Explore
 Lists  Reviews  Images  Update feed
Categories
MoviesTV ShowsMusicBooksGamesDVDs/Blu-RayPeopleArt & DesignPlacesWeb TV & PodcastsToys & CollectiblesComic Book SeriesBeautyAnimals   View more categories »
Listal logo

39 promoted lists by the same user?

« Prev12 Next »
EatMorePez 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 18 21:51 -
First of all, Polsko makes some great lists. But how in the world do 39 of those lists get promoted to the front page within a span of 5 minutes? And all of the lists have exactly 11 votes. And the user who cast the 11th vote on these 39 lists does nothing on Listal but vote for lists created by Polsko. Very odd.

EDIT: not only does each list have exactly 11 votes, but the votes came from the same 11 users, and were cast in the same exact order. And the Listal activity for those 11 users consists almost entirely of voting for lists and images . . . well you can figure it out by now.
johanlefourbe 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 20 14:01 -
It is funny, even though I check this website everyday, I didn't even notice it.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious that Polsko has created some fake accounts to promote his/her lists....

Eventually, it didn't really work, as even though all these lists were promoted, nobody else voted on them but, still, it is rather sad that some users would still feel the need to cheat some way or another. I mean, I know that this website is pretty much dead now but it is still not an excuse.
DuckNation 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 20 19:12 -
its not like there is a ranking system anymore
johanlefourbe 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 21 7:50 -
As long as there is some kind of points system involved, you will apparenly always have this kind of behavior.

Furthermore, about the fact that there is (supposedly) no ranking system anymore : www.listal.com/list/top-113-most-influential-listal
EatMorePez 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 22 5:21 -
He did it again! What the hell.
johanlefourbe 7 years, 4 months ago at Dec 22 6:00 -
Indeed...

So sad...
johanlefourbe 7 years, 3 months ago at Jan 19 6:25 -
Again, this user has now 18 lists promoted at the same time...
EatMorePez 7 years, 3 months ago at Jan 19 22:34 -
And 10 more of his lists have just been promoted to the front page within the last 30 minutes. And the vote that got each list promoted is from one of many sock puppet accounts. Seriously, why is this bs allowed to continue?
johanlefourbe 7 years, 2 months ago at Feb 1 11:44 -
It's not the first time I see this behavior... The weird thing is, since there is no real ranking system anymore (as pointed out by DuckNation), I don't really see the point.

Anyway, each time something like this happened before, nothing was actually done by Tom or anyone else so, as far as I'm concerned, I don't really care much but I understand your frustration.
TrekMedic 7 years ago at Apr 23 18:43 -
And here are some of Polsko's (assumed) fake accounts (based on only following Polsko, only activity is voting for Polsko's lists, and all activity starting/stopping around the same time):

gay4ever.listal.com/
ameliagjoile.listal.com/
darksmith00.listal.com/
daenerys22.listal.com/
natasha00.listal.com/
agnes1999.listal.com/
steveoconnor.listal.com/
morticiaddams.listal.com/
samasghari.listal.com/
hannahbaker.listal.com/

johanlefourbe 6 years, 11 months ago at May 20 7:17 -
And again, 14 lists promoted for this member at the same time...
johanlefourbe 6 years, 11 months ago at May 20 7:17 -
And again, 14 lists promoted for this member at the very same moment...
DuckNation 6 years, 11 months ago at May 20 9:46 -
yeah i remember when making other accounts to vote for your stuff was a bannable offence i guess this is just another thing Tom's gotten lazy on
TrekMedic 6 years, 11 months ago at May 22 4:53 -
Well, 2 more moderators have been appointed, so maybe that'll help ease the load on the others?
TrekMedic 6 years, 11 months ago at May 22 4:54 -
And here are some of Polsko's (assumed) fake accounts (based on only following Polsko, only activity is voting for Polsko's lists, and all activity starting/stopping around the same time):

gay4ever.listal.com/
ameliagjoile.listal.com/
darksmith00.listal.com/
daenerys22.listal.com/
natasha00.listal.com/
agnes1999.listal.com/
steveoconnor.listal.com/
morticiaddams.listal.com/
samasghari.listal.com/
hannahbaker.listal.com/

And the same ones are voting for the newly-promoted lists, too?
Bml93 6 years, 10 months ago at Jun 24 10:06 -
There's unfortunately not much that we can do about this. It's a dumb advice, I know, but I suggest that you just try to ignore these lists as much as you can, until/if we get the tools to do anything about it.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 11 12:41 -
And again, this user has 18 lists promoted right now on the Front page...

TrekMedic 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 11 15:54 -
- @ Johan, you beat me to it:

EVERY individual list from his Eurovision Song List group contains votes by his 12+ fake IDs plus one or two real members.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 11 17:28 -
@TrekMedic, yeah, this time, it was even more pathetic than usual since it was so obvious that no actual listal members (OK, 1 or 2...) actually voted for those lists...
TrekMedic 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 11 17:40 -
Message the REAL users about the fraud,...
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 12 1:41 -
How is this allowed and why haven't the mods or admins have not taken an action against this? This was posted 7 months ago and he is still keep on doing it.
TrekMedic 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 12 4:30 -
The mods can't delete the fake accounts, only Tom.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 12 12:18 -
@imanshole, in my own experience, when something like this is done, even when it is so obvious like in this case, nothing is done, or, in some extreme cases, only months later. Anyway, as TrekMedic pointed out, the mods shouldn't be blamed since there is nothing they can do, even if they wanted to.
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 12 15:45 -
They should really be given more power to control this site, cuz the admins are never here and it's gonna just encourage more people like Polsko to create fake accounts to just bolster their points. I like people who are here because they are passionate about what they create and want to share it with others, polsko is as far from that as you can get. He not only creates fake accounts but some of his lists are just direct duplicates of others i have seen.
virtualspring 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 14 22:23 -
Oh, strange and sad :/
virtualspring 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 14 22:32 -
But guys are you sure about this? What If these people are just Polsko's fans or something like this?
TrekMedic 6 years, 8 months ago at Aug 15 0:39 -
@ Virtualspring: Earlier in this thread, I compiled a list of the same people who ONLY vote for Polsko's lists and, generally, are ONLY following him. Other than that, they have absolutely no activity on their profiles. Please join us in blocking him and boycotting his lists from now on.
moviewatcher122 6 years, 7 months ago at Sep 14 9:44 -
I just found this thread and all I can say it's good to know that I can delete the comments this user left me without any regrets. They were flooding my profile and to be honest, I'm not interested in his lists and the alt accounts just cements the quality of them. I get that this site isn't quite what it used to be, but have some confidence in your lists.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 14 6:16 -
Wow... The guy has broken his record. 47 lists promoted at the same time! It is really getting ridiculous.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 15 7:09 -
Seriously, the guy has completely hijacked the website! By now, I have lost count one how many of his bullsh*t lists are in the front page. ...
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 16 8:34 -
He's Just created a new bunch of pretend friends

cassandragoth.listal.com/
anubis28.listal.com/
eros476.listal.com/
afrodite.listal.com/

I think half of the regular Listal userbase might be Polsko at this point...
johanlefourbe 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 17 8:09 -
@Argus, yeah, that's a rather accurate assessement of the current state of this website...
TrekMedic 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 17 13:48 -
@Argus, Meganfan's original profile simply spammed the s**t out of everything (and created a ton of repetitive, unoriginal, copycat lists). But oddly, someone in power is swiftly dealing with the Bian/Dariani Belle multiple users BS:

www.listal.com/topic/deleted-this-account-bian
www.listal.com/topic/extremely-spam-account-here-listal

However, it's come up before in the forums: I don't think the moderators are being "weak," I think they simply don't have the authority to delete profiles; that power rests only with Listal's owner, Tom.

That said, I can't understand why Polsko's blatant fake accounts are being kept active (vs the whole Bian issue) and all his lists are constantly receiving this much patronage (it doesn't help that some other members, who know about this, are willingly supporting this behavior by voting for his lists).

I'll say it again: block him, block his fake accounts and don't patronize what's being promoted and maybe he'll get the message.

johanlefourbe 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 26 4:58 -
Seriously, again?!? Is he going to do that sh*t every week now?!?
TrekMedic 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 27 0:27 -
I've lost count,....50 or 60 lists in the last 24 hours?
johanlefourbe 6 years, 6 months ago at Oct 27 14:34 -
yeah... At least, he could try to be more subtle but, instead, he goes for more and more lists promoted which is basically a big 'F*CK YOU!' for the website and all his members
TrekMedic 6 years, 5 months ago at Oct 31 23:48 -
His latest offspring:

queenbee00.listal.com/
amy28.listal.com/
catianunes00.listal.com/
fernando1988.listal.com/
almeida1968.listal.com/
jeanpierre88.listal.com/
salvadorsobral.listal.com/
elizabethcap.listal.com/
anaisbreton.listal.com/
jughead.listal.com/
isakvaltersen.listal.com/
myrtlesnow.listal.com/

EDIT: Most started 3 days ago (some have been around for a bit, but didn't make the original grouping), all are only following Polsko, all are voting for his lists in the exact same order and, unfortunately, all are being followed by the same long-time Listal member. I really hope she's not part of this nonsense!
kathy 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 3 17:20 -
TrekMedic,

You messaged me recently regarding this issue and I made my views very clear. I vote for Polsko's lists because I like them and I can tell that effort has been put into creating them. If you believe there are some dubious votes for his lists then you need to contact Tom (site owner) with your suspicions and any evidence to back them up so he can decide what should be done.

Until then I will continue to vote for any list that I choose and if you wish to believe that I am part of a conspiracy with Polsko then go ahead. I refuse to be bullied into being part of your vigilante boycott.

As Imanshole stated, I always try to return the votes of any Listal members who vote for me and I will often also follow them. I don't waste time researching the history of each person who votes for me. I come to this site to create my own lists and to appreciate the creative work of other members.

Imanshole, thank you for defending me. Much appreciated. You are also one of the nicest people on this site. :)
TrekMedic 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 4 1:08 -
Sorry, I'm late responding to this thread. Kathy, if Imanshole is vouching for you, as far as I'm concerned, I'm good with his statement. At no time was my statement meant to infer that you (or Dark Warrior) are in collusion with Polsko and I disavow any accusations implied by my comments.

As far as whom you associate and/or vote for, we've already communicated about it and I repeat that I'm OK with it (not that you need my OK,...)

As far as calling this a "vigilante boycott," I can only state that in my 6+ years as a Listal member, I have been the victim of numerous spurious accusations by one currently inactive member/(former?) moderator over the years, to the point where I was threatened with removal from the membership ranks. I find it frustrating that, at some point, the powers-that-be who can act on this moved quickly on false accusations but have allowed this to fester for so long, especially in the face of some fairly obvious information.

Mea culpa! I owe you some list votes
Rylvan 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 4 5:41 -
Polsko strikes again. Front page flooded with 53 lists within 23 minutes, voted by the same users in the same order, all of whom only follow Polsko and vote for his stuff. It's getting ever more blatant, it's almost funny. And he's been getting away with this for over 10 months, at least, with no repercussions? If Tom/the admins have abandoned this place what's the point any more? Its like Lord of the Flies in here.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 5 8:25 -
Indeed, now, you can scroll through 3 pages of promoted lists by Polsko...

Concerning Kathy, well, if she decides to support his work, that's up to her but to call this legitimate discussion as some 'vigilante boycott, that's where I don't agree.

It is obvious that there's something fishy going on here and, indeed, Tom should be the one dealing with this since the moderators don't have any power to do something about it but guess what? It has been going on for months and nothing has been done at all so what are we supposed to do? Pretend like Kathy that Polsko is a fine and decent Listal contributor?
I don't think so.
kathy 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 6 1:22 -
Johan,

Have either you or TrekMedic ever contacted Tom directly regarding this issue or do you just complain about it on this thread and hassle other Listal members with personal messages to try and bully them into boycotting Polsko's lists?

Issues should be dealt with through the proper channels. Whenever I have had any serious problems on this site I have always contacted Tom directly and he has dealt with them fairly quickly.

I am messaging Tom now and sending him a link to this thread so he can decide what should be done.

Hopefully, you and TrekMedic will leave me in peace now.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 6 9:02 -
Kathy,

I agree with you that it is better to contact Tom directly about such matter but if you check this forum, not only this discussion but any other one, you will see Tom's actions are anything but swift.

Furthermore, I have been on this website for maybe 7 years, I have seen similar issues occuring over and over again and each time, in such cases, Tom did either nothing or it took months before something was done at all.

Finally, I'm not responsible about what TrekMedic did. He was the one who sent your some private messages, not me, as far as I'm concerned, you can to do wathever you want so stop saying I have been bullying you. (and concerning TrekMedic, the guy has been a real gentleman about it and apologized profusely)

Anyway, I'm still grateful that you did contact Tom about this and I really wonder what will happen next.
kathy 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 6 12:58 -
Johan,

You did not answer my question as to whether you ever contacted Tom directly regarding this issue.

From my own experience, it often takes a long time for him to reply via the feedback forum as he does not seem to check it on a regular basis.

That is why it is better to message him. Had you done so, I'm sure this issue would have been resolved long ago.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 6 15:43 -
Sorry if my message was unclear....

No, I didn't contact Tom because I thought it might be pointless.

Still, to show my goodwill, I have just sent him a message and we will see if anything will happen.

My best bet is that nothing will happen and Polsko will keep on doing this until the end of time.
johanlefourbe 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 7 8:46 -
.... and in the mean time, Polsko still has at least 30 lists in the front page of this website
Admin
Tom 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 9 1:47 -
I've deleted the accounts mentioned
johanlefourbe 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 9 11:41 -
@Tom,

That's great!

I have to admit it, I didn't expect you handle this right away, thanks a lot!

You might also exclude him from the point system since more than 50% of his points came from the promotions to the front page but I'm already glad the fake accounts have been deleted.
Deleted user
Deleted 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 10 22:38 -
I am afraid he will just create new ones, he needs to be banned or somethings that prevents him creating more accounts and make him lose interest in this place, so we don't have to see his BS repeat again.
EatMorePez 6 years, 5 months ago at Nov 20 19:45 -
Here we go again. Imanshole was right, Polsko created another fake account about 45 minutes ago:

raoulduke.listal.com/

And that account promptly voted for 17 of Polsko's lists.
« Prev12 Next »