Reviews > Recent reviews

Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
Reviewed by Stehako
About an artist who has become more than an artist... As you might expect, this documentary gives a somewhat clearer look into the man behin... More
Krippendorf's Tribe
Reviewed by Stehako
What were you thinking, Mr. Holland?? This is the beginning of the end for Dreyfuss, once thought to be one of the greats. This movie trie... More
If I Stay
Reviewed by JWR
Mia (Chloé Grace-Moretz) is put into a coma after a car crash and has an out-of-body experience, she must make a difficult decision. The Pr... More
Hiroshige: One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
Reviewed by Kenji
This wonderful book contains 118 (not 100) very large and simply magnificent full-page colour reproductions of Hiroshige's series of woodblo... More
Art of Amalia
Reviewed by Kenji
This collection, spanning 1952-1970, has the best of the legendary Amalia Rodrigues and her Portuguese fado songs of love, longing, sadness ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Love is the Cure: On Life, Loss and the End of AID...
Reviewed by Kenji
I'm an Elton fan but wasn't sure whether to buy his first book. It's not an autobiography, but a book about AIDS; its impact on Elton (and f... More
Heavens Trash
Reviewed by markjazz
I found this item at a used music store for $9.99. I had heard about how bad the sound quality was but I had to pick it up because I've neve... More
On the Road
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is rather surprising that it took them so long to finally adapt this seminal US classic and when I heard that Walter Salles was directing... More
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Reviewed by BAMF
X-Men has a long history for my family. I am named after Wolverine (my name being Logan and all). I loved Bryan Singer's X-Men movies. Last ... More
Empress Ki
Reviewed by Tfq99
Empress ki is a south korean historical television series starring Ha jiwon as the titular empress ki,who was born in Goryeo but later marri... More
Worrisome Heart
Reviewed by Kenji
What a peach of an album! Smooth sultry bluesy jazz with a delicate beautiful soul. Even as you unwind of an evening, pay close attention an... More
Jagged Edge
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
As you may have noticed, I’m not exactly a huge fan of thrillers in general. Sure, some of them are quite entertaining but I’m always am... More
Texas Killing Fields
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but the title sounded really cool and there was a really nice cast so I thought I might as we... More
Carbon Nation
Reviewed by Stehako
Another depressing documentary on why we are destroying the earth that tries to also give us hope. Overall, enjoyable but not a game change... More
Hit and Run
Reviewed by Stehako
This movie is about the most dangerous trip to a job interview. Not entirely funny but plenty of entertaining characters. More
American Beauty
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'American Beauty' is indeed an American beauty! What can I say? I doubt 'Fight Club' will be as good in my opinion and I can say that this i... More
The Giver
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
Frustration, thy name is The Giver. Based off of Lois Lowry's book of the same name - which I should add that I have read several times - T... More
His Girl Friday
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since it is such a classic, I thought I should check it out. To be honest, I always had a... More
La Bête Humaine
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but Jean Renoir is regarded as one of the best French directors that ever lived so I was quit... More
A Little Bit of Heaven
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick but since I have always had a weak spot for Gael Garcia Bernal, I though I might as well... More
9 Songs
Reviewed by Stehako
About 8 Songs too much. The sex scenes were too much for what I got out of it with story and the concert footage was boring because the mus... More
The Longest Yard
Reviewed by Stehako
The longest time I've sat unhappy with a Sandler film. A completely lazy effort for a remake of a film that wasn't all that great in the fi... More
Super Mario Land
Reviewed by mazardeus
A short game filled with a brilliantly bizarre atmosphere. The gameplay is very simple and addicting to the point of providing amazing repla... More
Fate of the World
Reviewed by ran88dom99
Match solution card to problem news. Repeat 25 times. Its relationship graph made me want to play Democracy 3. More
Foodfight!
Reviewed by JWR
Almost everyone on The internet has reviewed or pointed out how bad this movie is, but honestly none of the reviews do it justice. No matte... More
Ballet Adagio
Reviewed by Kenji
A rapturous, graceful and tender short Canadian ballet film, in slow-motion, to Albinoni's beautiful Adagio More
Unbreakable
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
After The Sixth Sense scored big with critics and garnered 6 Oscar nominations, director M. Night Shyamalan made a movie with various simila... More
Transformers
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Transformers' features great effects and action scenes and some good acting, but I didn't think it was a very good idea to focus more on th... More
Sewer
Reviewed by Kenji
Imburnal achieves the rare feat of being a lyrical, contemplative and audacious 21st century masterpiece. More
Le cochon
Reviewed by Kenji
As many people are now cut off from the reality of where meat comes from, this film may have value if it deters some from eating meat. But i... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »