Reviews > Recent reviews

The War of the Roses
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Comedy is probably the genre I’m the most critical about. Indeed, I don’t find most comedies to be really funny as they usually go for t... More
Twilight
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is definitely a severely underrated & misunderstood film. Twilight presents a stylistic tonality, creatively adapted from the book in a... More
Kelly & Cal
Reviewed by BAMF
I saw the trailer for this and was instantly intrigued by how original and interesting it looked. It isn't your typical romance, coming of a... More
The Watch
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick but with a cast including Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill, I still had to watch... More
We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks
Reviewed by OsamaEx
It's very hard to review this because, there's too many parties involved, so let's start with why this doc was bashed by Wikileaks supporter... More
Integral Trees
Reviewed by ran88dom99
Feels extremely hurried after entering jungle. Quinn tufts choice to not explore their environment or develop new tech was their undoing. More
White Oleander
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
There was a time when Alison Lohman was one of the most promising actresses around. And then, back in 2009, she did a small part in the aver... More
Wonder Boys
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Last year, I discovered that Curtis Hanson had retired because of Alzheimers. It sounds rather tragic that his career ended up this way. Han... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Dead and the Gone (The Last Survivors, Book 2)
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
Life as We Knew It was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it. The Dead and the Gone isn’t really a continuation of the first one, it’s set i... More
Fort Bliss
Reviewed by Sarah!
Not a good film, but it was just so boring, but it just is not something I will ever want to watch again though. It just could have been so ... More
The Pact II
Reviewed by Sarah!
The first one actually was pretty good, but that was not brilliant. This is not great and is totally the opposite of the first. There is no ... More
7500
Reviewed by Sarah!
You know when you see a trailer or read about a film and think that it looks good, then it get's pushed back two years, and then you find it... More
The Rover
Reviewed by Sarah!
A really good film, but can't rate it more than what I have given it, because it's something I could only ever watch once, it's a film where... More
The Congress
Reviewed by Sarah!
A good film, but not brilliant. Robin Wright did superb and really felt comfortable in a role like this, this film is certainly really diffe... More
The Possession of Michael King
Reviewed by Sarah!
It's shit basically. No atmosphere. No suspense. No horror. No surprising factors to it, which really does suck, but for me it's getting the... More
Life of Crime
Reviewed by Sarah!
Well a start of a new month, and this is the first film I watch, really I need to choose better films because it bounds not really well for ... More
Leaving Las Vegas
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Easily one of the most boring movies i have ever encountered, it was literally like torture, i wasn't able to look at my computer screen for... More
Her
Reviewed by OsamaEx
It's been a while since i had this movie, and i knew what it's about, so i was waiting for the right time to watch it, or the right mood, be... More
Wayne's World 2
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have since this flick and there is a fair chance that the whole thing just really stinks but when I was a kid, I... More
The Dead 2: India
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember watching the first one because I love zombie films. I remember that it was pretty low budget and not really that good in my opini... More
Crystal Fairy & the Magical Cactus
Reviewed by Stehako
Michael Cera is an asshole and he plays it splendidly. Strange little micro-budget film about the wonders and disappointments of taking hal... More
7500
Reviewed by HollowPrince
No reviews? Let's give it a try. Ignoring the first, unneeded scene (the flash-forward), it starts off fairly well. There's the just married... More
Mallrats
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since it was a little less than 20 years since I last saw this flick, I thought it was finally time for a re-watch. To be honest, the first ... More
Frank
Reviewed by BAMF
I thought this looked rather unique and interesting. The cast alone is enough to make you interested. The plot itself is rather intriguing a... More
Working Girl
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Basically, it is one of these rather cheesy 80’s flicks and even though I thought it was fairly entertaining, I can’t say I really loved... More
Surviving Progress
Reviewed by Stehako
Some intriguing vignettes and more examples of how humans are destroying their planet... but there is still hope More
When a Man Loves a Woman
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick. Indeed, in my opinion, the title sounded terribly lame and, seriously, when was the las... More
The Boondock Saints
Reviewed by OsamaEx
This movie is a great example of good concept done badly, it even crossed the barrier to be a movie with great overall potentials but again ... More
Gremlins 2: The New Batch
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
I find it strange that while Gremlins 2: The New Batch was given a PG-13 certificate by the MPAA, and the first Gremlins was given a PG (and... More
The Gleaners and I
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, the main reason I wanted to watch this flick was because it was on the ‘1001 movies you must see before you die’ list, oth... More