Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

500 Internal Server Error

Iceviper 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 10:57 -
The site was running decent earlier this morning (0600 hrs. EST), speed wise, when I encountered "500 Internal Server Error" across all 4 windows I have open for the site. After a few attempts at reloading everything has slowed to the speed of snails. It took 9 minutes to be able to post this new topic from my home page, with no guarantee it will actually post when I push the button.

Anyone else feeling the burn? Any clues?? Anybody???
DuckNation 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 11:05 -
Yes this is going on but its nothing new this has happened many times before just not in the past couple months don't worry site will be back up and running fine soon enough
Onion Jack 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 11:47 -
Sorry DN, but your comments do nothing for me, but I'm sure you'll get your badge soon.

The site has been a lot worse since both sites were put side-by-side. I suspect they are worse when work is being done on the new site. I'm not looking forward to the mess of the new site, but if it means an end to the loading issues then so be it, get it up and running.

We were told that the old new site would fix a lot of problems, that site brought about an increase in image loading issues.

The new site is meant to be the next big thing, but all I see is spoiled lists (a change in pre text messing up carefully organised lists) and ugly font (improved with resize)... and massive slowdown for current users.

Loyal users must be put before the possibility of new users, and some of the site performance of late has been diabolical.

You do most of the work yourself, which is admirable, but you need to know your limitations, stop trying to be all things to all men.
Iceviper 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 12:01 -
Thanks guys, at least it looks as if its an across the board problem and not just me in my little world.

Sorry Tim, I can't really believe it'll be better soon. It may never be better, OJ pretty much hit the nail on the head. The picture posting issues have been ongoing for at least 3 months (check the thread), the speed issue much longer. The switch to the new site promised improved performance, but it was like Windows Millennium. I don't even need to explain that one.

My guess is we'll need to limp along with the current version until the beta version goes live and hope for the best. I'm hoping for orange juice but I'm ready for lemonade.

Bye the bye, it took 5 minutes 23 seconds to load this page from my profile. The speed of snails.....
DuckNation 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 12:50 -
@Onion Jack

I was just referring to the "500 Internal Server Error" which i personally have not had in months i'm not sure if you have experience it lately but i haven't. I wasn't talking about the new site at all so that's all you although i don't dismiss that having two sites side-by-side helps im pretty sure these sorta things happened back when listal did its first upgrade to what id currently now im not sure if you were here when that happened but i think we also had many of the same problems.
DuckNation 8 years, 11 months ago at Jun 2 12:51 -
I was just referring to the "500 Internal Server Error" which i personally have not had in months nothing more
Iceviper 8 years, 10 months ago at Jul 6 11:32 -
Again....... site was running at a slow pace earlier this morning (0530 hrs. EST), speed wise, when I began to encounter "500 Internal Server Error" messages sporadically . After a few attempts at reloading everything has slowed to the speed of snails. It took about 5 minutes to get to this thread and another 3 to be able to post this.

It's not like Listal has ever rebounded to a fast pace on loading anything but as of late it's gotten pretty bad. I read a lot of assurances that tell me everything is going to be just fine from the cheer-leading squad but I won't drink the Kool-Aid.

Any response from others having similar problems or someone who may have a clue would be nice....... (Please, no cheer-leaders)

BTW, I am not encountering problems on other sites/pages. My IP is functioning normally elsewhere so please don't travel that old and well worn road.
Onion Jack 8 years, 10 months ago at Jul 6 12:00 -
It isn't just you, you can stop checking that your naughty sites are loading ok.

Edit: seems to have been fixed, just be nice if the image issue was fixed too.
Iceviper 8 years, 10 months ago at Jul 6 12:31 -
Naughty! Me!! Whatever could you mean? I'm totally speechless......

You're right, I seem to be back to turtle speed instead of snail. As for the image issues, don't think they'll ever be resolved with the present version.