Reviews > Recent reviews

Heaven Is for Real
Reviewed by BAMF
I saw the trailer for this and knew it was something I had to see. The cast is great and it's based on a true story. It is definitely an emo... More
Snowpiercer
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Leave it to a foreign director working with an international cast and adapting a French graphic novel to make the most audacious and intelli... More
Muppet Treasure Island
Reviewed by JxSxPx
It’s nearly impossible to mess up a film with the Muppets, especially one that simply plugs them into an already existing story like in Mu... More
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I know I’m going to get plenty of side-eyes and comments telling me that I’m crazy, but I just don’t see what’s so great about Close... More
Planet of the Apes
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Numerous classic films that have been canonized more for their historical import than their long-lasting merits. One such example of this ph... More
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For about 20 years already, I have been following closely Woody Allen’s career (I think I have seen about 30 of his movies by now) but eve... More
American Dad!
Reviewed by Jason Kral
I hear a lot of mixed reviews about this over the internet. Some have said it's way better than Family Guy, Some say it's sub par to Family ... More
Othello
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I’m a huge fan of Orson Welles, I was definitely eager to check this flick. To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this... More
God's Not Dead
Reviewed by BAMF
I have actually been wanting to see this for some time. I thought it looked like a very interesting premise. I like the interconnecting stor... More
My Left Foot
Reviewed by OsamaEx
A heart warming movie about Christy Brown, a guy born with severe cerebral palsy, a neurological disorder which left him almost entirely spa... More
Prisoners
Reviewed by OsamaEx
One of my favorite movies of 2013, and really an underrated movie that you don't want to miss. The story is full of mystery as two girls in... More
Pan's Labyrinth
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Guillermo del Toro first movie that I've seen, i was planning to watch Pacific rim, but decided to watch his old movies first, and i'm glad ... More
This Is the End
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Out of nowhere, i thought that this movie is going to suck so hard, that it would made me laugh (unintentionally). But i was so wrong, that... More
Midnight Cowboy
Reviewed by OsamaEx
The infamous x-rated best picture really shows how movie evolved over the years, i mean to think that this movie got an x-rating for few ran... More
The Expendables 3
Reviewed by BAMF
I have wanted to see this for awhile now. I love the jokes the characters make that actually pertain to the real life situations like Wesley... More
The Legend of Hercules
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t really interested by this flick but, Nick, my step-son, really wanted to see it so I bought the DVD for his birthday. W... More
The Muse
Reviewed by The O.P.
Yes, it is "an average movie", like johanlefourbe puts it in his review, but in my book "average" translates to 6, not 5. If you don't expe... More
Unbreakable
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is a very uniquely brilliant & personal film made by M. Night Shyamalan. Excellent opening long shot, subtle performances, deep message... More
Oslo, August 31st
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but Roger Ebert really loved it, he even picked it up as one of the best movies rel... More
Noah
Reviewed by fernando
How arrogant can be Hollywood to play so comercially with The Bible. The 'deluge' is quick and expeditive, and Aronofsky wastes too much tim... More
49th Parallel
Reviewed by fernando
The patriotic effort by Powell and Pressburger. They needed a non attacked country, as Canada, to pose dramatically the question of what mak... More
Tight Spot
Reviewed by fernando
In spite of the unbearable dialogues of 'she thinks she knew too much' Ginger; nice suspense, believable twist of Keith. Robinson just stays... More
Outcast of the Islands
Reviewed by fernando
One of the best Reed's. Great exploit of location, you can feel -because the monologues say so and the direction too- the greed of white man... More
The Key
Reviewed by fernando
I like the premise:the woman comes with the apartment and men of short life expectative, have the key. Some philosophical and melodramatic i... More
Beyond the Door
Reviewed by fernando
A little turistic (Marrakesh, you know), a little affected by autodestructive postures; but, for some moments, thanks to Marcello,yoy can fe... More
Maron
Reviewed by burnodo
He can turn depressing and pathetic into some funny bits, but overall the show is depressing and pathetic. More
Merlin
Reviewed by moonelo
Honestly the absolute best show you will ever watch.Colin Morgan and Bradley James did a phenominal job playing their parts as Merlin and Ar... More
Meade Lux Lewis: 1939-1941
Reviewed by markjazz
Tracks 1-3: Duets with Albert Ammons. Track 4-8: Piano solos. Track 9: with the J.C. Higginbotham Quintet. Tracks 10-15: Piano solos. Tracks... More
Red Dawn
Reviewed by Stehako
The opening montage helped this remake start off interesting and acceptably different from the original... and then it went all down hill fr... More
Ocean's Twelve
Reviewed by OsamaEx
The thing about Steven Soderbergh is that he's a shitty overrated director, and you will never expect to be impressed while watching his mov... More