Reviews > Recent reviews

300: Rise of an Empire
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since '300' was quite a success at the box-office, it was only a matter of time before they came up with a sequel. Eventually, it took them... More
Ex Machina
Reviewed by hurt.raven114
Strong plot .Awesome acting . Alicia Vikander is just beautiful in her role . Sci-Fi , A.I. it is a powerhouse packed with super executio... More
Obsession
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. Even though Brian De Palma... More
Night and the City
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Maybe you have noticed it but I’m extremely obsessive about my movie watching and one of my very first obsessions was to watch all the mov... More
Ordinary People
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should probably re-watch it at some point. Honestly, I always found it rather diffic... More
Pay It Forward
Reviewed by Reno
After watching this film I just remembered the quote from 'Sullivan's Travels' which says 'film's the greatest educational medium the world ... More
Breathe
Reviewed by Reno
Very close to being a French version of the 2003 movie 'Thirteen'. About two 17-year-old girls, Charlie, a privacy girl with the asthma and ... More
Trade of Innocents
Reviewed by Reno
I really want to like this movie and rate higher as an honest living person for its contents alone, but as a movie freak it was easy to say ... More
Kappal
Reviewed by Reno
Not bad, a decent flick for a debutant director. Like most of the positive reviews say, the movie delivered what was promised, a complete fu... More
Salinger
Reviewed by Stehako
This documentary on the reclusive author makes it clear an hour would have been enough to cover this author. Perhaps if I were a huge fan ... More
Easy to Love
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Between 1952 and 1953, Esther Williams released three of her best films, Million Dollar Mermaid, Dangerous When Wet, and Easy to Love, which... More
Dangerous When Wet
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Terms like “pleasant” and “slight” come up a lot when discussing the work of Esther Williams, but they’re the best words to descri... More
Million Dollar Mermaid
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Dropping the comedy in favor of drama, Million Dollar Mermaid might be the perfect fusion of elements to best explain Esther Williams’ sta... More
Peggy Sue Got Married
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Francis Ford Coppola completely ruled the 70's but it was as much a blessing as it was a curse. I mean, basically, for each movie he made af... More
Lake Placid: The Final Chapter
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I have been stalling on this one because my appetite for Lake Placid was destroyed with the previous two installments. I gu... More
Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have this flick. Anyway, somehow, the small Art house movie theater nearby was showing this movie ... More
The Grudge 3
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I watched the previous two and the original Ju-On: The Grudge film. I thought they were a bit average though. I'm just comp... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Fox in Socks (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
Reviewed by clayton jungle
The book in some ways bears a resemblance to Green Eggs and Ham, another book by Dr. Seuss. Both stories contain two main characters: one wh... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Fox in Socks (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
Reviewed by clayton jungle
Fox in Socks is a children's book by Dr. Seuss, first published in 1965. It features two main characters, Fox and Knox, who speak almost ent... More
Duchess of Idaho
Reviewed by JxSxPx
The worst Esther Williams films make the mistake of keeping her out of the water for far too long, and Duchess of Idaho makes that major mis... More
Neptune's Daughter
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Here we go, here is a fast-paced vehicle for Esther Williams that keeps her in the water, gives her plenty to do within her modest range, an... More
Easy to Wed
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Typical vehicles for Esther Williams had the swimming sensation standing around and smiling, waiting for her chance to take another dip in t... More
The Interview
Reviewed by fernando
All the scandal coud've been avoided just by changing references to North Corea for an imaginary crazy republic. An 'all is laughable' film ... More
Last Knights
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I have been holding off on this one for a little bit. I haven't heard very good things about it. Most of what I hear though... More
We Are Still Here
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I wasn't aware of this movie until very recently. After seeing Andrew Sensenig a lot in the Powers Playstation series and m... More
The Amityville Playhouse
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: Finally I have reached the end of the crappy sequels. I am hoping that Awakening will be good given the talent associated w... More
With Love... from the Age of Reason
Reviewed by DrStrangeblog
Delightful, uplifting flight of fancy creatively told about dreams, identity, and being true to yourself. An aggressive, assured business b... More
Female Agents
Reviewed by DrStrangeblog
Or, The Dowdy Half-Dozen? Female Agents shines some light on a rather unknown slice of World War Two history in which women were recruited a... More
LOL
Reviewed by DrStrangeblog
Three trimesters in the lives of a handful of bratty highschoolers and their efforts to have fun despite their constantly interfering parent... More
Trivial
Reviewed by DrStrangeblog
I'm a little torn about the rating, I was ready to give 3.5 based on the in-the-moment experience, but some facets don't add up for me after... More