Reviews > Recent reviews

Never Back Down: No Surrender
Reviewed by BAMF
I didn't even know they were making a third one of these. The way these are going though reminds me of the Undisputed series. The first one ... More
Vikings
Reviewed by MarkusT90
IF I HAD A HEART Michael Hirst became my favorite TV show creator and writer after seeing his previous series, The Tudors (2007-2010). It al... More
Entrapment
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
On paper, this movie should have been a massive guilty pleasure for me. Indeed, I always had a weak spot for the heist genre and to have the... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a ...
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I always had a weak spot for Hugh Grant, I was quite eager to check this movie. Basically, ever since the massive success of ‘Four W... More
Oldboy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The lack of of originality in the  American cinema nowadays is just really sad and, instead of coming up with something new,  they keep gi... More
Hardcore Henry
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this. I like the creativity of the whole thing. Besides I get a kick out of found footage. So when I saw they wer... More
Chocolat
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have noticed that several Filmclub members turned out to be slightly disappointing by this movie but, to be honest, I didn't have such exp... More
The Do Over
Reviewed by BAMF
So I watched the trailer for this and thought it looked decent. I still enjoy Adam Sandler even if some of his recent choices have been kind... More
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Reviewed by BAMF
I was really skeptical about watching this. I despised the first one. I usually like Tim Burton films, but whenever he takes on kids stories... More
Ishtar
Reviewed by Leo
I've only heard bad things about this film over the years so I decided to see if it lives up to the low expectations. Needless to say, it is... More
Wadjda
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I had seriously no idea what to expect from this movie and the main reason why I wanted to watch it was because it was included in the '1001... More
The Fallen Idol
Reviewed by thehollywoodki
If you have seen Sir Carol Reed's The Third Man, then you know the high standards he applies to his art. He was a brilliant director, who le... More
No Orchids for Miss Blandish
Reviewed by thehollywoodki
While No Orchids for Miss Blandish has noir elements, it is really far too light weight to qualify as a true film noir. It is too cute. The ... More
Almost Famous
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Totally overrated. Then again maybe it's just because the subject matter of seventies rock stars is about as appealing to me as syphilis. Th... More
Hackers
Reviewed by yatteringjack
I remember Jolie's lips being pretty startling at the time I watched Hackers when I was a teenage boy. But I also remember finding it to be ... More
Trainspotting
Reviewed by yatteringjack
I was a teenager when Trainspotting first came out and I remember it as somewhat of a cultural phenomenon here in Britain. Rarely could you ... More
The Incredible Hulk
Reviewed by yatteringjack
I'm probably the only person in existence who actually preferred Ang Lee's 2003 film. No I'm not suggesting that film was great or anything ... More
Apt Pupil
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Of the adaptations of Stephen King's Different Seasons (his best work in my opinion) Apt Pupil is the least known (the other two being Shaws... More
Tyrannosaur
Reviewed by yatteringjack
British films have the tendency to lean towards the dour and depressing and Tyrannosaur is no different, reflecting working class life as no... More
September 11
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In fact, I saw this movie in the movie theater when it was released. To be honest, I wonder how I actually ended up watching the damned thin... More
Spotlight
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To conclude, this movie was not really on my radar for a long time but since it won the Best Picture Academy Award, I was quite eager to che... More
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though this movie was a commercial and critical flop, since I really loved ‘Ted’,  I still wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, ... More
Homefront: The Revolution
Reviewed by Loyal-T
There’s always a sacrifice. Gaming journalism, or perhaps just journalism in general, is a strange beast. When titles are awarded unanimou... More
Rumbling Hearts
Reviewed by Johnny Love
1st Anime I ever saw, I was really impressed by the quality and feelings . A good Intro to Japanese style of storytelling More
The Brothers Grimsby
Reviewed by BAMF
I watched the trailer for this and seeing Sacha Baron Cohen lets you know that this is going to be a rather gross comedy. The guy doesn't se... More
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Proof as if any is needed that Star Wars is the most unbelievably overrated film franchise in the history of cinema. Even the fanboys couldn... More
Inception
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Possibly the most overrated film Iv'e ever seen. It's nice that it captured so many peoples imagination and all but in all honestly I though... More
Finding Nemo
Reviewed by yatteringjack
I think a person to truly fear and detest would be those who don't apprentice the beauty and wonder of Pixar films, don't you? I mean talk a... More
The Last Samurai
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Stark raving bonkers Scientologist menopausal housewife's favourite sex dwarf Tom Cruise as a Samurai? Bizarrely not a god awful as it sound... More
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Reviewed by yatteringjack
Thank goodness they made Crystal Skull! Now that means Temple Of Doom is no longer the whipping boy of the Indiana Jones franchise. I always... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »