A top drawer adaptation

Posted : 9 years, 7 months ago on 18 March 2008 06:33

This film is one of the rare ones (which for me at least) that outdoes the book. Transforming the lead from a spoilt silly girl into a sultry alluring heroine.

Catherine Morland is so absorbed her world of fantasy that when introduced to Henry Tilney and his sister Eleanor she is unable to distinguish fact from the stories she has created within her head. This of course results in a mass of unintended misunderstandings and hurt feelings, but is the damage to great for reconciliation?

This is definitely one of the best adaptations of a period novel I've seen, with a stunning cast that I willed a happy ending for.
It's never that simple in an Austen creation though!

Quite Good

Posted : 9 years, 9 months ago on 21 January 2008 06:35

This is based on my least favorite Austen novel--I always thought the whole gothic satire thing was a bit weak (but I still really like the book.) So this movie didn't blow me away, but it is certainly very enjoyable. The script adheres very closely to the book, and Henry and Catherine are exactly as I pictured them. I really enjoyed Felicity Jones--she's quite cute.

Northanger Abbey review

Posted : 10 years, 6 months ago on 29 April 2007 07:51

This is really good i felt so sorry for her when she got thrown out of the house!! But i love it loads! But it's absolutely great!!