Reviews > Recent reviews

Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's
Reviewed by Avian
It does feel a bit like an infomercial for Bergdorf's, but overall still rather interesting. Not an in depth look per se, more like a "what ... More
Obsessed
Reviewed by Avian
As with most Korean romances, the love and wanting and longing is rather over-the-top intense, which makes for good drama I guess. Very sexy... More
Dior and I
Reviewed by Avian
Amazing because you get to see a rather genuine side of Raf Simons, and a sneak peek behind the scenes of Dior. I would perhaps see this as ... More
The Hundred-Foot Journey
Reviewed by Avian
This has a very lifetime movie feel to it. It is supposed to be a feel-good movie, with the characters developing and returning to their roo... More
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Reviewed by Avian
Not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate how it would be entertaining for many. A touch on the kiddy side, so steer clear if that is not your... More
Spy
Reviewed by Avian
Very very hilarious and entertaining. If you go in with expectations of it being an amazing spy movie with a ton of suspense, you're gonna b... More
Jurassic World
Reviewed by Avian
Whilst very entertaining and visually appealing, the entire storyline was far far far too convenient. Everything happens rather conveniently... More
Ex Machina
Reviewed by Avian
Looks beautiful, excellent mood and poses interesting questions about AI. However, has a slightly weak storyline and a rather unimpactful en... More
Finding Nemo
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, when this movie was released, it was pretty huge. Back then, I went to see the damned thing with my father in the m... More
Last Vegas
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
When I heard about this movie, I was at first pretty excited. I mean, a movie starring Rober De Niro, Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman and Ke... More
Smosh: The Movie
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: These two are major dorks. Their humor is a bit childish, but it works well for them. Some of my favorites of theirs are th... More
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: This should be called Oh Hell Yes! Haha the first one enjoyable. The second was way better especially with all the cameos a... More
Little Girl
Reviewed by mirinbuddy
Beautiful ! lovely,natural ... the little girl is so adorable and the story is heartwarming,charming. it makes me want to buy a camera and... More
Monsters, Inc.
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Like most of the Pixar pictures, I have seen this one in the theater ('Cars' must be the only one that I didn't see when it was released) an... More
Unfaithful
Reviewed by The O.P.
Let's be clear about it: this is a flick for women, but it might please some men too. It's about a housewife (Diane Lane) in her thirties wh... More
Beautiful Thing
Reviewed by itsryry
When one boy has an abusive father and the other boy is bullied at school, both boys fall hard for each other. It's cute sweet and I highly ... More
I Walk the Line
Reviewed by Noirdame
Not to be confused with the 2005 Johnny Cash biopic "Walk The Line", this 1970 film directed by John Frankenheimer tells the story of a midd... More
Chariots of Fire
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie had a solid reputation, I was quite eager to check it out. Eventually, even though it was decent watch, I can’t say I re... More
Traces of Sandalwood
Reviewed by Reno
When two nations and it's two different culture meets. Well, I have been waiting for this movie since not so long. It's sad that it was rele... More
The Eichmann Show
Reviewed by Reno
Behind story of a historical event's TV documentation This BBC film was based on the actual event that took place in the early 60s, Jeru... More
The DUFF
Reviewed by Reno
Yet, another movie about an intelligent high school teen girl who socially unfit among others. After realising her issue, she fights back to... More
Dancing at the Blue Iguana
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: It's time for a little male enjoyment. If I can sit through both Magic Mike films I deserve to watch a few of these. Plus i... More
From Russia with Love
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Many people love ‘From Russia With Love’, they call it one of the best movie sequels of all time, and one of the best James Bond films f... More
Fair Game
Reviewed by The O.P.
I recall I noticed the cover on the shelf of the video store where I used to rent DVDs. Famous names billed. Crawford, the top model, was hu... More
Muriel's Wedding
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick. Still, I remember it quite well when it was released. If I recall it correct... More
Death Bell 2: Bloody Camp
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I enjoyed the first film so I decided to go ahead and watch the second one as well. It seems to follow the same formula. Ho... More
Grave of the Fireflies
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Earlier today, I watched ‘Akira’, and that along with ‘Grave of the Fireflies’ and ‘Spirited Away’, prove that Japan produce the... More
Death Bell
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I felt like watch something different and crazy. What better way to do that than watching an Asian film. They always know h... More
Mr. Holland's Opus
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick so maybe I should give it another shot but, at the time, I really didn’t ca... More
The Electric Horseman
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is a rather obscure flick but since it was directed by Sydney Pollack and starring Robert Redford, I was really eager to check it out. T... More