Posted : 2 years ago on 13 September 2016 01:23

[Spanish Review]
Lo único que puedo decir acerca de este show que no haya dicho antes, es que es el show live action más creativo que podré haber visto en toda mi vida, con un personaje principal misterioso y que aun así con cada minuto que pasa vamos descubriendo más de él, convirtiéndolo a él y a sus acompañantes en un elenco rico. Episodios como Heaven Sent son el tope de lo que este show puede llegar a hacer en profundizar a su personaje principal después de 50 años de una hermosa narrativa.

Posted : 3 years, 1 month ago on 28 July 2015 03:26

Great show, watched all the episodes some multiple times, my favorite series/doctor is capaldi's I loved Matt smith as a doctor and Chris was a fav for a while. I liked David tenet a lot but at times he was way to into his companion "rose" but he has really good episodes as well. And thought series six was not the best but series seven wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Overal my fav show ever, looking forward to series 9

Posted : 4 years, 8 months ago on 24 December 2013 02:43

doctor who is one of the few sci fi tv show that is actually so good that it continues to premiere till this very day! it's unbeliavable how the script, the scenario, the companions, the doctors, everything is so good. i recomend it to everyone. it is an A+ tv show.

Posted : 5 years, 3 months ago on 24 May 2013 08:59

This is also a show i just got into now iv'e never really like british shows other then QI and The Office so it took me some time to get to this. It was recommended by and friend that said that it was he liked it more then Game of Thrones so i had to check it out since they have it on Netflix i thought id give it a try. I have got to say this show is such a blast each episode is an adventure. It's really fun to watch and such a refreshment to the other shows i watch. Iv'e only watched the first two seasons of David Tennant's Doctor Doctor Who and only a couple episodes of Matt Smith's Doctor Who both are great in their own way though at this point i'm still not sure i know which one i like more

Posted : 5 years, 4 months ago on 13 May 2013 12:31

- The Tardis at first was somewhat camouflaged by the environment to go undetected (eg, if they traveled to ancient Egypt Sphinx was transformed into in a parking lot would be a car etc etc) but the show's producers to reduce the fixed costs a police box from the 60s but with some differences.

- The Daleks claim to be a simile of the Nazis.

- Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who, and was the name we put to the tapes containing newly recorded chapters that were sent to Cardiff (where filming the series) to London (BBC center) to avoid fans series of stolen or make copies.

- In recent years, the BBC is taking an intensive recovery campaign called "Doctor Who Lost Chapters" were those who in the 70s the BBC delete your files (do not really know why), through individual recordings and other chains that bought the series at the time have been recovered mostly disappeared leaving only 20. Right now honors the person that may have a life-size Dalek.

- David Tennant received harsh criticism when officially confirmed it would be the tenth Doctor, even collected signatures from fans of the series for his dismissal.

- Matt Smith was going to be a footballer but back injury ended his career and decided to go to an actor.

- Eccleston was under contract for 2 more years but due to their differences with the directors of the series and the poor treatment suffered by workers says the series terminated the contract leaving the show's first season.

- Out of England, countries with older fans of the series are Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in the U.S. there is also a small section of the population follower of the series that has grown considerably in recent years.

Posted : 6 years ago on 22 August 2012 01:15

What to say about a show that every time I watch it it takes my breath away . A genius idea with a heartwarming topic . Who doesn't wish to see the universe or travel backward and toward in time . Do I talk about the little things that makes me madly in love with the show or the big things , because they both matter . The fact that the doctor have two hearts is simply beautifully sad , he feels double the heart break aches we feel , he is more loving than any human being can ever be . Whenever I watch an episode I laugh , smile , cry and sigh .. A mix of feelings like no other . Finally I would say that the fact that this show details is entirely another world , no one can understand its terms , meanings , idioms or history unless they watch it .. If you seek a whole new world .. Just watch it .. P.s a whovian forever!

Shadows In The Library

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 22 May 2012 04:58

Some shows which are basically average, or mediocre, are occasionally exceptional.

But, you know....

I only hope that I'm not being too candid for the British....

.....

"Let us, tell you the *first*, journey of men....journey of men....the first, the first *murder*..."

Yeah, I know, sometimes I'm inappropriate.

But, you know, once I heard a guy say that, what you need is, "an automatic bullshit detector--Oh! *she* wouldn't go out with *him*!"

Because I don't think that the good Doctor (the hologram? the mutant? the Russian?) is really being straight with us, until he tells us what his 'lady with a dog', *really* thinks of him. I mean, I know it's fun to say, "Who da man? I da man", but sometimes the BBC (careful with the article, there), isn't always "a ray of sunshine, on a cloudy day".

I mean, sometimes I just want to say: "they could build monuments to your self-centeredness".

And, maybe they have.

And, you know, I know as well as anybody else, how much easier it is to be fake.

And, yeah, sure, here and there, it really is exceptional.

(7/10)

dr. who?

Posted : 11 years, 8 months ago on 28 December 2006 04:03

This is a great "new" version of Dr. Who, not because of one particular thing, but many reasons. They've kept the same idea, but they also have the TARDIS (of course), K-9 and a Dalek made an appearance, and even Sarah. Nicely done.