Dexter Reviews

Dexter

Sad, really sad.

Posted : 2 years, 1 month ago on 16 March 2012 07:52

This show has a great main character portrayed by a more than good enough actor capable of getting it right when they ask him to. It also has a interesting idea to work from so how could they get it wrong?

Everybody loves Dexter so I guess they didn´t but this is a flawed attempt to make a great show to me. This is my particulary opinion and I guess you wont think the same but please dont hate me for it.

So, Dexter, the character, is good enough and Hall (who I loved in 6 feets under) makes it great. Ok, here comes the bullshit: The scripts are full of soapy run-of-the-mill crap and lame characters and the producers dont seem to know how to hire a good actor (well, Carpenter is Ok). They take a great premise and drag it down to the dirt until killing everything that could have made this show special.

My guess is that they wanted this show to be viewable for everyone not just freaky guys (like me?). All that soap killed it.

Sad.

PS: To all who love this show... I´m really happy for you, seriously. I wish I could love it too but I just cant :(

Posted : 2 years, 8 months ago on 30 July 2011 10:44

One of the best TV shows I have ever seen.
Saw it all and waiting for more...

Posted : 2 years, 10 months ago on 31 May 2011 01:11

Dexter is a wonderful TV Show..
First season is awesome, the others little less but still good....

Posted : 3 years, 1 month ago on 7 March 2011 10:39

DEXTER ROCKS I love that something.....so taboo and wrong is so entertaining. Michael C Hall has to be one of the most amazing actors of our time.

Posted : 3 years, 2 months ago on 14 February 2011 03:29

I can't get over how excellent the video direction and effects are! The dialogue is superb, funny and yea Michael C. Hall's acting is phenomenal. The ability to engage someone like me, who doesn't care for blood, vulgarity and stuff of similar nature..is enticing! I can't look away. I'm looking forward to more and more Dexter!!
Rating: 9.4/10

"The blood guy" (emotional pinocchio)*

Posted : 4 years, 1 month ago on 1 March 2010 07:07

Blood & Donuts. Phony smiles & needle-stabs.
A "monster" with a heart.

The title of this show is the main character for a reason, you know...
Dexter is a bit of a sociopath, trying (well, pretending) to mingle - he sure is disturbed. You know why he is a good man? Because he kills people. Yeah.
Interesting, smart, and quite humorous series about this guy (a forensic blood spatter analyst) that wacks bad guys... and we're the only ones who know it.
He believes he's not really a "real" person with feelings or a heart, but we know better (and he shall find that too in the course of the series).
"I'm like you. - No. No, no, no, no. I *know* I'm a monster."
A monster with a heart - no point in denying it.

Really interesting, well made TV Series, with good actors, a good plot, and of course a Great main character. Dexter does a very insightful - and amusing - voice-over narration. The way Dexter fakes his way through everyday life with phony smiles and good-morning-donuts, mimicking social interactions and feelings, is freaking brilliant.
Well thought, well written, well developed, well filmed, with a nice set of characters.
It's a great, engaging show - if you never watched it, please do.

And one thing I know: it has the best opening credits sequence on TV!

*"If you play a role long enough, really commit, does it ever become real?
Could I become real?..."

Very Addicting.

Posted : 5 years, 9 months ago on 8 July 2008 02:47

Dexter is a highly addictive show. It is one of my favorite television shows, and it is one of the most fun shows to watch. The show is based on a serial killer named "Dexter". That is, He is a serial killer when he's not comforting his girlfriend and her kids. So basically, he is a serial killer on his days off. This television show is so well made. I cannot think of a more provocative show on television. There is a really cool aspect about this show. Dexter commentates his life. It is really interesting to hear him commentate the episodes and see his point of view on certain things in his everyday life, for example why he became a serial killer, how he kills certain victims, and normal everyday events. This show is filmed much differently than any other show, and it has a much more unique and developed plot to go with it. "Dexter" is a gem.

Best Show Ever

Posted : 6 years, 10 months ago on 31 May 2007 03:17

It is a smart, cunning, and engaging TV Show with wonderful cinematography. A must have item!