Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

Lack of Mods/Moderation on this site

DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 8:34 -
This site used to have quite a few mods a couple years ago but it looks like most of them don't use the site anymore the only mod i see that is still active is Bml93.

The main reason why i am making this thread is that i find it a bit puzzling why there are a lack of mods on this site and im wondering if Tom could add some more. Not sure how many are needed by id say at least add another 2-5 mods. If it means anything ill put my name in that basket not sure what it requires to be a MOD here but ive been coming to this site every day for the past 5 year and i think that shows how much i love this site.
mojack 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 10:41 -
i Agree with you we need active moderators .
chloe51 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 12:22 -
MODERATORS who delete your posts?
TheUmbrellaMan 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 12:34 -
I would imagine that there are a list of pre-requisites that determine who could be promoted to a mod (length of posting time, warning given etc..), but this place really needs more mods. I know the big bad right now is "duplicate" images, but have you seen the Off-Topic area of the forums? It's a mess. Clearly more hands are needed on deck, given the amount of activity this place sees.
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 19:27 -
Since ive been here years i actually dont have a problem with "duplicate images" most the images that get deleted of mine are old and more than half the time i agree that they needed to be deleted.

majordsmythe is right the forums are loaded with spam and need help cleaning

Also i find it a bit annoying having to wait weeks to months to get a mod to delete duplicate images
I reported images almost 2 months ago and its still hasnt been deleted.

these are some of the reasons why i think we need more mods

DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 19:28 -
Hmm so nothing from a mod or Tom

TheUmbrellaMan 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 19:42 -
The Off-Topic are has been cleaned up, as for anything else, just report it as and when you see it, and it will be delt with.
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 20:03 -
"it will be delt with"

when? weeks or months because thats how long its taking
TheUmbrellaMan 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 20:16 -
You have to appreciate that moderators have lives off the site, and can't be here 24/7. Yes, it is going to take a while, because spammers will keep coming back. All I can say on this is to re-iterate what I have already said about reporting. Doing so will bring any spam or infractions to our attention. The sooner spam is reported, the sooner it can be delt with. If need be, pm a member of the mod team, directly, and let them know that there is spam requiring their attention.
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 20:20 -
its not just about the spam its also about taking weeks to months for image reports to be dealt with. There are still a couple reports from 2 months back that haven't been shorted out yet. I understand that the mods here have lives but thats why i was saying we need more mods here than just to couple that we have.
Bml93 6 years, 11 months ago at May 20 19:42 -
Image reports takes long because we have essentially 30,000 image reports that needs to be dealt with. With 100 or so coming in each day. We're trying to deal with it, but it takes long, even with plenty of mods.
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 21 18:33 -
how many mods are here ive only seen 3
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 24 22:33 -
i still think we need more mods here
Stehako 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 5 18:43 -
I am a mod; but it takes so much time that I gave up. Too much time taken without getting paid. If I were to get paid I would spend hours cleaning this site up.
Bollyver 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 8 0:03 -
Stehako, I know you are one the best mods that Listal has, but how long does it take to merge a profile. I have submitted several and some are close to a year old now. Not one has been fixed. My images keep getting deleted and I'm ok with that (I do push the issue sometimes) but I see countless pics on Listal that are far worse.
Bml93 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 8 8:25 -
We do not have the ability to merge profiles. That's why it takes long.

We handle reported images every day. We also delete images that we come across ourself that breaks the rules. It takes time to go through the reports, which is why some images are still up. We also haven't necessarily seen every "bad" image either, when it isn't reported or we haven't come across it on our own.
Stehako 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 13 14:29 -
I shouldn't say I have given up on being a mod, in general, but like Bml93 said it takes a lot of time to go through thousands of images needing deletion. So for now, I'm taking casual approach and focusing on the bigger issues.

Adding more mods would certainly help, of course.
compcua 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 14 7:15 -
I very rarely check the forums anymore but I'm still very active, mostly cleaning up gallery spam and duplicates. I've been getting lazy with the issue reports since they got out of control but I still occasionally help out and will try to do so more often.
Bollyver 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 21 22:44 -
www.listal.com/topic/incorrect-pics

Stehako, could you clean this one up for me? It's over a year old and it's just a few pics that are in the wrong profile.
Bml93 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 24 9:59 -
I've taken care of it.
Mikopoles 6 years, 10 months ago at Jul 2 0:53 -
Bml93, majordsmythe, and Stehako: I just want to thank you for all that you ARE able to accomplish...in your spare time and for no pay. While it would obviously be awesome if you could work this full-time (or add an army of backup), I appreciate you taking the time to fix what you can. Without you, the site might quickly become unusable!
Bollyver 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 6 14:02 -
Thank You Bml93!
Mass. Patriot 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 6 17:02 -
I know I'm bombing Bml93 with tons of INVALID reports, and I didn't know that Listal has 100 or more reports every day, but someone must control those blind photo-posters ! :-)
I've try to leave comments on wrong pics instead reporting them, mainly with another pic with the right actress/actor, but little give me a feedback...
And I made a list too, about avoid invalid pics, with scarce success.
So the report button is the only way. :-(

Thank you to all
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 9 months ago at Jul 11 22:12 -
So there are mods here, I thought this was a ghost city. Anyway, thanks for your work and effort to maintain this site alive!
DuckNation 6 years, 4 months ago at Dec 13 21:25 -
i have to bring this up once again sadly but i think the site still has too few of mods here i really think Tom REALLY NEEDS to recruit at least 5-10 more mods.
Bml93 6 years, 4 months ago at Dec 19 16:29 -
We've been suggesting new mods. We'll see if it is to happen anytime soon or further down the future.
Until then, there's nothing new to be said. I'm locking this thread for now. Any further questions can be posted here www.listal.com/forum/moderatorquestions
This thread has been locked by a moderator so you cannot reply to this thread.