Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

Trying 2 make a list 4 folks 2 vote fav's - but not showing?

Eric the Red 6 years, 8 months ago at Sep 1 1:58 -
Hello. We recently bumped into this site and really like the lists.
Our favorites are the ones where we click our votes on the 5 stars offered next to a persons image with their name next to it.

We tried to make a similar list, and checked-off 'voting', but it is only coming-up as the pictures we uploaded for it. No chance to list the persons name, no 5 stars to click on, no top to bottom / numbered form, etc... just the few pics we uploaded to it jumbled.

A guy named blue-pineapple has some lists we like ~ one is red lips, one is "she's got Legs" and we tried to make ours a bit like that - but it is not working out at all. what part are we missing?
?
Bml93 6 years, 8 months ago at Sep 2 1:14 -
I'm a slightly unsure about what you actually mean, but I'll try to provide an answer.
You want your Amazing Legs! Your vote. list to look like this list, am I correct?

If that's the case, you will first have to change what kind of list your creating. Your list is an image list, which in very simple terms, is basically just images thrown together. It is possible to organize it more, if you click on "rearrange list". There you will be able to add different sections, in which you can organize your images.

However, if you want your list to look like his, you'll have to create a "people list". Not an image list. Once that is done, you can then add the names of the persons you want to include in the list, then once that is done, you can add images to them. When it comes to the five stars, all that does is show the rating that you (or the list creator) has given that person (which is then added to that person's profile page). It can be shown by checking of "yes display my rating" in the edit section of your list. Though this is not available for pure image lists, as images doesn't have a rating system in that regard.

I suggest you check out these lists for help when it comes to Listal. Hope I made at least something more clearer.

www.listal.com/list/listal-help-list
www.listal.com/list/listal-help-faqs
www.listal.com/help/html

This message has been deleted.
Eric the Red 6 years, 8 months ago at Sep 6 13:45 -
Bml93, thank you so much for your smart assistance.

It turns out, as far as I can guess anyway, that I had too many windows open at the time of building my list, and with this certain functions were not even showing-up, much less offered at time of making it.
I started a test-case and it is working-out much better - however...

I selected "Yes display my rating" in the edit section, but still there is no glimpse of the 5 star rating stars.
I have it set as a "People" list, however I am guessing that after 'people' I selected 'image' on the next choice of style.
- This must be it. Maybe I can change that 'image' part to... (?) names/list/etc and hopefully have the option to [Add image] next to it.

Trying again... and huge thank YOU! again. :)
Eric the Red 6 years, 8 months ago at Sep 6 14:04 -
[Link removed - login to see]
Okay I re-did the test, using 'default' header settings (which shows the star ratings in its little picture),
and tried the other settings as well. No stars showed up at all... (?)
- Must there be a rating by someone in order for it to show up? But then how would they rate? (On that pineapple head guys,
'she's got legs' list we can just click which star rating of 5 for our vote).

Also, the web address for mine now comes up as "test1" in the address- - I am guessing to change that we will have to start from
the beginning. No biggy - this was just a test run anyway.

Again any help is greatly appreciated. We are enjoying this site more and more.
Bml93 6 years, 8 months ago at Sep 6 15:44 -
Your list is still only an image list, in which the star rating you're referring to, is not available. This is because you can't rate images in the same way as you rate people, movies, games etc. You can vote for images, but this is done by clicking on the image itself and then clicking on the "vote" button in the upper corner of that image. So there's no ratings for images alone. I was a bit unclear in my previous post, I'm sorry. You have to create a new list from the beginning if you want a similar list to the one you mentioned.

Here's a simple and basic way.
On this page: www.listal.com/createlist/
- Set category to "people"
- Set list type to Items/products.
- Once the list is created, click on "Rearrange list". There you can add the name of the people you want in your list.
- Once that person is added, you can go out of the editor and click on "Edit note" under that entry.
- This will open up a page for you write and enter codes in. To add your image here, you'll simply have to copy the Listal image code that is found when you click on an image.
- Then you can click on "Yes display my rating" in the edit section. Be aware however that, for you, this will stay blank until you give your rating. Other people will then only see your rating, and then the rating themselves have given. All of the star ratings are summed up to an average, which you can find on that person's page. Like www.listal.com/rhonda-shear , she currently has an average rating of 7 (3 1/2 stars).

Besides this, check out the lists I previously linked for more help.
Eric the Red 6 years, 7 months ago at Sep 8 21:34 -
Bml93, big thanks again.
Yes this time you cleared-up a lot. It is working... and will be a work in progress.
Your assistance was perfect. :)