Posted : 6 days, 14 hours ago on 22 November 2014 02:28

The Simpsons can be one of the most famous shows of all time but I don't like episodes from years 2008-present. The modern world still sucks. Woaf woaf!

TV Show Review of The Simpsons (1989-present)

Posted : 5 months, 2 weeks ago on 15 June 2014 08:46

D'oh! I can't think of a suitable word to adequately convey how I feel about The Simpsons. Honestly, it's my favourite TV show of all time. I'm not the only one who holds this yellow family close to their hearts. As of today, this animated American sitcom of satirical brilliance is now regarded as the longest-running television series in the history of television. Aside from Matt Groening and James L. Brooks, not to forget Sam Simon, the show was, and continues to be, produced by the Murdoch-owned television network giant Fox. When the show first hit television screens, its reception was instantly positive, and proceeded to attract mass appeal.

Whilst still in its infancy, the show became a landmark, culturally significant, and immediately entered the mainstream pop culture sphere. Many fans consider seasons 2-8 to be the "golden years" of the show, however, the show is currently in its twenty-fifth season - a previously unseen achievement - and is still going strong, having survived in the competitive world of primetime television for over two decades. The Simpson family was originally conceived by Groening. At the beginning, Groening based the family partly on the stereotypical conception of the classic American middle-class family, and partly on his own family as well.

The show centres on a typically dysfunctional American family of working/middle-class repute, who reside in the fictional town of Springfield. The primary characters of the show are members of the titular family, which includes stupid power plant glutton Homer, responsible, moralistic housewife Marge, highly intelligent overachiever Lisa, mischievous underachiever Bart, and Maggie, silent and always babyish. Its many fantastic secondary characters are also significant and important to mention, as a large and extensive collection of plotlines from memorable episodes throughout the series have been led by some of these very characters.

Some consist of bible-bashing Christian Ned Flanders, strict school principal Seymour Skinner, convenience store owner Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, evil mastermind Sideshow Bob, old, scheming capitalist Montgomery Burns, and the always entertaining police officer Chief Clancy Wiggum. Clearly, the show contains strong comedic elements, although, it also contains satirical undertones, as it uses parody and satire to comment on current issues in modern American society. The media, pop culture, religion, sport and politics are all satirised. And while celebrity guests are welcome on the show, the writers never refrain from attacking one.

Apart from its razor-sharp satire, the show also makes reference to American pop culture, movies, literature, music, television and the media. The writers on the show often interlace jokes into scripts for episodes. Certain jokes are more sophisticated and more intellectually challenging than others, whereas most are reasonably slapstick and easy for most viewers to get the gist of. There is also a great amount of irony and sarcasm within these jokes. Some of the many impressive aspects of the show range from its use of characterization, the intelligence of the scriptwriting, its adult, clever sense of humour, and the pure brilliance of the voice actors.

The most recognised voice actors are Dan Castalleneta, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, Julie Kavner, Harry Shearer, and Nancy Cartwright. Without their output, the show would certainly not have the respected reputation it has today. The writers deserve recognition and admiration. It's obvious that they're all talented, creative and possess big intellects. Their individual, and combined, creativity is what makes the show so entertaining and funny, as they carry great responsibility on the show. I'm not saying the animators and producers don't make any effort, all I'm saying is the writers are definitely the foremost creative force behind the show.

Following season ten, many passionate longtime fans of the show had begun to believe that the show's quality - its intelligent, witty and realistic style - had greatly declined in relation to the direction taken in plot, characterization and scriptwriting. According to some commentators, it's mainly the writers' fault, particularly such writers, among others, as Josh Weinstein and Bill Oakley, that such a dramatic collapse in overall quality had taken place. In fact, by the show's tenth season, many had begun to notice the show's abrupt change from storylines traditionally led by characters to an excessive overdependence on plain ridiculous and infeasible plot ideas.

That said, in spite of such negative criticism, the show is still managing to seduce occasional watchers of the show to become full-time watchers, and still boasts an expanding bevy of dedicated Simpsons fans - young children, middle-aged adults, even elderly people. And even though I dislike later seasons in the series, this show is still a better alternative to most TV shows that exist today, which are somewhat mediocre, boring and will never overtake the unmatched height of phenomenon that this show has reached over recent years. The fact that a Simpsons-invented phrase in "d'oh" entered the Oxford English Dictionary would indicate this.

The following is a list of my top twenty personal favourite episodes from the show:

1. Brother From Another Series - Season 8, Episode 16
6. Bart of Darkness - Season 6, Episode 1
7. Homer to the Max - Season 10, Episode 13
8. The Springfield Files - Season 8, Episode 10
9. Flaming Moe's - Season 3, Episode 10
10. El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer) - Season 8, Episode 9
11. Homer Loves Flanders - Season 5, Episode 16
17. Who Shot Mr Burns (Part 2) - Season 7, Episode 1
18. Trilogy of Error - Season 12, Episode 18
19. A Star is Burns - Season 6, Episode 18
20. The War of the Simpsons - Season 2, Episode 20

And every single Treehouse of Horror episode up to Season 12.

The best show ever!

Posted : 6 months, 1 week ago on 20 May 2014 04:06

Hey everyone! It's here! The best show ever! Here's my review of...

'THE SIMPSONS' WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP! Yes it’s finally here! The bloody wait is over! I hate waiting for things!

'The Simpsons' is not simply my favourite cartoon but also my favourite show! It's been going for 25 years! And personally, yeah, the first ten years were the best! But everyone thinks that Season 10 was the last good season of the show! I disagree, I still love this show! In fact, here are some of my favourite episodes from Season 11 onwards:

I love 'The Bob Next Door', 'Trilogy of Error', 'A Tale Of Two Springfields', 'Brick Like Me', 'Double, Double, Boy In Trouble', 'The Great Louse Detective' and 'Homerland'

And come on, you can't argue that at least one of those is actually very good! Most of them have received very good reviews and it’s not very hard to see why! You may have only liked the first ten seasons of ‘The Simpsons’ but I like every season!

Let's talk about the first ten years of the show:

When 'The Simpsons' left 'The Tracey Ullman Show', they started a new TV show for themselves! They made acclaimed episodes and in 1999, it was considered the best show of the century! In 2000, the family were awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

The show is about a yellow skin family living in the fictional town of Springfield; there's dumb, crude, overweight, selfish and lazy but essentially decent Homer (Dan Castellaneta) and his tall haired friendly wife Marge (Julie Kavner) and their kids 10 year old underachiever Bart (Nancy Cartwright), 8 year old nerd Lisa (Yeardley Smith) and 1 year old baby genius Maggie. There's also friendly neighbor Ned Flanders (Harry Shearer), rich villain Mr Burns (Harry Shearer), Bart's best friend Milhouse (Pamela Hayden), Homer's father Abe (Dan Castellaneta) and unhealthy life liver Krusty (Dan Castellaneta)

There are so many characters from 'The Simpsons' and the show holds the record for the most guest stars including (but not limited to): Marcia Wallace, Phil Hartman, Danny DeVito, Kelsey Grammer, Joe Mantegna, Liam Neeson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Anne Hathaway and Tom Hanks!

'The Simpsons' has gotten lamer over the years but some people still love it and I am one of the positive people! Critics are still praising the show for its excellence! And I don't want the show to ever end (yeah it's that good)

This is my 200th review and it's the review of a genius work! Congratulate my 200th review if you're an ultimate 'Simpsons' fan. I am an ultimate one! Thank you!

Posted : 10 months, 1 week ago on 19 January 2014 12:24

Amazing show with some specifically brilliant seasons. The newer ones are not as dense as the classics. This is a cultural phenomenon of a show that's been running for a long period of time.

Posted : 10 months, 2 weeks ago on 15 January 2014 06:34

Brand New! It started the collection for my boyfriend and I got it on time as stated for my boyfriend's birthday present!

Posted : 11 months, 3 weeks ago on 8 December 2013 05:01

I like this so much
America's first family of dysfunction, the Simpsons, appear in all their depraved glory in this wonderful DVD compilation of their show's premiere season. Fans accustomed to the slick appearance of the later episodes will be delighted by the rougher nature of these earlier episodes, when the characters weren't as well defined (Homer isn't quite as dumb as he is in later seasons) and the animation was still evolving. This only adds to the charm of these 13 episodes, which begin with "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire," the December 1989 Christmas special in which a down-and-out Simpson family adopt Santa's Little Helper. Throughout the season, familiar faces are introduced, as we catch first glimpses of Smithers, Mr. Burns, the Flanderses, and Patty and Selma. Highlights of the season include "The Crepes of Wrath," in which Bart is sent to France as an exchange student ("Don't mess up France the way you messed up your room"); "Bart the Genius," in which Bart ends up in a school for the gifted; and "Krusty Gets Busted," in which Bart's lifelong animosity with Sideshow Bob begins. --Jenny Brown

Posted : 1 year, 1 month ago on 21 October 2013 10:37

[Link removed - login to see]

Posted : 1 year, 8 months ago on 12 March 2013 12:23

The Simpsons would be hiliarious as a live-action comedy. Starring a cast full of comedy actors. Lisa and Bart Simpson .. Voice: Nancy Cartwright & Yeardley Smith .. Lisa and Bart .. the typical brother and sister they're just like me and my brother .. he like to make tricks on me just like Bart.

Posted : 1 year, 11 months ago on 30 December 2012 02:16

Groening!!! Stop biting off more than you can chew.

The Simpsons was a legendary show from about season 1-7 or 8.

But then.. Mr Groening got a little greedy and now he has RUINED The Simpsons.

Posted : 2 years, 2 months ago on 25 September 2012 01:15

Oh, the Simpsons... Who doesn't remember this show? How can you not love it? It's one of the most revolutionary animated shows of all time. It breaked some of the strongest links of what comedy was. It is still one of the greatest telivision shows of all time.
But why doesn't it get a 10/10? The entire show is now at its 24th season, and still doesn't know when to call it quits. I'm serious! It has had a lot of great moments back when it was younger and had some hilariously fresh ideas. But now... you just want it to get cardiac arrest so we can finally say "Hey, you know what? It had a good run. And we should always look back at it for generations to come." Until we're allowed to say that, we're stuck with a near piss-poor written version of a show that is now completely hit-and-miss(with an unfortunately larger emphasis on the miss).

P.S: of course, I still love this show, it's just that it's at the time where it should kick the bucket. Think about it: Almost any animated Series (with one exception being South Park) should end before it reaches 300 episodes, The Simpsons is at 500. It's getting stale.

« Prev12 3 Next »