadow of the Colossus was being made by the same thing I wasn't really wanting to pick up this game but finally did due to critics exulting the game.
While so while the game is a better then Ico, it still wasn't my cup of tea but still enjoyable.

The main character is a young man named Wander; aided by only his sword, bow, arrows, and his trusty steed Agro, must explore a vast map trying to find sixteen colossi in order to restore the life of a dead girl.

Fighting each one of the colossi is great as each one are huge and have different ways of scaling them in order to defeating them and finding out how is like figuring out a good puzzle and very rewarding when finally vanquishing the colossus.

Visually the game is great even with the PS2 now limited power and somewhat muted colors both the landscape and the colossi look great and give the game a artful look, much like Ico did.

Controls felt a little loose but not so much that I was throwing my controller trying to basic tasks.

Music outside of colossi battles are almost nonexistent but when fighting a colossus the music kicks in and makes the conflict feel epic.

What I didn't like was that while the game is pretty open to explore there wasn't much to see or do other then finding the next colossus to defeat. Also lack of story was a turn off because I never felt really engaged with why I was fight the colossi other then to try and get to the ending and see why and even that was a less cryptic.

Overall Shadow of the Colossus was a solid game and experience that if asked if someone should play I would have to say yes if the person asking was into artsy games.

Too complicated

Posted : 12 years, 7 months ago on 16 March 2007 12:34

I rented this game, tried, failed the first monster and returned. The setting is certainly great, but you need many try outs and a high frustration tolerance to deal with it. I dont have the time for this kind of game anymore ...

Shadow of the Colossus review

Posted : 12 years, 8 months ago on 12 February 2007 11:06

This game is really quite special.

In essence, you roam around a mass expanse of uninhabited and forgotten land on the hunt for giant colossi. With each new gargantuan foe you need to look for new methods to scale and defeat your enemy. That's all there is too it.

It has been criticised as being a game that's repetitive or boring because of that, but I enjoyed it very much. The setting is immense, both in scale and content, with scores of ruins and oddities that keep you guessing as to the purpose of the land, what it may have been used for and why you might be there. The whole storyline is open-ended and leaves lots of room for interpretation and debate. It's great fun for just exploring the wonderful surroundings and unlocking some of the time trial extras once you've defeated all of the colossi provides another challenge.

There really is something romantic and enchanting about this game.