I'm not going to get into the plot or just describe the game to ruin your first impressions (if you haven't played it already).
Instead, I'm gonna list all the positive and the negative sides of it so that you could draw your own conclusions! Let's get it started then!
(But first I'd like to apologize for the poorness of my English..I'm from Ukraine after all...But my desire to speak up for this game has no boundaries!!)
+ incredible level design, stages are huge and fun to explore and get lost in!
+ challenging objectives on every level, the goal is different every time and it's way better than just looking for the exit!
+ new gameplay elements/modes introduced constantly to keep things fresh
+ tons of secret areas to discover
+ precise and intuitive controls, just moving around is fun!
+ each world has it's own unique set of enemies and obstacles
+ slow-paced puzzle-solving and exploration-oriented segments are well balanced out by the crazy action-driven sequences that will keep you at the edge of your seat!
+ the difficulty is rising steadily and offers a considerable amount of challenge in later stages! it's getting almost SuperMeatBoy-ish-ly difficult by the end of the game! and THAT'S DANGEROUS!))
+ enemies may almost seem intelligent as they dodge your attacks, making each fight surprisingly satisfying!
+ on the more personal note, I find some places in the game mysteriously captivating... You'll know what I'm talking about once you get to the moment where you have to Turn On All The Lights, and then it's just you and the empty dark circus, and the music that's just so marvelously compliments the mood! other memorable moments include the funpark at night and the sunset over a forest with magnificent gradient sky and you balancing on the rope, and then swinging on the bungee...(that place is actually a pinnacle of the whole game and is even more satisfying than the ending! because here it is - the sense of freedom in it's genuinest of forms!) just talking about it makes me wanna re-complete the game for the 17th time!))
- NO PASSWORDS!! the only way to play is from start to finish. Bummer.
- the inability to run is kinda lame, especially in the final world, where the timing is crucial to avoid the traps.
- too many insta-death tiles! whether they look like spikes or the flames or the spinning saws, there's just too much of them! and they often placed too close to the trampolines and it's easy to accidentally slip into them while trying to kill the smaller enemies!
- you can throw the stars but it's really hard to hit anything because they're too slow! it's nearly impossible to figure out the proper timing and that makes them utterly useless!
- food collectibles aren't doing much except for the points, but they can make you feel bad for missing them out and not picking them up, which is strange, really)
+/- the music is actually a mixed bag... there are some thrilling atmospheric ambient melodies here and there, but for the most part it's just a bunch of happy-go-round circus-fitting tunes that may get slightly annoying after a while
+/- bonus stages are actually the thing that you'd prefer to avoid! they offer very little in terms of reward, but sometimes they're even harder then the stages themselves! most of them are frustratingly so...
+/- boss battles aren't really all that memorable and yet they can get quite difficult due to their heavy use of undodgeable projectiles!
That being said, GO PLAY IT NOW!!)