A good movie

Posted : 5 years, 1 month ago on 26 September 2014 07:59

Like pretty much everyone else from my generation, I did watch ‘Friends’ in the 90’s. Obviously, at some point, I dropped the whole thing but I certainly followed it for a couple of years. My favorite character was easily Chandler Bing and I always thought it was too bad Matthew Perry never managed to build up a decent career on the silver screen (eventually, from the ‘Friends’ cast, Jennifer Anniston is the only who really managed the transition). There is however one movie starring this actor which turned out well and it was this comedy. Obviously, he was basically playing Chandler all over again but it didn’t bother me. On top of that, Bruce Willis, albeit one of the biggest action movie stars, actually started his career with such light comedies and it was really nice to see him in this genre again. To round up the cast, you had such charming actresses like Natasha Henstridge and Amanda Peet and they all delivered some solid performances. All in all, it is a rather silly story but, somehow, I thought it did work actually pretty well, I was quite funny and it was fairly entertaining. Unfortunately, since this movie was quite successful, they made a sequel which was truly abysmal. Anyway, to conclude, I thought it was a pretty good comedy and I think it is worth a look, especially if you like the genre.

Brilliant comedy

Posted : 12 years, 9 months ago on 5 February 2007 01:03

I loved this film, every part of it. Maybe I'm biased since I lived in Montreal (and still go there regularly to party and explore the city). What a fine choice, to film it in the most beautiful city in North America.

Back to the movie itself, I didnt know what to expect first time i've seen this film, but the jokes just kept on rolling in and the twists and the turns and the double-crosses just kept pilling up. This film's a blast to watch!

Only thing keeping it from a perfect 10 is the sequel, Whole Ten Yards, was a disaster.

The Tulip

Posted : 13 years ago on 14 November 2006 08:59

Why does Matthew Perry insist he can make the transition to the silver screen? Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis but this film is no Bonfire of the Vanities. It would have been better had the humor been toned down, but overall, it was entertaining.