Gridiron Gang review

Posted : 4 years, 9 months ago on 21 February 2014 07:55

Another football movie based on true events this one though follows a group of teenagers at a juvenile detention center and with the help of their counselor (Dwayne Johnson) they work together to become a team and not just a bunch of punk kids that society will never accept. For the most part the film centers around Dwayne Johnson and his struggles to keep this team together. There is also Jade Yorker a kid that is shipped off to the detention camp after he shot at some guy in a store also he killed his moms boyfirend becuase they were fighing over her boyfriend hitting her. Dwayne Johnson does a great performance as the coach however the rest of the cast is pretty much forgettable and the movie is filled with stupid cliche events. its ok but id recommend it to people only if they havnt seen it and like the genre.

Overall i give it a 6.0

A good movie

Posted : 6 years, 6 months ago on 12 June 2012 09:09

To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect from this movie but since I have a weak spot for Dwayne Johnson, I thought I might as well check it out. Well, it is not very often that you see a major action star like Dwayne Johnson starring in a drama and, quite surprisingly, I actually enjoyed the damned thing. I mean, sure, the introduction was rather messy but then they displayed the life of the youth in this kind of neighboorhood and how merciless and hopeless their life can turn out to be. So, when they all got involved in this (US) football thing, I was really believing that they were willing to do something else than shooting at each other. They managed to show us that those kids never have had any opportunity, except selling drugs, and, here, they finally got to do something else and it worked. Of course, the whole thing was still rather stereotypical, you wonder if they could become friends so quickly and some of those kids behaved completely different from one moment to another but it was inherent to the genre. Anyway, to conclude, even though it was nothing mind-blowing, I thought it was actually a decent watch and it is worth a look, especially if you like the genre.

Really should see this

Posted : 11 years, 2 months ago on 21 September 2007 05:47

Now this is a good movie.
It pretty much covers everything i want in a movie - action, drama and some believable stuff.

This movie is all about Gridiron. Pretty obviously, so don't see this is you have no interest whatsoever in that.
It explores the life of teenage inmates, the fights, the gridiron, the drugs and shootings, the whole thing. The Rock is responsible for teaching these teenagers self respect, responsibilty and ofcourse gridiron.

Excellent choice of the rock as a probation officer to teach the inmates. Another great cast for this movie, Xzibit being another stand out actor.

This is definetely worth seeing, so get out there, get off ur ass, stop THINKING about seeing it and go out there and SEE IT! Inspiration Story that should be seen by all.