Different, but the same.

Posted : 8 years, 2 months ago on 25 May 2011 11:56

Flashforward was a very unique premise, it seemed like it would make a good show, but I never could see it being able to turn that premise into a series. And in the end, it was never turned into a series. It had been cancelled after one season, unfortunately. It's too bad that this show was cancelled, it was a good show. It was no Lost, and I think, although it was trying to be "The Next Lost" it wasn't trying to completely copy everything about it (although the similarities between the two were often eerie). The acting in this show was subpar. Joseph Fiennes is a pretty bad actor, but the rest of the cast does good enough to make that acceptable. Overall, this show wasn't terrible, and it's definitely not as bad as some people say. I'd give it watch, just for fun.

Flashforward review

Posted : 8 years, 5 months ago on 24 February 2011 06:05

I didnt watch series for 10 years. So often friends told me: check this new great series. After the first 2 or 3 episodes I stopped. Most of them just take to long to get interesting. But not FlashForward - its fast catching your full attention. The end of most of the episodes stop with a big WOW effect on the end. The episode is gone but hte heart beat still sprints.. Give it a try really nice plot. How stupid that it was stopped after the first season :-(

Flashforward review

Posted : 9 years, 3 months ago on 29 April 2010 07:43

I just couldnt get into this show at all, which surprised me.

Pretty Good

Posted : 9 years, 7 months ago on 30 December 2009 07:06

Review as of season 1 episode 4.

If the show wants to be as interesting as Lost, they need to start ramping up the mysteries and the intertextuality. Another reservation: I love Joseph Fiennes and Sonya Walger, but I don't think either of them is lead material. Walger especially is very talented and always interesting as a supporting player but never as a lead. The show has a lot of manufactured character tension (Agent Noh's fears, Fiennes' character's alcoholism) while leaving genuine wells of tension untapped (a worldwide disaster that probably would have led to at least a week of martial law).

But while I'm waiting for Lost and every other show to return, I'll get current with the front 13 and see how it plays out.