A good movie

Posted : 1 year, 4 months ago on 18 July 2018 09:13

Since I really enjoyed 'Ant-Man', of course, I was really eager to check this flick. Well, even though it was definitely a decent sequel, I'm afraid it will go down as one of the most forgettable installments in the mighty MCU. Basically, half of it was really neat while the other half was only decent at best. For example, it was a great idea to expand the characters of Hope van Dyne and Hank Pym but, as a result, Scott Lang was pretty much reduced to a supporting character in his own franchise. I had also some issue with the plot. Indeed, it was really neat that, following the events of the previous installment, they would try to rescue Janet van Dyne but, unfortunately, they had to add some villains somehow and they were both rather underwhelming. Sure, Ghost was a cool character but her motivations were rather weak and it was pretty obvious that, if she would have simply asked, they would have helped her so this conflict was rather bogus. As the other villain, Walton Goggins's character was even less interesting as he was basically a walking cliché. Of course, since Michael Peña completely stole the show in 'Ant-Man', they had to bring him back somehow but his character was only mildly amusing this time around. Eventually, after the massive hits of 'Black Panther' and 'Avengers: Infinity War', it seems that Marvel decided to take it easy with their last movie for 2018 but who could blame them? Anyway, in spite of its flaws, it was visually really neat with some solid action scenes so it is still definitely worth a look, especially if you like the genre.