Reviews > Recent reviews

Punch-Drunk Love
Reviewed by The O.P.
Not a movie for everyone. Unusual, weird, disturbing at times, still a good movie in my book. It's the story of a lonely businessman who fin... More
The Counselor
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, this is quite a weird movie. I mean, before its release, it was one of the most expected features to be released in 2013. Indeed,... More
Anchors Aweigh
Reviewed by Michael M
Anchors Aweigh is the first film of the Sinatra-Kelly trilogy, such an underrated comedic duo. Gene Kelly is loveably egocentric, constantly... More
Captivated: The Trials of Pamela Smart
Reviewed by fernando
Zagar is very well documentated and leaves you with the feeling that everuvidy, society and Pamela, were satisfied of hiperdramatizing this ... More
Interior. Leather Bar.
Reviewed by fernando
So strange. Franco is right explaining why he wants to experiment woth tolerance to gay sex then (in Friedkin's "Cruising" time) and now. Va... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex, Drugs and ...
Reviewed by fernando
Just to see some gossipy interviews on 'tell it all' Phillips, Schlesinger's homosexuality ant everubodies addictions. But there's always an... More
Force Majeure
Reviewed by fernando
Great study on characters marked by a fact (a phisical avalanche that stops continues, in a way, inside them). Great landscape surrounding, ... More
A Most Violent Year
Reviewed by fernando
Chastain is excellent. Oscar Isaac had to be better to convince us of his stubborness, but fails. One gets tired of expecting the violence. ... More
On the Riviera
Reviewed by fernando
Great Kaye, great coreogrepher Jack Cole (I love Gwen Verdon, his preferred dancer here). Tierney and Calvet lost in the background. The spi... More
Big Eyes
Reviewed by fernando
The Burton estetic of the Edward scissorhands (the green, flat, with huge landscape as horizon,suburb of the beginning, announces something ... More
Shrek 2
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, even though I did like 'Shrek', I still think it was slightly overrated but I have to admit that, like anyone else, I didn't ... More
Bakasyon
Reviewed by Chilette
Bakasyon, Raya Martin's atmospheric horror short, won the Ishmael Bernal Award for Young Cinema at the 6th Makati Cinemanila International F... More
Bakasyon
Reviewed by Chilette
(Philippines, 2004) 16mm, 6 min. A young girl from the city is left to the care of her grandmother in the province. During her stay, the gir... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Hai, They Recycle Heartbreaks in Tokyo So Nothing'...
Reviewed by Chilette
(Philippines, 2008) mobile phone, 10min. A mobile short film on humans trying to recover. It is also about the future of recycling. More
Waiting for Superman
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I heard some pretty good things about this flick, I was quite eager to check it out. I didn't realise before watching the damned thing... More
Anino
Reviewed by Chilette
In Manila, a solitary man from a far-away province lives in poverty. The only thing he has is a camera, and he stays at churches hoping pe... More
Fear Dot Com
Reviewed by Butterfly
This is the worse ghost movie of all time. Why? It is not even that scary. I have seen the best scary movies. And also, this ghost movie is ... More
The Grudge
Reviewed by Butterfly
That ghost movie SUCKED. Why? It is not even scary at all. I have seen so many scary movies. This ghost movie is way worse than Feardotcom. More
Unfriended
Reviewed by ThatCriticalJew
The internet is a curious little thing. It can be used for listening to music, watching videos, playing games, shopping, socializing and bl... More
Robin (Teen Titans Go!)
Reviewed by Butterfly
Man, I flaming hate Robin with a burning passion. He explodes the bathrooms, beat up the ninja turtles along with the other Titans and many ... More
How to Steal a Million
Reviewed by Michael M
*** This review contains spoilers *** William Wyler is one of my very favourite directors, and this being his third last film of a forty ... More
Tadpole
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I had no idea what to expect from this flick but since I always had a weak spot for Sigourney Weaver, I thought I might as well gi... More
Charmed
Reviewed by Butterfly
I loved this show so much! :D It is amazing to me. :) I kinda liked it and my favorite characters are Piper and Phoebe Halliwell. They are a... More
The Equalizer
Reviewed by Stehako
[img id=8174499 width=500full] Denzel is the best at looking bad-ass but also entertained by people trying to defeat him, as he knows... More
Act of Valor
Reviewed by Stehako
[img id=3204566 width=500full] The poor acting gets a pass because the cast is mostly non-actors and real SEALs. The imagery and sound t... More
Saw
Reviewed by Stehako
[img id=1596672 width=500full] The movie proved to be better than what I predicted but I'm appalled and sickened by the high rating of su... More
Police
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, even though Maurice Pialat had a very good reputation in France, I haven’t seen many of his movies but I will definitely che... More
Come Back, Africa
Reviewed by Rath
Fiction film that looks like a documentary or vice versa. Either way, what film with urgent desire to communicate something, to express true... More
Qwerty
Reviewed by Chilette
The title refers to the imperfect keyboard style that can no longer be changed due to its universal prevalence. Just like corruption in the ... More
Kung Fu Killer
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: My dad posted the trailer for this on my brother's page and was instantly mystified. It looks like a thrill ride. It said i... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »