Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

The smashing success of the 'Evolution' lists

johanlefourbe 6 years, 12 months ago at May 4 9:25 -
Almost 7 years ago, I have created the very first evolution list :

The evolution of Leonardo DiCaprio

It was a huge success. Many other Listal members also created their own evolution lists and through the years, I managed to gather almost 1000 evolution lists!

At the time, I received some major critics from some veteran Listal members who argued that those lists were really lame but, by now, I can say with enough confidence that the concept was actually pretty awesome, in spite of whatever those guys thought.

Indeed, I kept noticing that some random websites were using the same concept but, today (04/05), I have noticed that IMDb actually advertised it on its very own frontpage (see underneath). As far as I'm concerned, it is pretty much the crowning achievement for this concept that I started so many years ago.

www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home

DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 12 8:24 -
yeah i remember when i first came her i voted for a lot of them
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 11 months ago at May 13 23:47 -
Well done old pal, this is why most people I know left listal.

xxx
johanlefourbe 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 13:32 -
@The Flagship, seriously, you are so hopeless...

To take some time, just to be a trol, is and will always be rather pathetic.

1. My comment was not about Listal, it was about IMDB so your comment was actually really irrelevant. And if we would follow your logic, everybody should drop IMDB as well, then?

2. Furthermore, if most of the people you knew in Listal got offended by such harmless lists, well, I don't think they will be missed. I know also a lot of members that are gone but they left for some really more substential reasons (for example, for the fact that 90% of the activity in this website is about uploading as many pictures of some sexy girls as possible)

For example : www.listal.com/topic/listal-helps-promote-paedophilia
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 11 months ago at May 19 21:51 -
I'm not trolling, I find you genuinely contemptible.

Well done though, to turn THIS into a list that you can't even be bothered to update was well worth driving out the people who were trying to create interesting content. I relish the fact that paedophiles and image bots moved in after your mediocrity drove the active users out :)

Are you still using your 'children's accounts' to vote for all of your content by the way?
johanlefourbe 6 years, 11 months ago at May 20 7:07 -
Seriously, it was another pathetic argument to say that I'm responsible for the current trend on this website. In what way? Just because you don't like me or what I do? That's just basic trolling.

And what about the fact that IMDB used the very same concept? Does it make also this website contemptible as well them? Will you fill you complain against them as well then?
johanlefourbe 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 18 6:54 -
And today 18/08, IMDb has 'The Evolution of Robert De Niro' displayed on their front page

www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home