Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

Need recommendations for good movies in English.

NGAtti 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 23 17:44 -
The problems I face:
1 I know I haven't seen all good movies yet, but I did see quite a lot.
2 My ways of searching good movies are dried out.
3 Movies made before the 1990's that I did not see yet but are considered good are on my Wanted list but for watching those I need to be in a certain 'vintage' mood that comes up only sometimes.
4 Same with foreign good language movies, they are either already on my Wanted list or I can easily find them, but I need to be in a certain 'foreign' mood to watch those also

What could help me:
1 Lists of names of people on Listal who watched a lot of movies, so I can look for the things they saw and rated.
2 Ways of looking for good movies.

Let's agree that anything rated 8 and beyond by anyone here, is 'good'.
Also I like any genre.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 25 15:11 -
@NGAtti,

If you want a list with the listal users who has seen the movies, you can check this link : www.listal.com/list/has-seen-most-movies-listal

Anyway, I'm a huge movie buff and after watching movies for more than 30 years, I have watched more than 5000 movies and I never dried out like you. In fact, even though I have seen 5000 movies, there are still countless of movies to watch, in English, old, new, or foreign.

But, if you want to watch movies that were released before the 90's only if you are in the 'right mood', you are already seriously limiting yourself

A suggestion, a little bit obessive but it works for me, if you watch a movie and loved the damned thing, then watch all the movies made by the same director.
For some inspiration, check this link : www.listal.com/list/complete-review-various-directors-work

MikeT 6 years ago at May 3 19:29 -
Forrest Gump for sure. I posted a list of hottest women was wondering if u guys could drop in a vote or opinion on it