Beatlemania Britain

Posted : 6 years ago on 20 June 2013 10:40

It's so English that youtube had to subtitle it in Spanish, and John himself complained about it in 1971, but it has great music and admirable realism. In 1964 the Beatles are famous, but still living in a world full of stilted sorts and occasionally still held down to black and white by their producers and such, but they have a great way of being with things just because of who they are, and nothing really bad ever happens. It's also an interesting contrast with "Yellow Submarine". And it's a very interesting time-- it's very old-fashioned; very "Mr. Green is so serene he's got a TV in every room". (Pleasant Valley Sunday, The Monkees).

That, and, that it's so English that they had to subtitle it in Spanish. ;)

(9/10)

A Hard Day's Night review

Posted : 6 years, 1 month ago on 19 May 2013 08:02

Pioneering a kind of clowning with modern musical stardom. Everyone plays as groupie of down to earth Beatles

A good movie

Posted : 8 years, 2 months ago on 27 April 2011 07:58

I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this movie but since it was on the list ‘1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die’, I thought I might as well check it out. First of all, I have to admit it, I even though I have some huge respect for their legacy, I have actually never been a big fan of the Beattles and I never really cared for their music. Still, even so , I thought it was actually a rather enjoyable feature. To be honest, I wasn't really able to follow the whole thing as it was in English without subtitles and the accents were sometimes rather thick but, obviously, this movie was not really about the plot or the dialogues either. At the time, it was a surprising box-office hit and many bands tried later on to release some similar movies like this one but most of them were some massive flops (the worse one being probably ‘Spice World’). Anyway, to conclude, even though this movie didn’t seem to be something for me, I thought it was actually pretty cool and I think it is definitely worth a look, especially if you are a fan of the most famous band that ever existed.