A good movie

Posted : 5 years ago on 5 November 2014 10:27

I already saw this movie but since it was ages ago, I was quite eager to check it out again. First of all, it had been ago since I saw a movie starring Iréne Jacob and she kept reminding me of another actress and it took me a while to figure out that it was Claire Danes. I know, they don't actually really look a like but it had mostly to do with her silhouette and her body language which was just so similar to Claire Danes, at least, in my opinion. Anyway, it was just seriously distracting. Coming back to the movie itself, it has always been considered as the best movie in  Kieslowski's trilogy but, to be honest, I think it is a rather tricky movie. I mean, I was more able to enjoy it this time around but I still struggled to connect with the damned thing though. It had to with that the fact that what Kieslowski tried to achieve to do still remains rather obscure to me and, to be honest, I don't think that the characters were really fascinating. Still, there is no doubt that Iréne Jacob and Jean-Louis Trintignant gave some strong performances and there was something really interesting in their relationship which was refreshingly platonic. Anyway, to conclude, even if it still didn't blow me away, it was still a strong drama and it is definitely worth a look, especially if you are interested in Krzysztof Kieslowski's work.