Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

So many things wrong...

JROCK1772 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 30 16:04 -
Hey moderators,

Hope everyone is enjoying their week. I've recently noticed something that bothered me quite a bit. I was browsing through the homepage and noticed a list Who's the Third Most Beautiful Girl on this List. Initially, I was upset to see they included an eight year old girl in the groupings, sexualizing a child essentially. On top of that, after looking at the comments, I found that all eight of the people who had commented had the same basic formula for their user creation. All had started their profile around the same exact time, selected profile images of extremely similar capacity, and voted for only three lists, all of which were part of the Most Beautiful Girl polls. On top of that, most all of them voted for the exact same images. It's evident to me that these are duplicate accounts. What bothers me even more is that they are also contributing to Listal's weird usage of underage girls within beauty lists.

I would appreciate it if these fake accounts were brought to the attention of the moderators and dealt with appropriately. Thanks!
Bml93 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 30 19:28 -
Thanks.
I'm leaving this open for Tom, as it's he who has the tools to deal with this.
EatMorePez 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 31 2:10 -
Names of those accounts are as follows:

sulkin - the main (legit?) account for this person

pratt, ajelli, dworkin, breslin, rohrbach, goldblatt, fragale and urquhart and all of his sock puppet accounts.

And here's what he said to me when I pointed out all of the votes were from his own sock puppet accounts, "EatMorePez if you do not want to vote, stop commenting."
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 9 months ago at Aug 3 3:37 -
What I noticed just now is that his first list with this same kind of formula, he put the age, name and other info below the pictures of each female in that list and there was no underage girl (below 18) in that list, but in his 2nd and this one he left those out because both of those lists feature minors.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 9 months ago at Aug 3 6:59 -
Yeah, I saw that. Rather pathetic but I don't think Tom will really do something about it I'm afraid
JROCK1772 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 4 21:31 -
He has to have at least 15 accounts at this point. Quite bothersome.
Admin
Tom 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 6 21:17 -
I deleted the voting accounts
JROCK1772 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 9 19:47 -
I hate to return to complain, but even more accounts have been popping up, posting lists of the exact same nature. :(
EatMorePez 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 10 20:07 -
Here's a list where he asks you to chose between a 15 and 16-year-old girl: www.listal.com/list/which-two-girls-most-beautiful-8548

His new users names are hill, lumb, lotz, wolski, nivans and phillips. He doesn't seem to be voting for his own lists anymore, but nearly all of the new lists include underage girls.
EatMorePez 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 11 21:02 -
New user name, krauser. Now he's adding 13-year-old girls to his lists:
www.listal.com/list/3rd-list-most-beautiful-girl
www.listal.com/list/most-beautiful-girl-list-krauser
TrekMedic 6 years, 7 months ago at Sep 10 14:49 -
All of the active "sock puppet" accounts (I love that term!) are also adding their own version of the pictures, instead of pulling them from the actual profiles. Probably trying to stay "off the radar?"
Deleted user
TrekMedic 6 years, 7 months ago at Sep 14 18:40 -
@ imanshole:

Same issue here:

www.listal.com/topic/39-promoted-lists-same-user