Reviews > Recent reviews

Held Up
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but I since I have a weak spot for Jamie Foxx, I thought I might as well give it a try. I ... More
The Contender
Reviewed by keiju
half way through the movie stars jerking off faster and faster until it unloads over you without any shame. Pity because the first half was... More
Deliver Us from Evil
Reviewed by BAMF
I thought this looked pretty interesting and a unique new idea of the typical possession. Scott Derrickson is no stranger to horror movies l... More
Murder on the Orient Express
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Sidney Lumet has recently passed away and during his very long career, he has directed a few classics (12 angry men, Dod day afternoon, Serp... More
Tucker: The Man and His Dream
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Francis Ford Coppola completely ruled the 70's. He made 4 movies, 'Apocalypse Now', 'The Godfather: Part II', 'The Conversation', 'The Godfa... More
See No Evil 2
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this for awhile as I enjoyed the first one. The Soska sisters didn't really impress me too much with their ABCs o... More
Vampires
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I already saw this flick and I really didn't like it all but I thought I was maybe a little too harsh so I decided to give it a second chanc... More
7500
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this for awhile now, but I've hesitated because I'm not sure if I have the whole movie. Some sources say it's abo... More
Veronica Guerin
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since I have always been a fan of Cate Blanchett, I was really eager to check it out. Hon... More
New Police Story
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this but many movies starring Jackie Chan are broadcasted on the Dutch channels and my step-son Nick ... More
Twin Sisters
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I have been living in the Netherlands, I have been watching many Dutch movies but, to be honest, the Dutch film industry is actually r... More
21 & Over
Reviewed by Stehako
Collegiate antics abound in this silly movie attempting to save Jeff Chang. Unfortunately nothing new was brought to the genre and the char... More
The Devil Wears Prada
Reviewed by SMilkshake
I was expecting so much more from this film.Instead I got a ton of slichés along with a tremendous amount of predictability.Thankfully acti... More
The Big Bang Theory
Reviewed by SMilkshake
I was so excited about this show!A bunch of nerdy, super smart guys sharing a dorm and intertwining their degree knowledges comedically into... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium ...
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This one picks up right where the second book, The Girl Who Played with Fire, left off, with Lisbeth Salander rushed to... More
Assassin's Creed III
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS Each of the Assassin's Creed games follows one of Desmond's ancestors in a different time period: first it was the Thir... More
Training Day
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This review will contain basic spoilers. Sorry, but it's required to fully explain my impressions. As the title implie... More
Dumb & Dumber
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I surprisingly really liked this movie. I went in expecting nothing dignified – I knew full well it was going to be s... More
Big Trouble in Little China
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I decided to watch the movie itself before Spoony's review of the Commodore 64 game, and he's praised it so often he go... More
Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This happens to be my 100th review on this site, and what an appropriate choice for such a milestone! :D I've been a... More
Labor Day
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I have to admit, I'm having trouble explaining my thoughts on this one, because… I really don't know what to make of ... More
Divergent
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I'm not just saying this because it's cool to pick on young adult fiction, but… yeah, you guessed it. I didn't like t... More
Reasonable Doubt
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS When an attorney (played by Dominic Cooper) commits a fatal hit-and-run, he becomes determined to manipulate the case t... More
The Legend of Hercules
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS To put it simply… this was bad! Really, really, really bad! It's a retelling of the story of Hercules that imagines ... More
Before I Go to Sleep
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This is basically 50 First Dates in the form of a thriller. :D It's the same psychological condition: she has amnesia t... More
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS Well, it was a long wait for this one! I never read any of the comics, but I love the first Sin City movie: its spectac... More
Sex Tape
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS Married couple Jay and Annie try to reignite their sex life by making… well, the eponymous sex tape – but Jay accid... More
If I Stay
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS Mia Hall is left comatose after a car accident; caught between life and death, she has to decide whether to die or wake... More
Lucy
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This was HORRIBLE! Right from when I first heard the premise, I couldn't help but laugh at how downright stupid it sou... More
The Boxtrolls
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS It's funny how they're marketing this as "from the makers of ParaNorman" even though it doesn't share any of the same c... More