I Want To Watch This Movie

Posted : 1 month ago on 12 November 2018 07:50

Very Good Movie. I will stream this movie, iam not find a movie like this

A good movie

Posted : 11 months, 3 weeks ago on 26 December 2017 05:52

After hearing so many positive things about this movie, I was so eager to check it out and I had some rather high expectations. Well, even though I did enjoy it, I thought it was actually a step down from 'The Force Awakens' which already wasn't much more than a remake of 'A New Hope'. I mean, I still had a good time. Indeed, during the Christmas holidays, I went to see it with my step-son in glorious IMAX 3D and it was just pretty awesome when you think that I used to watch the first trilogy with my dad more than 30 years ago. Still, even though it was definitely a fun blockbuster, I still struggled with the story they gave us. First of all, it had actually nothing to do with all the critics from the die-hard fans, in fact, I'm glad that Rian Johnson actually played around with this legacy. No, what actually bothered me was the fact that there was no real story but just a succession of scenes to keep the trio of main characters busy. Let's start with Rey. She was supposed to get some training from the legendary Luke Skywalker but this training was actually pretty much a joke. Eventually, he gave her maybe only one lesson but, at least, it was great to see Mark Hamill playing this iconic character and he did a fine job. Concerning Poe and Finn, they were both involved in some pointless missions and I felt especially bad for Finn. Indeed, he is such an interesting character, well played by John Boyega, but, seriously, his character could have been easily removed and it wouldn't have had any impact on this story. Seriously, what was the point of sending him to some casino planet and then in a ship of the First Order? In 'The Force Awakens', they had to introduce these new characters, it was inevitable, but, with this new installment, since the introduction was out ot the way, I was hoping to see them involved in something more interesting than some boring missions leading to nowhere. Eventually, the only character who had something interesting to do, the only one who displayed some evolution and development, was Kylo Ren who was already interesting but has now become easily the most fascinating character in this new trilogy. Anyway, to conclude, even though the damned thing was actually rather disappointing, it was still entertaining and it is worth a look, especially if you like the genre.

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi review

Posted : 11 months, 3 weeks ago on 23 December 2017 07:21

Cosas Antes de la critca/things after the review
1 I do not think to give a rating for the varied opinions so you get your verdict
no le pienso dar una calificación por las opiniones variadas asi que tu saca tu veredicto
2 obviamente MUCHOS SPOILERS/Spoilers Alert
3 Es mi opinion ósea saben que no soy el mejor critico ni que mi critica será la mejor
It's my opinion, they know that I'm not the best critic nor that my critic will be the best
4 Merry Christmas and new year feliz navidad y prospero año nuevo

English

first some clichés came of the previous ones but at the same time some did not commit it which is fine

first it seemed at least better than the seventh

the end is somewhat confusing but I would have liked Leia Dies in this but not happened
But Now is making she overpowered but really much

Same is than the final scene is the luke dead and not the scene of the possibly new jedis
although it would not make sense because that name would not work or if we took that there were the last

that powerful bad guy was fine that he died here because if it would not be the same as in the six I also believe that Kylo killed him just like Darth Vader when he killed his master in the return of the Jedi.

Even so, I feel it necessary to add that Finn and i think maz end up and they went to that planet and that it reappeared like a bar

still I feel something interesting history but with clichés

The Characters At Least Luke Now It was for the rarest reason nice
Leia it seemed annoying now I do not even know how to say it
Rey continued to look decent and good protagonist
Kylo ren who is supposedly the villain became one of my favorites although I think you can predict what will be good
Finn It made me one of the nicest

In music I do not know why I say it if it's the same thing
and some performances were fine

and with the special effects again it's star wars means they're good in fact when I went to see it with my family it was with the garbage of 3D AND 4D

4D It was a thing that moved the chair when something happened if it rained water etc
but is really good to see it in 4d

in if I say fast that the movie if I liked but has errors but I think it will be the best of this trilogy

Español

primero hubieron algunos cliches aquí de las anteriores pero a la vez algunos no lo cometieron lo cual esta bien

primero me parecio al menos mejor que la séptima

el final es algo confuso pero me hubiera gustado que leia fallecería ya que además la estaban volviendo overpower

también que finalizara con la muerte de luke y mostraran antes los niños que podían posiblemente ser jedis aunque no tendría sentido por que ese nombre no serviría o si tomamos que allí eran los últimos

ese malo poderoso estuvo bien que muriera aquí por que si no seria lo mismo que en la seis además creo que Kylo lo mato igual como darth vader cuando mato a su maestro en el regreso del jedi

aun asi sentí inecesario agregar de que finn y creo que maz fueron a ese planeta y que volviera a aparecer como un bar (Aunque asi no aparecerían esos niños

aun asi sentí algo intersante la historia pero con los cliches

Los Personajes Al Menos Luke Ahora Era por rarísima razón agradable
Leia me parecio ahora molesta nisiquiera se como decirlo
Rey Me siguió pareciendo decente y buena protagonista
Kylo ren que supuestamente es el villano se hico uno de mis favoritos aunque creo que se puede predecir de que se hara bueno
Finn sigue siendo agradable

En La música no se nisiquiera por que lo digo si es lo mismo pasable
y algunas actuaciones estuvieron bien

y con los efectos especiales otra vez es star wars significa que son buenos de echo cuando la fui a ver con mi familia fue con la basura de 3D Y 4D y el 4D Era una cosa que se movia la silla cuando pasaba cierta cosa si llovia hechaba agua etc pero asi se sentía mejor

en si dire rápido que la película si me gusto pero tiene errores pero me parece que será la mejor de esta trilogia

A Poorly Plotted Mish Mash

Posted : 11 months, 3 weeks ago on 22 December 2017 11:49

Pros:

1) Rian Johnson is clearly a better director than JJ Abrams and as a result the movie's flow and pace were much closer to what a Star Wars film should be.

2) A few genuinely good dramatic moments in the third act.

3) Of the OT stars, Mark Hamill aged the best and puts in a solid performance.

4) Not all of the humor is cringey. The movie did get a few chuckles out of me.

5) The light saber battle in the throne room was the first competent light saber action in Disney's Star Wars.

6) The Porgs were fun and cute. Surprisingly, I didn't hate them.

Cons:

1) Although Star Wars continues to improve on a technical level, the genesis of its plot and themes continues to be an abysmal mess.

2) Rey goes to get trained by Luke and, unsurprisingly, there's barely any training. What's the point? We already know she can do anything and anything she can't do now, she'll figure out in the moment she needs it.

3) Ham-fisted political themes are ham-fisted. (Funny how Revenge of the Sith took flack for this but The Last Jedi isn't.)

4) Most of the jokes in the movie are eye rollers. They were the kind of jokes I'd expect in comic book movies or a CW show, but certainly not in Star Wars. The audience seemed to eat it up, but it won't age well. Even if you liked the jokes, they don't match the tone of the movie at all. The Resistance is on death's door and Luke has been reinvented as a cynical, defeated hermit who no longer believes in the Jedi, but the movie can't go five minutes without someone cracking a joke!

5) What happened to Leia in a certain dramatic scene in space was more cringey than every misstep in the prequels combined.

6) The Snoke storyline was a joke. We know nothing about him, he becomes a Bond villain for 5 minutes, then he dies like a punk.

7) In the absolute worst use of Yoda ever, he shows up in ghost form, burns the old Jedi temple and tells Luke "Don't worry about Rey, she's got this." This is not at all a hypocritical departure from his insistence to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back of the dire importance of completing one's training before facing a Sith master.

8) Rose goes from "you're a traitor Finn" to "I love you" in 90 minutes, without even being on screen together that much. Talk about rushed, cliche romances.

9) Finn is now the dumbest character in Star Wars history. Jar Jar Binks has more character integrity than Finn. In TFA he went from "Not going back to Jakku!" to being trusted to complete Poe's mission because... ???, to wanting to leave the Resistance (again) that he never really joined, to sticking it out and fighting because he likes Rey and Poe, two people that he's only just met. That Rey, Poe, Han or anyone else trusts him when he keeps showing he can't be trusted is completely ludicrous. Similarly, in The Last Jedi he attempts to bug out on the Resistance at the first opportunity, then moments later concocts a plan to help save the Resistance (which fails) and that's the limit of his relevance. It basically amounts to the fact that you could cut Finn and Rose out of the entire movie and it would not make a single bit of difference to the plot.

10) Hoth 2.0 only with salt instead of ice (more copy catting.)

11) The force is evidently no longer a spiritual discipline that people train long and hard in order to master certain useful skills. It's now just magic that works because (reasons) and allows lazy writers to do whatever they want even if it doesn't make a lick of sense. This is true of not only the aforementioned Leia incident, but how Snoke links Rey and Kylo and what Luke does in the finale.

12) The parade of dumb titles continues. "The Force Awakens" made no sense because by definition the force is an energy field that can't go to sleep and to the extent it did "awaken" in one character, it was done in such a vague way that the title isn't pointing to anything tangible. "The Last Jedi" also makes no sense because it's specifically pointed out in the finale of the movie that Luke Skywalker will NOT be the last Jedi and given Rey's stance on the need for Jedi, there's no reason for us to assume that she will be the last either. Maybe start giving your titles some thought? Make SOME attempt to give them meaning? Oh, who am I kidding... it's 2017 and Disney is making Star Wars movies by committee.

13) Luke never gave up on his father even though Darth Vader was more manifestly evil and way more intimidating than a dozen Kylo Rens, but we're supposed to believe he gave up on his nephew that easily? What they did to Luke's character in this movie is a travesty.

14) So by the end of the movie we have a bunch of dead major characters: Luke (who apparently died from using the force too hard? lol), Admiral Ackbar, Commander Purple Hair, Snoke and Captain Phasma. The one major character who probably should've been killed off (Leia) wasn't. But in terms of the plot, what has changed? The Resistance is a lot smaller, their fleet was decimated and they no longer have a base. The Empire is still the Empire, but as a faction they literally only have two major characters left: Kylo and Hux. When the call went out, the Resistance got no support, so what are they going to rebuild with? What is all of this nonsense supposed to set up for the next movie?!? I don't envy the writer of episode 9.

The thing is, I liked The Last Jedi marginally more than The Force Awakens, but I can't give it a higher score because it has so many problems. I felt I was being somewhat generous in giving The Force Awakens a 5/10, but it feels like the perfect score for this film. The Last Jedi gets many of the forms right, but the substance of Star Wars is nowhere to be found.

The "Empire Strikes Back" of this new trilogy

Posted : 12 months ago on 15 December 2017 04:41

Despite its critical and commercial success, certain vocal armchair critics felt that 2015's Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens played things too "safe," and merely rehashed 1977's Star Wars. Answering to that criticism is writer-director Rian Johnson's Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, which takes this new trilogy in fresh and bold directions, defying the smug expectations of those who assumed they were just in for a remake of The Empire Strikes Back. In addition, whereas The Force Awakens was a fast-paced, escapist blockbuster, Johnson slams on the brakes to deal with story development and drama, opting for epic storytelling over constant thrills, and requiring patience. Indeed, The Force Awakens was more purely enjoyable, but this follow-up is the superior movie. Exquisitely polished, appropriately rousing and emotionally rich, The Last Jedi is another stalwart Star Wars adventure which proves that there is still plenty of life left in this long-running film series.

The location of the Resistance base has been exposed, prompting General Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher) to evacuate as the First Order closes in under the leadership of Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis). But the Resistance fleet cannot escape the First Order and are critically short on fuel, not to mention their starfighter fleet has been obliterated. Unsure of their leadership, Finn (John Boyega) and ace pilot Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) go rogue in an attempt to save what's left of the dwindling Resistance forces. To this end, Finn teams up with maintenance worker Rose (Kelly Marie Tran) to disable the tracking system of the First Order's main Star Destroyer. Meanwhile, Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Chewbacca have tracked down Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) who now lives like a hermit on the isolated planet of Ahch-To, the location of the First Jedi Temple. Rey begs Luke to leave his self-imposed exile and join the fight against the First Order, but he's haunted by his past failures. Even though Luke reluctantly agrees to teach Rey the ways of the Jedi, he fears that she will be seduced by the Dark Side, much like his nephew Kylo Ren/Ben Solo (Adam Driver).

Picking up immediately after The Force Awakens, the narrative of The Last Jedi is unexpected, and its ultimate trajectory and plot surprises cannot be spoiled. Happily, aside from sharing a few tiny surface details, this is truly the furthest thing possible from a remake of The Empire Strikes Back. (It's satisfying to see how confidently Johnson shuts down those who have spent the last two years arrogantly assuming they have "figured out" this new trilogy.) Johnson's vision is dark, and he unearths astonishing depth and thematic density to create a more adult motion picture, which is a welcome surprise given that this is a Disney production. Whereas George Lucas built the original Star Wars trilogy around concepts such as Joseph Campbell's hero's journey, Luke is now fully aware that happy endings never last, and that becoming a legend is not necessarily a good thing. The characters here debate the merits of holding onto the past, not to mention the Jedi religion and its hubris is brutally deconstructed. One of the movie's most powerful scenes involves the surprise return of an old character, who has much wisdom to impart. Other themes also crop up throughout The Last Jedi, including the business of war, as arms dealers sell to both sides of the conflict to earn their riches. The self-reflection is certainly welcome for a franchise that has just celebrated its 40th anniversary.

The Last Jedi is certainly long, clocking in at 150 minutes which is the most substantial runtime of the saga to date, and it does feel its length. This particular story doesn't exactly lend itself to a tidy three-act structure, and therefore what amounts to Act 2 feels incredibly beefy and is a bit too overcomplicated for its own good. Johnson also has a proclivity for defying expectations to surprise the audience, often stubbornly refusing to let the heroes win, but he pulls these types of tricks a bit too much, sacrificing a degree of narrative stability in the process. Working in the picture's favour, however, is a pronounced sense of humour amid the armrest-clenching action sequences, suffusing the material with some much-needed humanity and levity. There is even a dialogue exchange in the opening minutes of the film, played for laughs, that's unlike anything we have previously witnessed in the franchise's history. Plus, in the casino on Canto Bight, a drunk space-leprechaun mistakes BB-8 for a slot machine. For all of the hoo-ha about the Porgs - small seabird-esque creatures which inhabit the planet of Ahch-To - their presence is insignificant, and they don't immediately irritate in the same way as the Ewoks from 1983's Return of the Jedi.

In terms of tone, The Last Jedi is closer to something like Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk, and in many ways feels more like a proper war film than 2016's Rogue One. There are certain chaotic sequences in which the Resistance frantically scramble to survive, with a pervading sense of utter hopelessness, that we simply don't see in major motion pictures very often. When Johnson does cut loose to deliver the type of thrilling action that Star Wars fans yearn, he does not disappoint. Lightsaber skirmishes visibly take influence from samurai pictures, while large-scale battles evoke classic war movies. The jaw-dropping extended conflict to close out the second act would be an exceptional climax in any other movie, but Johnson has even more up his sleeve for the actual climax, which packs a real punch. Furthermore, Crait's distinctive red and white landscape makes the finale's striking visuals look like something from an art-house film. This is Johnson's biggest movie to date in terms of scope and budget, but it appears that his previous directorial endeavours properly prepared him for the world of Star Wars.

For a movie of such a large budget (and considering that it spent the best part of 18 months in post-production), it's disheartening that some of the digital effects are sloppy (particularly the crystal critters on Crait and the space horse stampede on Canto Bight), and a certain returning character in a surprise cameo looks slightly off. Outside of these slight imperfections, however, The Last Jedi is visually stunning, with rock-solid photography courtesy of Johnson's regular cinematographer Steve Yedlin (Brick, Looper), who predominantly captured the action with a combination of 35mm and 65mm film stock to generate an aesthetic reminiscent of the original trilogy. It looks as if practical model ships were photographed as opposed to wall-to-wall CGI, as the realism and immediacy of the outer space battles is magnificent. It's also a joy to behold real sets and locations. Meanwhile, the motion capture techniques used to bring Snoke to life are better than ever, looking astonishingly intricate and tangible. Perfectly complementing the visuals is the score by series veteran John Williams. His reliably majestic compositions actually have more presence than The Force Awakens, and recognisable beats from the original trilogy are incorporated during certain moments. Williams' work is simply invaluable.

Nobody back in 1977 could have predicted that Hamill would be capable of such a performance here, as he disappears into the role and submits the best acting work of his career. It's a treat to see Hamill taking a bigger role this time around, while Fisher is likewise a more significant presence, which is a huge deal since this is the last time we will see Princess Leia. (Outside of the odd occasional Rogue One moment, if any of the spinoffs go that way.) Fisher endows her performance with authority, gravitas, wisdom and warmth, and seeing her play this iconic character just once more is both poignant and bittersweet. Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd is also given a beefier role as an officer in the Resistance, and she's a delight, not to mention it's wonderful to see her acting alongside her mother. Out of the newcomers, Laura Dern is a notably brilliant addition as Vice Admiral Holdo, and Benicio Del Toro carves out a particularly memorable character. Meanwhile, after making such a positive impression in The Force Awakens, Ridley continues to impress, and is given the chance to really flex her acting muscles and show us what she's made of. It's a extraordinary performance, and of course she maintains her innate charisma throughout, making her easy to latch onto. Driver also has the chance to find more depth, and he's consistently excellent, portraying a layered, conflicted antagonist. Isaac shines yet again in his role as Poe (his dress now looking a bit similar to Han Solo), showing the same type of spunk and boyish charm exhibited by Harrison Ford in the original Star Wars trilogy. Unfortunately, Tran is less successful as Rose - she lacks spark and charisma. At least Boyega places forth another terrific performance, proving yet again that he was an ideal pick for the role of Finn. Long-time fans should be wary that outside of Luke and Leia, the veteran characters do not have a great deal to do - in particular, R2-D2 is barely glimpsed.

More than just a brainless fireworks reel, Star Wars: The Last Jedi emerges as one of the year's most intelligent and compelling blockbusters, with Johnson extracting superlative performances across the board and pushing the boundaries of the Star Wars franchise. It’s a compelling and often entertaining feature, the best in the franchise since The Empire Strikes Back. Of course, it does refuse to provide answers to all the burning questions that you may have (particularly in regards to the origins of Snoke, and Rey's lineage), and there are imperfections, but The Last Jedi gets far more right than wrong, setting the stage for what has the potential to be one hell of a closing chapter. Johnson also eschews pure fan service as he finds his bold new vision, and as a result your mileage with the finished movie may vary depending on your willingness to watch it with an open mind. It is worth noting that, like its immediate predecessor, The Last Jedi not only stands up to repeat viewings but actually improves a second time around.

8.5/10