Reviews > Recent reviews

Mother's Day
Reviewed by BAMF
I typically get a sort of kick out of these ensemble cast and holiday basedkind of films. So I figured I would go ahead and give this one a ... More
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Reviewed by CheoFuenmayor
It isn't the best game of Uncharted, but it's the one that tells the best story and an excelent game in spite of hype generated by it. More
Oceans
Reviewed by maxswifts
If someone were to ask you, What is the ocean, exactly? You could marshal statistics and Latin names to try to explain it, but really it isn... More
Monsterland
Reviewed by BAMF
So I'm seeing mixed feelings about this one. That's understandable given that it's an anthology though. I figured I would give it a shot sin... More
Le Film de les Nuls
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well when this movie was released in France. Indeed, it became a massive cult-classic and I can’t say how many people I... More
Autumn Tale
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, the very first movie directed by Éric Rohmer that I had the pleasure to see was ‘Conte d’été’. Indeed, I m... More
San Andreas
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This movie was not really a priority for me but since it was soon to be removed from HBO, I thought I might as well check it out. Well, even... More
Bell, Book and Candle
Reviewed by JxSxPx
In the right role, Kim Novak’s detached glamour and chilly braininess could be used to great effect. In 1958, two of the best films to uti... More
He Ran All the Way
Reviewed by fernando
The romantic touch has aged, but the exposition when Garfield runs (the best actor to be haunted by the police ant the bad luck) and finds ... More
Body and Soul
Reviewed by fernando
More soul than body when Palmer loves Garfield. Body and soul in superb dosis when Garfield attacks and reacts. I love this. More
Force of Evil
Reviewed by fernando
Absolutely pioneer in its attitude ans theme, as harsh as lyric, Garfield so moirish that becomes white heat. Dialogues to write an essay on... More
The Breaking Point
Reviewed by fernando
Good late noir. A lot less sophisticated than "To have and have not" but it has the Hemingway sea touch. Garfield is always convincing, as a... More
Odds Against Tomorrow
Reviewed by fernando
Wise at his most happily pretentious. Jazz is perfect for the atmosphere (Belafonte performs a nice calypso-blues). Good timing, tension, th... More
Yellowbird
Reviewed by fernando
Very good story, the reverse migration, but poor edition and long flawless exposition with litle Gus in an small world you won't see again. ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Bad Man's River (aka Hunt the Man Down)
Reviewed by fernando
Eurowestern with a nice script (!Phillip Yordan¡) and a lousy spanish director trying to be comercially obedient and wise. Lollo seems to d... More
Cake
Reviewed by maxswifts
"That's fucked-up.""Like you."If you invest yourself in this movie, you will be driven a little crazy by it, and at some point you'll probab... More
Turned
Reviewed by DebbieDPhilly
At the outset, 'Turned' seems to have been conceived as sort of a return to form for the vampire film after the 'Twilight' series with it's ... More
The Invitation
Reviewed by BAMF
There isn't really much on Netflix that has caught my eye at this point of the night (Midnight). I just decided to go ahead and go with this... More
Something to Talk About
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following the amazing ‘What's Eating Gilbert Grape’, still one of my favorite movies after all these years, Lasse Hallström came up wit... More
Krampus
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"His name is Krampus. He and his helpers did not come to give, but to take. He is the shadow of Saint Nicholas."Filmmaker Michael Dougherty ... More
Rebirth
Reviewed by BAMF
So along with "Stranger Things" Netflix has uploaded this. I never knew anything about it until I saw it there. I love the cast and the prem... More
Jeanne Eagels
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Has any sequence better symbolized the treatment of Kim Novak than the opening of Jeanne Eagels? A wide-eyed beauty with dreams of performin... More
Southbound
Reviewed by BAMF
I been meaning to check this out for awhile. I love anthology films. Roxanne Benjamin who directs and writes here was also connected with th... More
Picnic
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Even in 1955, I find it hard to believe that this was wild, transgressive, erotically charged cinema. Not in a decade that gave us Nicholas ... More
School of Rock
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though Richard Linklater has directed 2 of the best movies released recently (‘Boyhood’ and ‘Before Midnight’), somehow, this d... More
Liever verliefd
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Apparently, this is one of the most obscure movies I have seen since I’m still the only one who has rated the damned thing on this website... More
The Act of Killing
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest,  I didn’t really know what this movie was about before watching the damned thing and the main reason I wanted to check it o... More
Ava's Possessions
Reviewed by Ben
This has been unexpectedly better with a story far deeper than I thought it would have. Well done, more than just a fun horror movie. More
The Raid: Redemption
Reviewed by brutalmerc
The Raid: Redemption: a film so hard hitting, so full of testosterone, that really make you feel manly while watching it The Raid: Redempti... More
Liza, the Fox-Fairy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Once again, after 'Borgman' and 'The Lobster', Ria went for another really absurd black comedy but I think, this time,  she really outdid h... More