Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

500 - Internal Server Error

« Prev12 Next »
Iceviper 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 19:35 -
I've been getting a lot of these the past couple of days. Anyone else?
Deleted user
Deleted 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 19:56 -
Oh yeah massive increase, definitely.
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 19:58 -
Yup, and search has been slow since the maintenance that was done earlier too.
Iceviper 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 20:02 -
Thanks, the site must be growing faster than the hardware.

:D
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 20:20 -
...and now it's more errors than actual loads.

Edit: Internals have slowed, search still causing issues.
Anautix 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 21:17 -
Yes, especially today it's really annoying.
Admin
Tom 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 21:51 -
It should be better now
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 18 22:33 -
Aye, it seems to be tickety-boo for now.

Cheers.
Iceviper 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 20 14:12 -
Not fer nuttin but I'm still getting occurrences. Just sezzin....
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 21 20:36 -
Well that didn't last long, not that it stops the spammers who've been allowed back in lately.
Iceviper 10 years, 2 months ago at Feb 21 21:16 -
Tons of "Internal Server Error's" and everything is running dog slow today. Maybe the site needs a 5-Hour Energy shot! :D
MadFlix 10 years, 2 months ago at Mar 1 19:42 -
I'm pretty new to Listal, i liked it, so i joined up, but these errors 500/503 is driving me nuts. Even when it doesnt give an error, it still is awfully slow, it actually locks my browser. This post may be up for a week, but this is going on for a couple of weeks that i know off.
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Mar 1 22:00 -
I think a lot of new users like you will have given up, even older users must be doing the same. I'm getting close myself.

The funny thing is, I've been measuring loading times in number of minutes for most of the day (ok, slight exaggeration), but then when I came to see this thread...

503 - Service Not Available

You couldn't make it up!
oakstep 10 years, 2 months ago at Mar 4 3:12 -
I get one of those 500 at least once a day.
Onion Jack 10 years, 2 months ago at Mar 5 20:54 -
Whatever you did after reading this thread the other day...

You need to do it again.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 10 18:26 -
The "Internal Server Error's" seemed to have diminished but the site seems to be running dog slow and looses pages frequently. Could it be the curse of popularity?
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 10 20:58 -
It just needs another one of those silent pokes to get things going again.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 12 12:43 -
We seem to be back to broken icons and thumbnails/pictures that won't load. I've noticed it on my lists and others and it seems to go hand in hand with slow loading times and unresponsive "buttons".
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 12 18:28 -
I've also noticed that the "Add To Listal" button that I had added to my taskbar has stopped functioning today. Anyone else noticed these quirks?
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 17 20:02 -
No errors, but very slow again, perhaps a quick click of that mysterious button?
TrekMedic 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 3:59 -
This may be a symptom, so I won't start a new thread (yet) but is anyone seeing their list views and votes get all screwy for a while, too? I just released a new list on Monday about Irish movies. This morning, it had about 250 views, now its showing only 4 views??
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 10:24 -
I've been seeing that for the past few months, especially in respect to views. Not sure what and why but something's screwy in the hardware department.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 10:28 -
Probably connected to the same problem that means the comment counts don't work. It's all well and good forcing an update on individual lists, but the problem needs finding and fixing. So many lists have negative comment counts simply because it deducts the deletion from zero, yet won't increase the count for new comments.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 20:58 -
Must be using the same code as Windows ME. :)
Deleted user
Deleted 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 22:58 -
Normally a 500 server error goes back to the database. It happens a lot on older websites that are still using old codecs that are out dated. It should not be a problem from that stand point, but somehow it is. The best advice I can give you is to clear your cookies, but even that don't really work in times.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 20 23:06 -
Cookies... if only it were that easy, but thank you for using the new version of 'have you tried turning it off and on again?'.

The 500 errors usually disappear if the issue is raised here, sometimes after a short maintenance... so no need to be clearing your browser.

The count errors, no idea when/whether they will be fixed at all... we can only hope.
Deleted user
Deleted 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 3:31 -
Cookies... if only it were that easy, but thank you for using the new version of 'have you tried turning it off and on again?'.

You're very welcome for simply pointing out something that most people tend to ignore. Youtube and Google have the same errors that have been resolved with cleaning cookies, not that anyone gives a shit. More often than not, site errors can be the computer's fault, but whatever.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 10:13 -
My new problem; can't leave a message on another users page. I tried to thank "NavelFan" (vishal19shah.listal.com/) for votes and when I pressed "Post comment" the note cleared and the box closed. After repeated attempts I realized that it wasn't me but site that was screwy.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 10:20 -
Let me amend the last post, I can't leave a comment anywhere. Either there is a problem or you guys have found a way to shut me up.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 11:09 -
I had that happen a few mins ago, when I refreshed my page the comment did appear as posted though. I've just noticed that there have been no list comments for eight hours on the update feed, which I know is incorrect... so it appears it's all a bit brokened just now.

Edit: It appears that work may be being carried out on the comment count system, which might explain the current glitches... new comments seem to be registering correctly.

Edit: Good job Tom, it appears that comments are finally back to how they should be. Great to see.
Admin
Tom 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 15:47 -
I've fixed the problem with the comments and also the comment count should be working and not going to negative when comments are removed.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 21 18:32 -
It appears to be up and running, Thank You Tom!

Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 26 22:15 -
Flush badly needed, extremely patchy loading, sometimes minutes.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 9:42 -
Ongoing issues, mainly seem centred around the search function, very slow loading for results.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 10:13 -
Everything is dragging. Loading pictures, profiles, etc., etc...
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 11:18 -
It's actually taking 30-45 seconds to load pages, it took over a minute just to open this thread. I've been on inknowthat's "Greece 2" for over 10 minutes and have only been able to vote on 8 pictures.

Someone squirt some WD40 in here somewhere!

:)
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 11:42 -
I guess you need lubricant to keep things going when you get to your time of life.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 12:16 -
There is an issue on profiles with profileheader.listal.com

It has been there for a while on some profiles, but didn't seem to cause any other issues, is that connected to the new profile load issues?
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 17:19 -
Come a little closer so I can whack you with my cane!

Admin
Tom 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 27 17:46 -
Unfortunately I have been having some services crashing without explanatio, these services generate the 'most watched actors', the tag list and recommendations.

Not sure why you would have problems viewing or slow loading images though as there is nothing wrong with them that I can see. I have fixed the problem with the profile header.
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 31 12:06 -
We seem to be having the same issues again, slow searches, slow profiles... and probably other slowness that I have been too slow to discover yet.
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Mar 31 12:27 -
Copy that Jack. Same problems on my side of the pond. Not for nuttin' but; I went thru my machine and it appears to be clean and functional (hold the jokes on that please) and did ping/packet and speed tests. The only place I seem to be dragging is on this site. Just seezin....
Onion Jack 10 years, 1 month ago at Apr 3 18:43 -
It seems that the site keeps dropping out of cyberspace, are you working on something or do we need to do a collection to raise funds for new string?

Edit: It disappeared three times for a couple of minutes each time, no errors.
SA-512 10 years, 1 month ago at Apr 3 19:09 -
Iceviper 10 years, 1 month ago at Apr 4 19:22 -
Sporadic, that's about the only word that truly describes how the site runs. It was good most of the day then it started bogging down trying to load pictures and profiles.

Gremlins. That's what it is, gremlins. Pesky little devils, just ask Bugs.

Iceviper 10 years ago at Apr 14 10:07 -
Back to extremely long loading times, especially pictures. I'm getting broken links at times and have to reload and wait and wait and wait...

This problem is not rearing it's head on other sites.

TrekMedic 10 years ago at Apr 16 16:06 -
I'm now having issues rearranging items in my lists (i.e. trying to alphabetize one of my lists). This is occurring in both Chrome and FireFox.
Iceviper 10 years ago at Apr 17 9:58 -
Something new, something old (actually it's both). I can't leave comments on others members profiles, it just returns me to the top of their profile. This had occurred a few months back and while not a problem for some it poses some difficulty for me as i like to thank others for their support.

I have also noted a similar problem as TrekMedic in that as I am voting pictures in lists their order keeps changing when I go back to the list.

Iceviper 10 years ago at Apr 17 9:58 -
Also, when I post here and hit "Reply To Thread", the box I wrote my comment in disappears and a new empty box opens. If I back out I notice that the comment has posted but I now have another open, and empty, dialog box.
Iceviper 10 years ago at Apr 17 11:58 -
You can also add "Server Not Responding" errors on top of the other stuff......
« Prev12 Next »