Reviews > Most voted reviews

Paul
Reviewed by lotr23
The ad campaign for PAUL has wittily informed us that this film was directed by "the earthling who brought you SUPERBAD," Greg Mottola. Of c... More
Promoted 10 years, 8 months ago
The Fighter
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"I'm just grateful to be here and have the shot for the title." From Rocky to Raging Bull to Million Dollar Baby, boxing films have exist... More
Promoted 10 years, 8 months ago
The Sixth Sense
Reviewed by propelas
The director manages to make a very interesting psychological thriller, but whose terrible strong resonance due to the spectacular overthrow... More
Promoted 10 years, 3 months ago
Inception
Reviewed by propelas
The ยซInceptionยป is the most ambitious work to date Nolan. All his favorite film techniques are present here, from the impressive panoramic... More
Promoted 10 years, 2 months ago
Black Swan
Reviewed by lotr23
Searingly dark, haunting and intense, BLACK SWAN is a remarkable look at a person's discovery of their inner demons. The fact that the film'... More
Promoted 10 years, 11 months ago
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Reviewed by Lexi
''I must know everything. I must penetrate the heart of his secret! I must become Caligari!'' A horror film that surpasses all others. Al... More
Promoted 1 year, 2 months ago
Big Fish
Reviewed by Lexi
''They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that's true. What they don't tell you is that when it starts again, it moves... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
I Love You, Phillip Morris
Reviewed by Lexi
''Love sure is a funny thing. Makes you happy, makes you sad, makes you do all sorts of things you never thought you'd do before.'' Stev... More
The Lovely Bones
Reviewed by Lexi
''I wasn't lost, or frozen, or gone... I was alive; I was alive in my own perfect world.'' Focuses on a young girl who has been murdered ... More
The Hurt Locker
Reviewed by Heracles
I bought this film safe in the knowledge that it had to be something groundbreaking and after pocketing six academy awards with resistance f... More
Promoted 11 years, 9 months ago
Little Miss Sunshine
Reviewed by The Cinephile
A dysfunctional family travels hundreds of miles on their bus, just to enter the daughter in a beauty pageant. When talking about dysfunc... More
Promoted 4 years, 11 months ago
Brazil
Reviewed by Lexi
''Yes... No... I don't know. I don't know what I want.'' A bureaucrat in a retro-future world tries to correct an administrative error and h... More
Promoted 11 years, 11 months ago
Reviewed by Lexi
''I see you.'' The world of Pandora and it's people(The Na'vi) are threatened by humans searching for an expensive resource. Sam Worth... More
Promoted 3 years ago
The Unborn
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Jumby wants to be born now." Generally speaking, viewers cut horror movies a little slack - we can overlook nonsensical plots and stupid... More
Scarface
Reviewed by Lexi
''I'm Tony Montana! You fuck with me, you fuckin' with the best!'' In 1980 Miami, a determined Cuban immigrant takes over a drug empire w... More
Promoted 11 years, 12 months ago
Empire of the Ants (1977)
Reviewed by kathy
Badly-written and acted horror movie - exactly the kind that I love; Joan Collins is a real estate agent trying to sell plots of land on an ... More
Promoted 4 years, 7 months ago 3 comments
Max Payne
Reviewed by Lexi
''I don't know about Heaven, but I believe in angels.'' Coming together to solve a series of murders in New York City are a DEA agent who... More
Promoted 9 years, 6 months ago
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Reviewed by Vix
Set between Terminator 2 and 3, The Sarah Connor Chronicles follows Sarah and John Connor and their Terminator protector, Cameron, who journ... More
Promoted 8 years, 10 months ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Reviewed by Lexi
''I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.'' The former Fellowship of the Ring prepare for the final battle for Middle Earth, while Fr... More
The Dark Knight
Reviewed by Claudia
โ€œYou either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.โ€ The Dark Knight was a film that I had extremely h... More
Promoted 12 years, 7 months ago
V for Vendetta
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Remember, remember, The fifth of November, The gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason Why the gunpowder treason Should ever b... More
Promoted 13 years, 1 month ago
The Cat in the Hat
Reviewed by Prelude
Jesus freakin' christ, i had to shut off this garbage shortly after the 'cat' showed up. Rude crude humor, and sexual jokes about getting a... More
Promoted 13 years, 11 months ago
The Shining
Reviewed by Prelude
Does this film really need a review? I mean, it's The Shining! Everyone has seen it, right? And if you haven't whats wrong, why aren't yo... More
Promoted 9 years, 5 months ago
Trainspotting
Reviewed by Prelude
This film is beautiful, funny, shocking, brutal, tragic, and hopeful. First time I saw it, I didn't like it much, mostly because its so har... More
Promoted 5 years, 2 months ago
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Reviewed by Prelude
Many thought this movie should be filed under 'never should have been remade' because the original was such a classic. During filming, even... More
Promoted 14 years, 4 months ago
Interstellar
Reviewed by Hereticked
First hour: Interesting premise, but tainted by hokey mysticism driving the plot. Second hour: Lots of bad editing cutting back and forth... More
Promoted 3 years, 2 months ago
Interstellar
Reviewed by Bml93
There are minor spoilers here, so be careful. It's a film that's really, really hard to talk about without going into major plot points, bu... More
Promoted 4 years, 10 months ago
Noah
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"My father said that one day, if man continued in his ways, the Creator would annihilate this world..." In spite of what Paramount's mark... More
Promoted 7 years, 7 months ago
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Reviewed by Bml93
Warning: This might be more rambling, than an actual coherent review. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is that difficult second film i... More
Promoted 7 years, 11 months ago
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Reviewed by Bml93
I liked 2012's The Hunger Games. It was an entertaining and well-made film, but it also managed to be thought-provoking with some spot-on so... More
Promoted 8 years ago