Reviews > Recent reviews

A Song of Love
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect from this flick but since it was on the 'They Shoot Pictures, Don’t They' list, I was qu... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Blood of the Beasts (1949)
The Battle of San Pietro
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect from this flick but since it was on the '1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die' list, I ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Meshes of the Afternoon (1943)
The Smiling Madame Beudet
Last Knights
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t expecting much from the damned thing but since it was starring Clive Owen and Morgan Freeman and since it was available on Netfli... More
It's a Wonderful Life
Reviewed by fdlm4000
Me ha sorprendido mucho esta película. No esperaba que me fuese a gustar tanto. Si bien toda la fantasía del ángel es muy apropiada para... More
Fathers & Daughters
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since there was a decent cast involved, I thought I might as well ch... More
Monk
Reviewed by Straight Edge
One of the few shows I've seen many times, and maybe the only character I recognize with. I have OCD too. More
A Ghost Story
Reviewed by fernando
Slowness or appropiate tempo? Both. Terror finds density, evocative power, non gorish; home based, with country nearby, nighto dominant stuf... More
The Velvet Underground
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Haynes uses testimonies old an new of the 'velvet underground' scene, including Warhol's and Lour Reed's fight, the imposing of Nico, ... More
The Green Knight
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Erratic style in the first part, but once the journey begins gets better and better. Then, at the end, the absurd and fatal and human ... More
Voyage of Time: Life's Journey
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) Nice doccumentary for selling TVs, grandur of images and editon, telling loosely story og evoluton for a little daughter or granddughte... More
The Hand of God
Reviewed by fernando
(Nx) Soorentinos 'amarcord' in Napoli. Well, Fellini is greater, but Napoli is also greater than Rimini and the protagonist/author leaves to... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could N...
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) The Woodstock of afromaericans and poors, in the same summer¡ Excellent array of groups ans singers. Nina Simone is thirlling, Fith D... More
Pig
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) 3 stars just for the tricky story of a 'truffle pig' being robbed in the market of high gourmet standards. Its a pitty thaht the pig d... More
The Rescue
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Extreme story of rescue that deserved to be covered. The boys, sorry, are dependable; the rescuers and its collective international ef... More
The Card Counter
Reviewed by fernando
(Usb) Love, revenge, family and masochistic bets; world an USA are a gran casino between seasons in jail for Oscar Isaac, wonderful actor in... More
Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain
Reviewed by fernando
(USB) Complete in the sense that his closest friends and ex wife arte there (Asia Argento testimony is missing), but too much edition of par... More
West Side Story
Reviewed by fernando
(Pacífico) There it'is, remaining its splendour thanks to excellent mise en scene of urban choreography. I want to live in America, explode... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Where Is the Friend's Home? (1987)
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) The abstract in its reiteration, concrete in each time, sight of the hill, the zigzag trail and the boy running from village to village... More
Junior
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) Body terror in the limit of disgusting, there's discovry and resignation with new boy nirmality, growing, making and losisn firneds and... More
Saint Joan (1957)
Reviewed by fernando
(OK) Seberg's rendition is good, and I love the dialogues and scenes with Richard Todd, insinuating a plaonic love story. But then, you hav ... More
August 32nd on Earth
Reviewed by fernando
(MU) Location (salt desert around Salt Lake City, the 'space hotel' in the airport) and details and action (the accident in the beginning), ... More
Becoming Cousteau
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since it was available on Disney+, I thought I might as well check it out. Like many of the kids born in France in the 1980’s, I basically... More
Do Not Disturb
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since it was directed by Dick Maas, I thought I might as well check ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Vivaldi - Il cimento dell'armonia e dell'invention...
Reviewed by WillChangeTomorrow
La mejor version de las 4 estaciones, una velocidad perfecta, entonación buenísima, excelente sonido y grabacion. el concierto para Violi... More
The Hand of God
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since it seemed to be another critical success from Paolo Sorrentino and since it ... More
How the West Was Won
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but since there was a solid cast involved, I thought I might as well che... More
The Book of Henry
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie had been a huge critical bomb when it was released, I had some rather low expectations but since it was available on Netfli... More