Reviews > Recent reviews

Muppets Most Wanted
Reviewed by Gaby
"Something So Right" is a song from the 2014 film Muppets Most Wanted. It is a ballad sung by Miss Piggy and Celine Dion with The Muppets. More
Five Minutes of Heaven
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie but since I have a weak spot for both Liam Neeson and James Nesbitt, I was quite eager to chec... More
The Mission
Reviewed by Attica! Attica!
Back in 1984, Roland Joffe accomplished the near impossible; his major motion picture debut, The Killing Fields, defied every expectation ty... More
Time of the Gypsies
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In the 90's, Kusturica was one of the most important directors in the world and I was a big fan of his work. Unfortunately, we haven't heard... More
Relasyon
Reviewed by Chilette
“…The notion of the martir resurfaces in Relasyon (1982), a stellar example of a mistress movie with genuine depth. It portrays Marilou ... More
Gambling Lady
Reviewed by fernando
Unsimpatetic and a bit confusing script (you don't know if Barbra is hired by a crime sindicate to be a good or a bad gambling lady, and if ... More
I giorni contati
Reviewed by fernando
I like this Antonioni or Fellini, of poor people The existentialist crisis of a simple labour man -excellent Randone- is episodic, non efect... More
Not Wanted
Reviewed by fernando
Exposé of a big social problem -bachelor ignorant young mothers- with all the naiveté and exploitation feeling (there'a a colour and crude... More
Violent Rome
Reviewed by The O.P.
This is a B-movie set in Rome, my own city, in the Seventies. It is very strange, because in this film the eternal city looks as dangerous a... More
St. Vincent
Reviewed by BAMF
I decided to see this at the theater I worked at since I had already seen the ones I was planning on seeing. I did think the trailer looked ... More
Read My Lips
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
By now, Jacques Audiard has turned out to be one of the most interesting French directors at work nowadays and his recent movies ('De Battre... More
Saw III
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, I have seen this flick. Indeed, for some movies like this one, I seriously don't care about the hype so I don’t feel the rush to ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Dead Of Night (The Tomorrow Series)
Reviewed by Villiana
“What's the Future? It's a blank sheet of paper, and we draw lines on it, but sometimes our hand is held, and the lines we draw aren't the... More
Foxcatcher
Reviewed by BAMF
I saw the trailer for this awhile back. I was so intrigued I read a little about the story that this is based on. I just got out of the thea... More
The Theory of Everything
Reviewed by Exclusive
"Now you are recognized everywhere. How do you deal with all the attention?" "I was stopped recently by a tourist in Cambridge, who asked i... More
Enemy
Reviewed by Exclusive
"The last thing you need is meeting strange men in hotel rooms. You already have enough trouble sticking with one woman, don't you?" I'll... More
A Most Wanted Man
Reviewed by Exclusive
"It's just an ordinary pen. Looks like a pen, writes like a pen, and listens like a pen." This was a very bittersweet experience. While i... More
Boyhood
Reviewed by Exclusive
"Hi, I was wondering if you'd like an Obama sign on your lawn?" "Do I look like I'm voting for Barack *Hussein* Obama? This is private prop... More
Two Days, One Night
Reviewed by catcarlo
Fra qualche decina d’anni, forse i miei nipoti si avvicineranno a film come questo con lo stesso atteggiamento con cui io ho guardato le p... More
Swing Shift
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The interesting thing about Jonathan Demme is how diverse his career has been. Indeed, his biggest critical and financial success must have ... More
The Sunchaser
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The 70’s are usually considered the Golden Age of American cinema and, at the time, the studios were willing to give a lot of money and so... More
What Happens In Vegas
Reviewed by Stehako
...Is usually more than what this movie shows; but I admit it was funnier than I expected without ever truly bringing anything new to the ge... More
The Road
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Cormac McCarthy’s The Road is a devastating look at life after the destruction and collapse of organized civilization, and a moving look a... More
Traffic
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Traffic takes a look at the War on Drugs through a prismatic lens – focusing equally at their source, the public, federal government, and ... More
Easy Rider
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I don’t mean this in a snide or mean-spirited way, in fact this isn’t a criticism at all, but Easy Rider is like an encapsulation of the... More
Chef
Reviewed by SMilkshake
One of my new favourite indies!As always, Jon Favreau does not disappoint and so much of this film is so on point.The characters are believa... More
The New Daughter
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Kevin Costner, I thought I might as well give it a try. E... More
Poltergeist III
Reviewed by Shanell
I love the Poltergeist series but why is Heather O'Rourke still alive? ._. I don't wonder know why but Heather is already dead. We all miss ... More
Tanguy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Étienne Chatiliez is not really famous abroad but he always had a very solid reputation in France. Indeed, his 3 first movies all became ma... More
Rosewater
Reviewed by BAMF
This really intrigued me since it was written and directed by comedic newscaster Jon Stewart. I think he did an excellent job with this stor... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »