Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

WTF...Is this site broken?

Zeke21 7 years, 1 month ago at Apr 6 14:40 -
I hate to be a complainer, but this site has had an awful lot of issues lately...I've seen "500 - Internal Server Error" every other thing I click on for over an hour now.

Anyone else having this problem?
Deleted user
Deleted 7 years, 1 month ago at Apr 6 15:07 -
Yup it's been broken for years, ha-ha! There used to be communication from mods though (on the forums), I'm fairly certain most of them have just given up on the site, it's a constant disaster and there's no real commitment to change that.
Bml93 7 years, 1 month ago at Apr 6 15:51 -
Server issues are out of our hands. Tom will have to deal with that whenever he is available.
Deleted user
Deleted 7 years, 1 month ago at Apr 6 16:34 -
I'm aware of this and I'm certainly not blaming Mods for the server issue. What I was alluding to was the complete lack of communication from mods on the forum, Dez88 has made numerous points yet his threads have been roundly ignored by those who are supposed to have responsibility for the site and he certainly isn't the only one.

It would nice for Listal's Twitter to be up and running again too (again I know that's nothing to do with the mods) to let users know when the site is down. Treating the users with a little more respect would be nice Tom, after all we have to put up with a site in a seemingly constant state of chaos.
Avid Admirer 7 years, 1 month ago at Apr 6 21:42 -
I be interested to know what kind of plans Tom has for the site, if any? I don't know if he works full time at something else (seems likely) or if he's trying to find investors to steer listal in another directions, etc.

I mean, I come here every day and it seems plenty of other "die hard"s do as well - it must have something going for it!
Deleted user
Deleted 7 years ago at Apr 6 22:49 -
It has a lot going for it, that's what's so damn frustrating about the thing. I'm currently attempting to rate one item and it's lagging like an absolute bastard, four stars turns into 3 and a half, I refresh it turns into 4 and half stars, surely it shouldn't take five minutes to rate one item.

I wish I didn't have to moan about it, but frankly it drives me f'ing nuts and I'm sure not the only one lol. But yeah it always had so much promise as a site, it's sad that's been held back by so many technical flaws.
Chani 7 years ago at Apr 7 15:29 -
In agreement with the comment above! What's going on with the ratings system, jumping about constantly. I've gone back on some recent watched movies to find the star rating completely different to how I'd believed I rated them. Annoying AF.
Bml93 7 years ago at Apr 8 18:26 -
As of now, there's really not much we can deal with besides handling reports of images, videos and reviews. A few of our tools are, for the moment, broken and in need of a fix.
If you want to post direct questions to us, then I suggest you post them in the "Questions to moderators" forum. We answers questions more frequently there. I'll take your point about wanting more communication from us, but it should be known that any question regarding the server, will usually just be responded with my previously post. We have no insight into this site's performance, so we simply don't know what's wrong or when it will be fixed.