3130 Views Share:
30 Puzzling Facts About Time
Funny list created by Gallenum
1. The Ottoman Empire still existed when Warner Bros. was founded.
2. In the span of 63 years, we went from taking flight to landing on the moon.
3. The first pyramids were built while the woolly mammoth was still alive.
4. Cleopatra lived closer to the building of Pizza Hut than the pyramids.
5. There was more time between the Stegosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus Rex than between Tyrannosaurus Rex and you.
6. Oxford University is older than the Aztecs.
7. Everything you see happened in the past, not the present.
8. If you’re over 50, the world population has doubled in your lifetime.
9. More than 6% of all humans who have ever lived are alive today.
10. Some of the world's whales that are alive today were born before Moby-Dick was written.
11. If the history of Earth were compressed to a single year, modern humans would appear on December 31st at about 11:50pm.
12. Harvard University was founded before there was even calculus.
13. France was still executing people by guillotine when Star Wars came out.
14. Every two minutes, we take as many photos as all of humanity took during the 1800s.
On the left is the first photograph ever taken (1826), View from the Window at Le Gras by French inventor Joseph Nicéphore Niépce. On the right is a cat who accidentally took a picture of itself (2013). It’s estimated that in 2018, humans will take 880 billion photos (not including cats). In fact, 10% of all the photos ever taken, were taken in the past 12 months.
15. The jewelry company Tiffany & Co. has been around longer than Italy.
16. There is more processing power in a TI-83 calculator (1996) than in the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon (1969).
17. Since the first episode of The Simpsons, Fox has ran and cancelled over 300 other TV shows.
18. Almost everything in this 1991 Radio Shack ad exists in a single smartphone.
19. The galaxies we observe are millions of years in the past and could actually be dead.
The Andromeda galaxy is our closest galactic neighbor at 2.5 million light years away. That means that light from Andromeda takes 2.5 million years to reach us, and when it finally does, the light produces a picture of the galaxy that is 2.5 million years out of date. For all we know, many galaxies and stars we observe may be long gone.
20. Will Smith is now older than Uncle Phil was at the beginning of "The Fresh Prince".
Load more items (10 more in this list)
Time can surprise you in ways you can never imagine. You think you know the exact time associated with events, but this list is going to take you by surprise and leave you awestruck.
People who voted for this also voted for
I played it i became a fan of the series
Favourite Songs Dio
Albums I listen for the first time in 2018
BradWesley123's most voted for lists
Tales From The Crypt Demon Knight OST
Games Currently Playing in Steam
Television Anthologies: The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Bastei Verlag Comics
Late 1950s/Early 1960s Italian Opera TV Shows