Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

Issues with adding movies to lists

the giraffe 5 years, 3 months ago at Jan 1 21:13 -
Today I posted a new list, which you can find here. In building the list, most of the movies I wanted to add failed to come up. To be specific, after initially creating the list I clicked on Rearrange List. Then I would type the name of a film into the search bar with the Movies radial button already selected. For one example, I searched The Kid Who Would Be King. When I type this in to the search bar, zero results come up. If I switch from the Movies radial to Entire Database, I get one result which is a book with only part of this in its title. However, the movie is already added to Listal located here. I can only get to it by using the Search Listal bar at the top of every page (it's the only result), and was only able to add it to my list by using the Add to list button on its Listal page.

This is a much longer workaround, and while I'm glad I was able to get it added it's far less user-friendly than being able to just search from the Rearrange page. As I stated, I had to do this with most of the films in that list which was pretty time-consuming (e.g. - Glass, Missing Link, Avengers Endgame, Happy Death Day 2U, The Addams Family, Brightburn, The Kid, Wonder Park - all 2019 releases). Granted, a few of the films on that list I had to add to the site first, and in those cases I understand having to use the Add to list button. But for the films that are already on the site I shouldn't have to leave the list just to add them.

Also, since it is going unresolved I wanted to bring attention again to the ongoing issue of being unable to add The Ballad of Buster Scruggs to any list and having it be visible. From within the Rearrange List page, if you search for the title with the Movies radial button nothing comes up at all. If you search the Entire Database radial, you get a TV show page which is dead (clicking the link for it gives you a page cannot be reached error).

Much like the issue I described above, if you search the entire site you can find the page for the actual movie, located here. In the case of this film, however, if you click the Add to List button on its Listal page and add it to a list, that list will only reflect its inclusion in the total number of items in the list. The film itself will not show up within the list, so no notes can be added to it and there is no way to rate it without going to the Listal page. I just tried to add it to my November list again now using the Add to List button, and when I pull up all my lists the November list shows 26 items. When I open the list, however, it shows 25 items at the top of the page, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is nowhere to be found (I had to add my thoughts on it in the comments of a section instead). Also, when I go back to the Rearrange List page, the last section of the list shows 4 items but only 3 are visible. This suggests the movie is being added somewhere, but it's not showing up.

I hope these specific details can help in getting these issues resolved.
johanlefourbe 5 years, 3 months ago at Jan 2 12:34 -
Wow! That was a very specific description ;)

Anyway, I have the same issue with many movies, mostly recent ones.

For example, I have never been able to add the movie 'Joker' starring Joaquin Phoenix into one of my lists.
Exclusive 5 years, 3 months ago at Jan 2 19:09 -
Yeah, i have been having the same problem with The Ballad of Buster Scruggs and it's really annoying. Seems like that site has had a lot of issues like this lately. Someone really needs to look into it soon.
Stehako 5 years, 3 months ago at Jan 3 18:13 -
Agreed 100%
Any updates would be great.
Tom, please help!
SchwarzerAbt 5 years, 3 months ago at Jan 7 20:46 -
This is also true for music and I guess most items that were added after a certain point in time (approximately middle of 2018). They can't be found with the search bar in the Rearange List section, only with the main search bar.

I can imagine that this leads to an increase in duplicate items, as one could think that they haven't been added to listal yet.

Would be awesome if that could be fixed soon!