Reviews > Most voted reviews

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits, somewhere in the wilderness." I still remember leaving the cinema subsequent to the first... More
Promoted 13 years, 7 months ago
An Inconvenient Truth
Reviewed by Nonfictionguy
An Inconvenient Truth is really weird. Itโ€™s not a drama or even a documentary in the traditional sense, it's more of a slide show, deliver... More
Promoted 12 years ago
Let Me In
Reviewed by lotr23
Those who read the synopsis for LET ME IN and aren't familiar with the Swedish film on which it is based, will be forgiven to think "Well, i... More
The Shawshank Redemption
Reviewed by Lexi
''There are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't tou... More
Disaster Movie
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
Not another shallow Hollywood movie. [This is a real tagline! Both the tagline and the title are spot-on!] If Judd Apatow is the Jesus of... More
Promoted 12 years, 7 months ago
The Testament of Dr. Mabuse
Reviewed by Lexi
''When chaos has become supreme law, then the time will have come for the empire of crime.'' Berlin police inspector Lohmann investigates... More
Mr. Brooks
Reviewed by Prelude
Normally, I never would have bothered with a Costner flick for the rest of my life, but he shocked me. I'm glad I caved in and saw this fil... More
Promoted 13 years, 5 months ago
Paul
Reviewed by Rossjm
Good, cinematic entertainment? You can count on it. A good, fresh comedy? Far from it. Paul is full of forced jokes, based on unnecessary vu... More
Antichrist
Reviewed by Lexi
''What do you think is supposed to happen in the woods?'' A grieving couple retreats to their cabin in the woods, hoping to repair their ... More
Waltz with Bashir
Reviewed by Lexi
''Memory is dynamic, itโ€™s alive. If some details are missing, memory fills in the holes with things that never happened.'' An Israeli fil... More
M
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"What do you know about it? Who are you anyway? Who are you? Criminals? Are you proud of yourselves? Proud of breaking safes or cheating at ... More
Promoted 10 years, 9 months ago
The Fountain
Reviewed by Prelude
This is one of those movies you watch, you keep watching, your brain really starts to hurt as you TRY really hard to figure out what is goin... More
Promoted 14 years, 7 months ago
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rob...
Reviewed by Lexi
''Can't figure it out, you wanna be like me, or you wanna be me?'' A detailed account of the famous outlaw Jesse James and his relationsh... More
Promoted 11 years, 9 months ago
There Will Be Blood
Reviewed by Lexi
''There are times when I look at people and I see nothing worth liking.'' A story about family, greed, religion, and oil, centered around... More
Promoted 11 years, 8 months ago
Silent Hill 2
Reviewed by Lexi
''I was weak. That's why I needed you... needed someone to punish me for my sins... but that's all over now... I know the truth. Now it's ti... More
Promoted 8 years, 11 months ago
Grave of the Fireflies
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Why must fireflies die so young?"When it comes to Japanese animated features, Studio Ghibli is unparalleled, with the animation purveyor's ... More
Promoted 9 years ago
Ugetsu
Reviewed by Lexi
''This love...This love of ours...Has driven me to madness.'' In 16th Century Japan Potter Genjurรด and Tobei set out with their wives i... More
Promoted 11 years, 6 months ago
Up in the Air
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"How much does your life weigh?" While a great deal of "topical" motion pictures invariably arrive too late, 2009's Up in the Air is a fl... More
Promoted 11 years, 10 months ago
Mary and Max
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"You are my best friend. You are my only friend." In this cinematic era of computer animation, the art of claymation (for which hand-moul... More
Brick
Reviewed by Prelude
Take a classic 1940s film noir murder mystery and throw it into modern times, make it revolve around drugs and high school kids, add some aw... More
Promoted 13 years, 4 months ago
The Fighter
Reviewed by lotr23
If there's something I've said in several other reviews of movies that are inherently cliche-based that deserves to be repeated here, it's t... More
The Town
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"This is the not-fucking-around crew, so get me something that looks like a print because this not fucking around thing is about to go both ... More
Promoted 11 years ago
Life Is Beautiful
Reviewed by Lexi
[carrying his son through the camp] ''You are such a good boy. You sleep now. Dream sweet dreams. Maybe we are both dreaming. Maybe this ... More
Promoted 9 years, 5 months ago
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Reviewed by Heracles
The new Tomb Raider is a massive leap forward as far as the saga is concerned; I personally stopped playing after TR3 because of the mundane... More
Promoted 13 years ago
Super Mario Galaxy
Reviewed by Moz La Punk
Mario Galaxy is truly everything that is fun in videogames, rolled up onto one disc that simply everyone must own. When Mario 64 invente... More
Promoted 12 years, 5 months ago
The Blind Side
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"The left tackle's job is to protect the quarterback from what he can't see coming. To protect his blind side." 2009 will stand as a defi... More
Promoted 11 years, 10 months ago
X-Men: First Class
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Tomorrow, mankind will know that mutants exist. They will fear us, and that fear will turn to hatred." Smartly rebooting the X-Men serie... More
A Perfect Getaway
Reviewed by The Cinephile
What you don't see often these days is originality. With all the summer blockbusters being released worldwide, A Perfect Getaway is just wha... More
Promoted 12 years, 5 months ago 8 comments
Closer
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Where is this love? I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it. I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with y... More
Zombieland
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons...were the fatties." Cine... More
Promoted 12 years ago