Reviews > Recent reviews

The Theory of Everything
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Dear god, was this year’s Oscar theme the year of incredibly dull films about white dudes? Granted, The Theory of Everything is one of the... More
Cub
Reviewed by Reno
Legends are created to inspire, scare, obey and for entertainment. Sometimes for some people, it's a great opportunity to utilise the concep... More
Honeymoon
Reviewed by Reno
A low budget horror movie from a newcomer director. In that perspective, it was a decent movie, because within the limits everything was don... More
Princess Mononoke
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been quite a while since I have seen this flick and I will definitely re-watch it at some point. I remember it very wel... More
Colorful Christmas Wish Poster Template
Reviewed by Shyla Josuf
A colorful Christmas wish poster for everyone on the happiest occasion. Surprise your loved one with this beautifully design Christmas poste... More
Metro 2033 Redux
Reviewed by c0ffeemonsta
Amazing game quite creepy at times, running out of bullets god help us all!! [Completed on ranger] More
Pretty Woman
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and maybe I should check it out again at some point. I have notived that this mov... More
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Reviewed by Ana
It would be much better movie if there was no flying and jumping around. I really loved the action scenes. More
The Boy Next Door
Reviewed by Błυe Nøтe
If Jennifer Lopez lived next door to me, I would stalk her. I would. Or I would at least play the peeping tom role and try desperately to sn... More
Two Days, One Night
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Ever since rightfully winning the Best Actress Oscar over front-runner Julie Christie in 2008, Marion Cotillard has continually delivered a ... More
Gone Girl
Reviewed by JxSxPx
While pithy, the description of Gone Girl as the best Lifetime movie ever made is not without its merits. This to indulges in the worst, shr... More
Still Alice
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Sometimes a bit too tasteful and generic, but when Still Alice narrows its focus down to how this exact family and woman in particular deal ... More
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I do believe that The Day the Earth Stood Still deserves some credit for crafting a science-fiction story that prefers to move along at a sl... More
The Thief of Bagdad
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Douglas Fairbanks, one of the great founding fathers of cinema, introduced numerous characters to the silver screen – Robin Hood, Zorro, t... More
A Day at the Races
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Groucho Marx considered A Night at the Opera and A Day at the Races to be the best films that the Marx Brothers ever made. I’ll grant that... More
Predator
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This is yet another milestone of 80's action movie mayhem and when I was a kid, I really loved this flick. Indeed, when I was about 12 years... More
The Haunting
Reviewed by Butterfly
I watched some of the clips from it but it looks like the ghosts of dead children are in the face carvings, sheets and curtains. What the he... More
Far Cry
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I have been avoiding this one for quite some time mostly because of Uwe Boll. I have been playing Far Cry 4 for the past we... More
Gambit
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Before this movie was released, there was actually a pretty good buzz about it, mostly because it was written by the Coen brothers. Eventual... More
The Book of Dave
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a complex and gripping book about family, madness, love and religion, with a new vocabulary to get used to from the beginning. At f... More
The Stranger
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book set in 1940s Algeria. Mersault's isolation and indifference to others and his own fate was creepy and thought-provoking. More
The Dog Stars
Reviewed by krin5292
I loved this story about starting again in a new world. There's joy and heartbreak, excitement and serenity. I liked Hig's interactions with... More
Nine Tomorrows
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this early collection of Asimov stories. I especially liked the stories about the supercomputer Multivac and the story "The Ugly L... More
The Margarets
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book about identities and working with others to make a difference. While at times the plot was confusing to me, at the end, it... More
Late Nights on Air
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about people at a radio station in the Canadian North. I especially liked the interactions between the characters and th... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Avoiding Prison and Other Noble Vacation Goals: Ad...
Reviewed by krin5292
An amusing and sometimes poignant book about finding "home" in places near and far. I liked Dale's honesty as she recounted her adventures i... More
Ice-Man
Reviewed by krin5292
This is a very intense thriller that kept my interest throughout. As the main character, Holly Alexander, becomes increasingly isolated from... More
The Looking Glass Wars
Reviewed by krin5292
This book was a good take on the Alice in Wonderland story. I liked how Alyss and Hatter have to navigate in this world and how they and the... More
Saint Maybe
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about family relationships, both good and bad. I especially liked the interactions between Caleb and Daphne. More
Rebecca
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a gripping book about identity as the nameless new wife tries to make sense of her place at Manderley, believing that she could nev... More