Posted : 1 year, 11 months ago on 2 July 2015 12:22

My al time favourite animated series. I thank Trey Parker and Matt Stone for so many great moments. South Park has always been funny, can be oddly topical. The characters are amazing. Most notably Cartman. Who I describe as the best character in Animated history. And there are some great ones in that list. I hope South Park never stops. It Is TV. Gold

Posted : 3 years, 2 months ago on 17 April 2014 02:16

This is a classic show and perhaps one of the most brutally honest ways in which we receive our news today. When it comes to comedy Trey Parker and Matt Stone do not hold their feelings back in any way.

Offensive but hilarious

Posted : 3 years, 3 months ago on 27 March 2014 06:55

Although 'South Park' is offensive, it's hilarious! It's set in the fictional town South Park and stars four boys including the main protagonist Stan Marsh, Kyle Broflovski; his Jewish best friend, Kenny McCormick; the unlucky one who is not only poor but used to die all the time and Eric Cartman; the obese, selfish, racist kid who insults Kyle for being Jewish and Kenny for being poor

'South Park' is famous for its crude language, humour and animation. The animation is just really funny! The characters are as weird as hell! Perhaps Cartman is the funniest character on the show, he's always frequently hilarious, Kenny's deaths are sometimes funny at other times not;

[Kenny gets hit]
Stan: Oh my god, they killed Kenny!
Kyle: You bastards!

But in 'Chef's Salty Chocolate Balls', he gets run over by people coming out a cinema and a man says "Oh my god, I've found a penny!" and his friend says "You bastard!", now that's a very clever idea!

Isaac Hayes was on 'South Park' for 8 or 9 years as the voice of Chef, the singing obese chef at South Park Elementary.

Mr Garrison is the fourth grade teacher who has his puppet Mr Hat, they have some funny dialogue ('Okay! Now let's try and get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard!')

It took 'The Simpsons' around 18 years to make a movie but 'South Park' beat them to it! 'South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut' was a commercial and critical success and I found it better than the cartoon!

I'd say that 'South Park' gave 'Family Guy' some inspiration, 'Family Guy' is like 'The Simpsons' and 'South Park' with brief flashbacks (I'll explain in my 'Family Guy' review!)

P.S. I'm reviewing 'The Simpsons' 41 reviews later!

Posted : 3 years, 5 months ago on 19 January 2014 12:26

This show is all kinds of innappropriately funny with the most disturbing characters ever. I love it! Some of the episodes are better than the others.

Posted : 3 years, 7 months ago on 21 November 2013 08:40

There was a time that I liked South Park very much I started watching it in 2004 and only stuck around until how Kenny still manages to exist is explained.

This show stared out like a show similar to what MTV aired at the time (i.e. Beavis and Butt-Head), but cruder and with younger protagonists in mind. Surprisingly, this was big despite initial negative criticism. Popularity grew in the first 3 seasons plus a movie (which I didn't care for), but the highest point would have to be the 4th season, which had a good bit of my favorite episodes such as "The Tooth Fairy Tats" and "Trapper Keeper".

Unfortunately, the road to jumping the shark was paved with good intentions. First, Kenny died for a year in an otherwise, well-done dramatic episode, then the 6th season onwards spends every other episode making the protagonists punching bags for everyone else (especially newbie Butters, who constantly gets grounded), then Wendy breaks up with Stan in the 7th season and they didn't get back together until 4 years later (although some fans would be okay with that), then season 9 has Mr. Garrison becoming a transvestite (which thankfully lasted 3 years), and then came the Scientology incident which not only have Isaac Hayes leave the show with a heavy heart, but also have Chef killed off the next season (you could've hired Kevin Michael Richardson or something, Trey and Matt?). Not to mention, the show became a dramedy, which wouldn't normally be a bad thing, but South Park isn't supposed to be dramatic, or at least constantly (I'm not kidding). The only silver lining would have to be the Imaginationland trilogy, but... it's not a top 10 contender in my opinion because Kyle, my favorite character, gets bashed, and on the flipside, Butters, my second favorite, is the protagonist for this 3-parter, so... a positive mixed-bag?

It took until season 13 for the show to be wacky again, but it was only for that season. The good thing about this season was Mysterion, a shady hero who protects the town and is the rival to The Coon, Cartman's "heroic" alter-ego. Mysterion was so popular that he returned for a 3-parter in the following season, which should be called "The Coon Trilogy". I really wish that the show ended on that 3-parter because everything about it was perfect. It even tells us that Mysterion was Kenny all along, and he never even died because he was immortal.

But the show is still running, and almost everything after the Coon trilogy is mediocre at best and god-awful at worst, and I've pretty much stopped watching it nowadays. My final score is based around the positive points I've made.

My rating: 7/10

Posted : 4 years ago on 7 June 2013 08:11

Very funny and i love Kenny. I think he is a very funny character and Eric Cartman is also my favorite character.

Posted : 4 years, 4 months ago on 10 February 2013 06:54

I Never did get the funny side of this show, I mean it has its moments and that but, I wouldn't say it was hilarious, I don't think they go out of there way to be rude, I think they just stereotype, and that's another thing I never found particularly funny either, well in some cases I do. Defiantly not going to lie. But when South Park do it, I don't know, nothing that appeals to me. I think people only say they like this mainly because it 'tackles' politics and is oh so very very slightly racist sometimes, hardly if you ask me. I gave this whole show 4, and I think as time goes by I will quite happily give it a lower mark. Honestly guys it's not that funny. I'd much rather watch the early Simpsons episodes, because the new ones are total crap. But, this has always been that. It's overrated and not even that funny, just rude for the sake of it. Slightly abysmal. I'll always think this show is overhyped bull crap. Put your eyes on something that deserves more attention.

"Dexter Is Criminally Insane"

Posted : 4 years, 9 months ago on 5 September 2012 10:00

"That boy needs therapy."

You know, I don't like this show as much.

I prefer idea-balls. And manatees. And....

"And milk. And rectangles."

And dancing. And 'Espana'.

And a frontier psychiatrist. And....

"The man with the golden eyeball; and tighten your buttock; pour juice on your chin!"

So, why don't you like South Park as much, Brian?

Well, it's like that time that....

"Is Dexter ill, Is Dexter ill, Is Dexter ill, Is Dexter ill today?"

"No, Mr. Kirk, Dexter's in school."

"I'm afraid he's not, Miss Fishburne."

So let this be as a warning to you younglings-- meddle not in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

"What does that mean?"

"You're a nut! You're crazier than a coconut!"

(7/10)

Posted : 5 years, 9 months ago on 25 September 2011 05:15

it seems like i've had much more fun with 'South Park' than with any other TV show... and i don't really like animations that much. but this one is not just extremely funny and original in soo many ways, 'South Park' really has a lot of deep sense in itself.

One Funny Show.

Posted : 8 years, 11 months ago on 11 July 2008 03:49

There is not really much to say about South Park because everyone already knows everything about it. It has become a classic to everyone that watches it. And frankly I think it is a great show. The geniuses: Trey Parker and Matt Stone put together a very funny television show. My favorite is probably Cartman, Stan, or Kyle. I highly enjoy every character though. The things that happen in this show, are hysterical, and fun to watch over and over again. What a great show.

« Prev12 Next »