Reviews > Recent reviews

The Shadow Of The Wind
Reviewed by Villiana
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.” Finally! I don’t remember from when I wanted to read th... More
Selma
Reviewed by BAMF
I watched this in a promo screening at my theater and the diversity of the people watching it next to each other was amazing. I think Martin... More
Sexual Chronicles of a French Family
Reviewed by Stehako
A surprisingly disciplined insight to a normal family... focused on their sex life. Some of the most realistic sex scenes I've seen in a ma... More
Pina
Reviewed by Stehako
I was slightly disappointed in this documentary about the choreographer. After seeing all of the beautiful shots in the documentary I thoug... More
Chico & Rita
Reviewed by Stehako
The animation looks great but it's a little choppy at times and the audio doesn't always match with the visuals. The story is is enriched wi... More
Nurse Betty
Reviewed by Stehako
This marks the point in my viewing career when I first realized I had a loathing for Renee Zellwegger. Somehow they made this look appealing... More
Flight of the Phoenix
Reviewed by Stehako
First, Why would they remake this? Second, Why? Third, why did it have to be more bland than the desert they are stuck in? More
The Family
Reviewed by Stehako
I like the premise and the cast but the events and are all too convenient and there are coincidences on top of coincidences. More
The Babymakers
Reviewed by Stehako
The Broken Lizard guys didn't quite hit their mark here but there are still several funny scenes and the story is just ridiculous enough to ... More
Must Love Dogs
Reviewed by Stehako
Must Love Cusack and Lane to even slightly enjoy this film. I love Lane, so I half-slightly enjoyed it. More
The Omega Man
Reviewed by Stehako
A kind of lame telling of a classic story, but considering when it was made... not bad. I know there are big fans of this with people just ... More
Hungry for Change
Reviewed by Stehako
This documentary gets you psyched to eat healthy! I like that it doesn't attack anything or anyone specific and is, overall, a good-hearted... More
Plunkett & Macleane
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For many years, I really wanted to watch this flick but, to be honest, I actually forgot why I was so eager to check it out. Was it because ... More
Red State
Reviewed by Stehako
Smith goes a completely different direction than what he's known for and the results are much better than "Cop Out." More
Maid in Manhattan
Reviewed by sweetfemme
Jennifer Lopez plays the role of a maid named Marisa Ventura in one of New York City's greatest hotels and is loved by all of her co-workers... More
Nora Prentiss
Reviewed by fernando
I love Sheridan (she has good close ups here)and I like Vincent Sherman, but the incredible plot ( a doctor takes the identity of a death pa... More
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, we are done with Middle-Earth. I know, it might sound as if I didn't like the damned thing but the point is I definitely had som... More
The Wall
Reviewed by Korissa
This song is THE song. Is amazing how one song can describe the school life.I recommended because Pink Floyd say the complete truth about te... More
Dumb and Dumber
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Dumb & Dumber' tries to be funny and instead it appals me! It stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as two dumb friends who do crude, unfunny t... More
Gallows Hill
Reviewed by BAMF
Well I kind of wanted to see this because the trailer looked like fun. Then I saw the director was Victor Garcia whose movies usually suck. ... More
A Merry Friggin' Christmas
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this solely for Robin Williams. I don't get why all his roles lately are grumpy old guys though. Nothing really c... More
White Man's Burden
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though it is quite an obscure feature, I was quite eager to check it out. Indeed, it was actually the first movie starring John Travolt... More
Men, Women & Children
Reviewed by BAMF
I didn't know anything about this movie until I saw it at the theater I work at. The cast is a pretty interesting mixture and I've liked mos... More
Foxfire
Reviewed by fernando
Great story, a gang of girls with polítical and existential motifs,told as a modern american crime saga, well written; but Cantet was not t... More
The Golden Blade
Reviewed by fernando
It has its moments, specially the weird and sexy musical when Hudson loses the blade. Laurie clowns too much and Evans plays his brute with ... More
Tear This Heart Out
Reviewed by fernando
Cosmovisión feminista latinoamericana, uniformizada con todos los clichés sobre Frida, la revolución que fue machista, el sexy barbudo ar... More
Venus in Fur
Reviewed by fernando
Ok the quid pro quo between vulgar but intelligent actress and snob but correct autor director. Seigner (madame Polanski) is better when act... More
The Guest
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember seeing the preview for this and thinking the premise looked interesting. Then I found out the director is horror genre regular Ad... More
Three Little Pigskins
Reviewed by JxSxPx
A moment of discretion before I begin, I've never been much of a fan of the Three Stooges. Even as a kid I couldn't vibe with their slower p... More
'71
Reviewed by BAMF
I wanted to see this for Jack O'Connell as he has risen up the charts of the film industry. I remember him starting off relatively unknown a... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »