Resident Evil 5 review

Posted : 2 years, 6 months ago on 22 September 2016 03:35

There is only one thing that you can say this game does well: The cheesiness and D.C. Douglas.
However, this doesn't add to the horrible game that tried to be the same thing as RE4, but way more tedious with a horrible enemies and "partner" AI, hordes and hordes that made the game horribly tedious, that only a few bosses could save.
A failed attempt to make a RE4-2, it didn't gave anything new to the formula that we had in the last entry, in fact, it took out some of the best things this last one did, like actually let me explore, but hey, the bad AI and the quick time events still there, so that's something. I used to like to play this game with friends, but with RE6 this game became practically obsolete even in that. If i want to hear the enjoyable cheesiness of this game, along with the awesome job made by D.C. Douglas as Wesker, i can just watch a video en YouTube. I really don't recommend this game, play it if you are a RE fan and want to play all the main games.

RE5 Is A Must Buy

Posted : 9 years, 11 months ago on 10 April 2009 12:10

I played through all the RE's, and number 5 doesn't disappoint. Sure, I could list the game's trivial flaws, but every game has them, even the greats. Each RE sequel attempts to connect its predecessor's loose plot points, generally resulting in an interesting B-rate script that produces more confusion than closure, and 5 isn't an exception. An insane elitist, seeking immortality, releases a new virus in a remote region of the planet to test it's potential on the local inhabitants. Enter protagonist (this time with partner in two) to combat infected, eradicate bosses, confront primary antagonist, save the day.

So, if the RE plot structure hasn't necessarily changed over the years, what keeps the game so interesting and critically acclaimed?

It's not the plot itself, but how it is presented that makes all the difference. The cinematic direction in this game is some of the best in the biz. Sometimes, I would shoot an explodable barrel just to witness the amazing lighting effects that made the virtual earth tremble beneath my virtual feet. The HD quaility real-time rendering is just a few notches shy of resembling a top budget CGI flick. As for the quick time events during some of the cut-scenes, the complaint is understandable, but if someone tells me that their heart rate didn't jump at least once by them I will dub that person a liar.

I could continue to defend the game, but I will finish with this: If you are like me and have played every RE since the very beginning, chances are you already own this game, but, if you don't, make sure to play it on veteran difficulty the first time through. Normal is too easy, and, if managed properly, some of the arsenal is already powerful enough after one completion to render veteran difficulty an easy walkthrough.