The Last Days on Mars (2013) review

Posted : 5 years ago on 4 December 2014 02:44

I have been meaning to check this out for awhile now, but other movies had been available to me beforehand. Now I'm getting the chance. There is only a handful of a cast, but most of them are quite recognizable. Sadly enough most of this was pretty boring and didn't do anything that I haven't seen already. I wish there was more to it. It was like a dramatic interpretation of a cheesy story involving space "zombies". Given the cast it was underwhelming. The ending keeps you wondering and not in a fun way. There isn't much more to say than that. It was such a disappointing way to start the month off.

Convincing movie but not the best of its kind

Posted : 5 years, 9 months ago on 28 February 2014 04:02

Recently Hollywood was largely contaminated with science fictions, especially space theme after ruling fantasies in the last decade. So it's good to see Britain to join in such competitive subjects. It was a decent science fiction, despite the addition of the horror genre to it. Kinda looks extended version of 'Apollo 18' because of the similar plot. But there are lots of different between both from characters to things that happen around.

In my opinion, this movie was not bad as many say nor good. Keep delivers what one can expect from a space travel theme, though lacked in originality. The story commences without notifying us about the mission's motivation that happened earlier or what's gonna happen later. So everything about the present situation of the mission's crew and their quest.

As the story progress, there's no delay in haunting parts of the thriller of the movie to begin. Characters just shatter and go chaos which gives first sign to us to do not blink further. Even it leaves us clueless about the incident due to the undeveloped characters. But sad not to see any heroic attempts among the survivors. They (filmmakers) tried to keep as much as a realistic approach with men in astronaut suits than great stunts like a commercial action movie.

In another perspective, it is a zombie movie that takes place on an alien planet. What do we call a man wandering around without a brain function or without a pulse, a zombie!. It disappoints a bit for diehard science fiction fans for not being the movie true to its genre. If you're okay with the merge of the genres, then you would find it a decent than disappointment.

I guess one big known name in the cast would have done a better at the box office. Liev Schreiber carried it out as much as he can but other casts just faded so early without delivering much which cause the movie a downfall a bit.

The Last Days on Mars (2013) review

Posted : 6 years ago on 5 December 2013 03:51

A mix of horror and sci-fi, that just... kinda sucked. The beginning of the movie was promising, the music great as well - calming, and when you hear it you know that the bad things will happen, but... it all goes sour after 20-25 minutes, and it's only worse from there.

Could have been good if they didn't include horror in it, the cast was ok, but all in all, not worth watching beyond the first few minutes.