Reviews > Recent reviews

Black Mirror
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I saw the adverts for this series, and it was after seeing that it was repeated that I noticed Charlie Brooker was the cre... More
Stranger Things
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Having heard nearly nothing but good, actually great, things about 'Stranger Things', despite it attracting some criticism (like a lot of po... More
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I had some rather low expectations about this sequel but I thought I might as well check it out anyway. Well, eventually, I re... More
Casablanca
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I have seen this enough times to have the same opinion every time, it could be a little better, nevertheless I did see thi... More
Seven Samurai
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
At about the same time as the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre in France (1572) a civil war has broken out in Japan which has spread chaos thr... More
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Felon Randle McMurphy (Jack Nicholson) gets sentenced to a term at a mental asylum. He is not really insane but pleaded insane to avoid a ha... More
Schindler's List
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
In Poland during World War II, Oskar Schindler (Liam Neeson) gradually becomes concerned for his Jewish workforce after witnessing their per... More
Pulp Fiction
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
One of the great things about re-watching a movie is catching some of the things you never noticed the first time. There were two little nug... More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers I guess I find myself somewhat in the middle on this film, I enjoyed it to a point, but I don't get the sense that this is... More
The Shining
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) is a former teacher trying to do some writing. He gets a job to watch the Overlook Hotel for the winter with ... More
Vertigo
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
San Francisco police detective Scottie Ferguson retires after suffering vertigo during a roof top chase. A college friend Gavin Elster is a ... More
Apocalypse Now
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
We have to wait until there is only a quarter of the running time left before Marlon Brando comes on as Colonel Kurtz. But it's worth the wa... More
Network (1976)
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Network was likely to have been conceived by writer Paddy Chayefsky as a cynically satirical film about corporate television companies. They... More
Into the Wild
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Being a recent addition to the 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die book I got the opportunity to see this film and I w... More
Gran Torino
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
I enjoyed this film. Eastwood is about as snarly as I've ever seen him. He has taken Archie Bunker to the next level. He terrorizes his neig... More
Full Metal Jacket
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
A young man (Private Joker) joins the military as a journalist. He follows the other men through basic training, which is brutal and degradi... More
The Elephant Man
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
A biopic of one of the most tragic people to ever exist, THE ELEPHANT MAN is a heartbreaking example of cinema at its finest. It's a film th... More
Dawn of the Dead
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers The dead are rising and panic is spreading. Martial law is declared. SWAT does battle to clear an apartment building. Step... More
Evil Dead II
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Ash J. Williams (Bruce Campbell) takes his girlfriend Linda to a secluded cabin in the woods. He find a tape recorder. He plays professor Kn... More
Night of the Living Dead
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
I have never particularly enjoyed NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, as it's not a genre that I particularly care for--after all, if you've seen one ... More
The Evil Dead
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Five friends go to a cabin in the woods, and find the Book of the Dead in the cellar. Along with the Book, they find a tape recorder with a ... More
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Classic Terror Hooper film in low budget and lots of violence and gore . An idyllic journey in southern Texas driving a van by a group of yo... More
12 Years a Slave
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
With many fine actors, a remarkable subject matter and the number of accolades it received, '12 Years a Slave' was watched by me with high e... More
The Hunt
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers A slow-burning and intense Danish drama featuring a typically electrifying turn from Mads Mikkelsen as an intensely sympat... More
Metropolis
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
In the 1980s there were several night clubs that would use scenes from Metropolis in a loop on a television screen while music was played on... More
Rear Window (1954)
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers The great thing about "Rear Window" is how Hitchcock puts the viewer in the point of view of Jimmy Stewart's lead characte... More
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Warning: Spoilers Written by George Lucas and directed by Steven Spielberg, RAIDERS of the LOST ARK is a template for success in the genre. ... More
Halloween
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
In 1963, in Haddonfield, Illinois, the six-year-old Michael Myers stabs his sister to death in the Halloween night and is confined in a ment... More
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
A group of friends (including Johnny Depp) all have the same nightmare: a man with claws and a Christmas sweater is trying to kill them. Unf... More
Ikiru
Reviewed by Kyle Ellis
Kanji Watanabe is a widowed bureaucrat as the city's public affairs section chief. The bureaucratic machine has ground any ambition out of h... More