Reviews > Recent reviews

Gambit
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Before this movie was released, there was actually a pretty good buzz about it, mostly because it was written by the Coen brothers. Eventual... More
The Book of Dave
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a complex and gripping book about family, madness, love and religion, with a new vocabulary to get used to from the beginning. At f... More
The Stranger
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book set in 1940s Algeria. Mersault's isolation and indifference to others and his own fate was creepy and thought-provoking. More
The Dog Stars
Reviewed by krin5292
I loved this story about starting again in a new world. There's joy and heartbreak, excitement and serenity. I liked Hig's interactions with... More
Nine Tomorrows
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this early collection of Asimov stories. I especially liked the stories about the supercomputer Multivac and the story "The Ugly L... More
The Margarets
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book about identities and working with others to make a difference. While at times the plot was confusing to me, at the end, it... More
Late Nights on Air
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about people at a radio station in the Canadian North. I especially liked the interactions between the characters and th... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Avoiding Prison and Other Noble Vacation Goals: Ad...
Reviewed by krin5292
An amusing and sometimes poignant book about finding "home" in places near and far. I liked Dale's honesty as she recounted her adventures i... More
Ice-Man
Reviewed by krin5292
This is a very intense thriller that kept my interest throughout. As the main character, Holly Alexander, becomes increasingly isolated from... More
The Looking Glass Wars
Reviewed by krin5292
This book was a good take on the Alice in Wonderland story. I liked how Alyss and Hatter have to navigate in this world and how they and the... More
Saint Maybe
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about family relationships, both good and bad. I especially liked the interactions between Caleb and Daphne. More
Rebecca
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a gripping book about identity as the nameless new wife tries to make sense of her place at Manderley, believing that she could nev... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Ma...
Reviewed by krin5292
This is a fascinating book about the elements placed in the context of their discovery and their impact on everything. I liked how Kean grou... More
A Game of Spies
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a good thriller set during World War II. I liked learning along with the characters whom to trust and whom to definitely avoid. More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Evere...
Reviewed by krin5292
This is a bittersweet true adventure tale of the 1996 tragedy on Mount Everest that claimed the lives of twelve climbers. Krakauer recounts ... More
Door To Ambermere
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this meeting of two worlds fantasy. I especially liked the way Daniel figured out how to navigate in Ambermere and how he met his ... More
Mount Dragon
Reviewed by krin5292
This is a good thriller with lots of twists. I liked the mix of desert survival challenges with virtual and physical computer hacking. More
Ghostwalk
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this mix of history and fiction. I especially liked how Lydia figures out how the past is influencing the present. More
Fastnet Force 10
Reviewed by krin5292
This is an exciting book about storms and the people who battle them. I especially liked learning about the life boats and helicopters and t... More
Perfect Circle
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about hauntings both seen and unseen. I especially liked the characters' interactions, notably between Will and his daug... More
Milk Treading
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this mystery set in a world of cats and dogs. I liked how Julian used his "cat smarts" to solve the mystery and how the characters... More
The Inbetweeners 2
Reviewed by iFatimah
if I can give this movie a rating in MINUS I will not hesitate! I am sorry but this is my honest opinion. More
Dragon Blade
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I honestly don't know anything about this movie other than the very simplistic sounding plot. Also it has Jackie Chan so I'... More
Ex Machina
Reviewed by Eid mar
So far this is movie of the year, nothing else comes close. This is obviously only my opinion and based purely on what i have seen to date a... More
'Til There Was You
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it is quite an obscure feature (not even 10 listal users have rated it so far) but since there were a couple of interesting actor... More
Claire Brewster
Reviewed by Butterfly
What a jerk. She is way FREAKING worse than TTG!Robin (the "kiddie" counterpart of a superhero from the 2003 TV series). She is mean towards... More
Albatross
Reviewed by Stehako
[img id=5885128 width=500full] Felicity Jones and Jessica Brown-Findlay are a lovely duo who don't quite the hit the highs and lows neces... More
The Sound of Music
Reviewed by iFatimah
People tends to overrate when it comes to old movies for many reasons, But this film is good, authentic, joyful, classic and marvelous. We r... More
Edge of Tomorrow
Reviewed by dannyjai
Edge of Tomorrow for me a surprisingly excellent film, a sci fi groundhog day. Unlike the comedy one, you pick up where Cage left off from t... More
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Like everyone else, of course, I wanted to check this massive blockbuster. Eventually, to be honest, even though it was indeed pretty goo... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »