Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

Items keeps doubleing when adding things to lists.

Exclusive 4 years, 1 month ago at Mar 24 19:44 -
I have noticed this a lot lately that some TV shows keeps doubling up on lists whenever i add something new to them. Some of the ones i have noticed doing this are Westworld, Fargo and Escape from Dannemora. If they are on a list of mine and i add something new or even just shuffle some stuff around, there are suddenly two of them on the list. Does anyone else have this problem?
monclivie 4 years ago at May 6 21:02 -
Happens to me too. And i can't delete them, because they keep reappearing, and they are reappearing twice again. The only way is to delete whole section of the list.
johanlefourbe 4 years ago at May 7 13:15 -
Yep, same thing here, I had the same issue with some random movies and TV-shows
EatMorePez 3 years, 9 months ago at Jul 29 2:43 -
I know when this happens, but I don't know why.

It happens when a TV network orders a pilot episode for a potential TV series. IMDb then adds it to their site as a TV movie, not a TV series. (This is dumb because a pilot episode is in no way a movie, but that's what they do.) If a Listal user adds this TV pilot to Listal it gets categorized as a movie here, not a TV series. Sometime later (about a year?) it changes in Listal (automatically?) to a TV series. This is when it doubles up on the lists. All the tags on the page disappear at this time too.

The only way you can prevent the TV show in question from doubling up is to put it in a section all by itself. It might be a pain if you've got 50 shows is one section. You'll have to move the 49 other shows to a new section, delete the remaining section with the two doubled up titles. Then add a new section to the bottom of the your list and add the TV show that was doubled. Don't ever add another show to that section and you should be OK.

In addition to the shows the OP listed I've also noticed this happening with Killjoys, Charmed (2108 reboot), The Shannara Chronicles, The Rain and Inhumans.