Reviews > Recent reviews

The Mystery of Picasso
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have seen this flick but I was quite impressed back then. I guess it must have been either my mother or my fathe... More
Nights in Rodanthe
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: Time to watch the final Nicholas Sparks movie I haven't seen that is available. So far it's been a pretty decent series ran... More
An Evening with Lena Horne
Reviewed by JxSxPx
An Evening with Lena Horne would prove to be the final live outing from Lena Horne, not that she retired after this 1994 Supper Club show (r... More
Lena Horne: The Lady and Her Music
Reviewed by JxSxPx
On the Playbill for her one-woman show, Lena Horne looked like a lioness celebrating a major victory. Her mouth open in triumph, her arms ra... More
Reservoir Dogs
Reviewed by carlossimio
The police should be inside the jewellry the day they went, waiting for them................................................................... More
Definitely Maybe
Reviewed by Michael M
Oasis, a name which invokes power and grandeur. Some might say Oasis sucks, they’re a Beatles rip off, they haven’t done anything good s... More
Terminator Genisys
Reviewed by Bml93
Quick Review I never imagined that I would end up liking it as much as I did. I thought it was a blast. An entertaining, well-paced, funn... More
Boogiepop
Reviewed by mrjag89
My most favorite fictional character of all time. At first one can think that Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop's alter ego) is insane, but she (h... More
Slam Dunk
Reviewed by ivanhoe
Slam Dunk is The anime That made start With basketball, but its not a typicall sport anime, its an anime filled with humour, romance, blood ... More
Wild
Reviewed by Reno
Ever since the movie 'Dallas Buyers Club' grabbed the three golden statues at the Oscars, the director has been in the spotlight. But I was ... More
Colette
Reviewed by Reno
The story was told by an escaped Jewish from the Auschwitz concentration camp controlled by the German Nazi during the second world war. Obv... More
To the Wonder
Reviewed by Reno
I usually like Terrence Malick's flicks, but not this one. His story narrations are always aims more on the action (not stunts) than the tal... More
Hours
Reviewed by Reno
As a father, as a husband, he stood for their defence. One of the final movies of a fine actor of our time, Paul Walker. Small budget mov... More
Jewel Robbery
Reviewed by Michael M
*** This review contains spoilers *** I remember people criticizing The Wolf of Wall Street as immoral, I’d love to see their reaction ... More
The Navigators
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been a while since I have watched this flick and it is actually a fairly obscure feature (I was only the 3rd listal member ... More
Dope
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: At first glance I honestly wasn't truly excited about it. I mean it sounded interesting, but it didn't have my full attenti... More
The Wiz
Reviewed by JxSxPx
A musical seems like an absolutely odd choice for a director like Sidney Lumet, a director that was preoccupied with grit and realism. But t... More
Death of a Gunfighter
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I think there’s more good than bad here, and the good is very good, even if what’s bad is highly distracting. Death of a Gunfighter tell... More
Ted 2
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"We'll get a lawyer, and we'll sue the fucking government for your civil rights!" Even the most optimistic movie-goers could not have pre... More
Message in a Bottle
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: After watching the newest release of a Nicholas Sparks adaptation I decided to check out the one that started the trend. It... More
Nelly & Monsieur Arnaud
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This movie is one of the examples of why I still love the French cinema very much. I mean, sure, it is pretty obscure (I was only the 3rd li... More
The Longest Ride
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I'm not going to lie. I'm a guy who enjoys a good romance film. I can be a bit of a sucker when it comes to Nicholas Sparks... More
Nick of Time
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Back in the 90’s, way before he became the king of the box-office, I used to be a huge fan of Johnny Depp and I was eagerly watching all h... More
Gold
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I found another Maisie Williams film to check out. I'm hoping this will be much more entertaining. It's also a comedy which... More
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Reviewed by william.wtsn
An amusing film that runs a little long at 80 minutes. The worst part of the film is the final scenes where the aliens lecture the heroes a... More
Schneider vs. Bax
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
After watching only 2 movies directed by Alex van Warmerdam, I can already say that he has become one of my favorite Dutch directors. Some ... More
Beyond the Reach
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: This is another desert movie I had interest in. It looked crazy and fun at the same time. Then again looks can be deceiving... More
Heatstroke
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: How did I not know this was already out? I have been wanting to see it ever since I saw the trailer. It's been awhile and I... More
Inherent Vice
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Usually, Paul Thomas Anderson is not what you could call a quick director. Indeed, it took him 5 long years after 'Punch-Drunk Love' to come... More
Across the River
Reviewed by spineau
i watch a lot of horror films, and none of them ever scare me - but i have to admit that i deeply regret watching this before bed. bianchini... More