Reviews > Recent reviews

ABCs of Death 2.5
Reviewed by BAMF
I hated the first ABCs film. Most of the segments were just dreadful to sit through. Then part 2 came out and I was pleasantly surprised. No... More
Happy-Go-Lucky
Reviewed by vulpeszerda
Hawkins' character, Poppy, was really difficult to cope with. She was not "bringing the laugh and optimism", she was actually being psychoti... More
The Legend of Tarzan
Reviewed by BAMF
I have heard good things about this one from work so I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. The cast is pretty great so why not. It's dir... More
Cyrano de Bergerac
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I saw this movie and maybe I should re-watch it at some point. In France, it is a massive classic an... More
Bridge of Spies
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following the impressive ‘Lincoln’ and since this movie was really well received, I was really eager to check this new directing effort ... More
Clerks
Reviewed by mazardeus
Brilliant original comedy. I have never seen such a powerful message set in a genre like this. Well done, Kevin Smith! Great message. More
Black Swan
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is an incredible film from Darren Aronofsky. Natalie Portman's character is a very interesting study. Beautiful. More
Café Society
Reviewed by maxswifts
If you don't want spoilers, you've probably read too much already.It's a very well-thought out movie, about arguably a quietly painful exper... More
Demolition
Reviewed by fernando
Vallée is too elusive and syncopated and indulges in gratuitous selfdestruction (can't get why the gay son has to be so suicidal) causes by... More
Boy and the World
Reviewed by fernando
Nice animation, confusing simbolic story. Abstraction, chaotic reiteration of the elusive father figure, makes the film get lost. More
City of Joy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I saw this movie but, for some reasons, I’m pretty sure I actually ended up watching it in the mov... More
Cookie's Fortune
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I saw this flick but, if I recall it correctly, I actually saw it in the movie theater when it was r... More
Ex Machina
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is a brilliant modern sci-fi film. One of the best I have seen with a strong message, and this independent production takes things furt... More
Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens
Reviewed by BAMF
So this is one of those guilty pleasures that is actually so bad it's good. It helps that they constantly have all these celebrities who sho... More
The Last Metro
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have to admit it, it has been a while since I saw this movie and I should probably re-watch it at some point. Since this movie is a huge c... More
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this movie but since it belongs to the Disney classics, I thought I might as well check it out. F... More
La Cérémonie
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I always wondered if Claude Chabrol was really famous abroad but he was definitely a major director in France. Indeed, the guy really had an... More
The Claim
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
If I recall it correctly, I actually saw this movie in the movie theater back then when I was living in England. The big problem with Michae... More
With Friends Like These
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This year, I saw ‘Belgica’ and since I thought it was pretty good, I was quite eager to see the other movies directed by Felix van Groen... More
Teaching Mrs. Tingle
Reviewed by Michael Cappy
Awesome. Must Watch It...................................................................................................... More
Song of the Sea
Reviewed by fernando
Pretty animation. Moore has a style ahead of the story. Landscape superior to human animation, sea superior to earth. More
Vinicius
Reviewed by fernando
The cast of interviews is superb; but the fiction of two narrators inside the documentary, delivering Vinicius poetry instead of his music, ... More
The Savage Innocents
Reviewed by fernando
Queen is the archetypical bon sauvage. Photography and sense of landscape is way ahead the depicting of the people. But the text is audaciou... More
Ricki and the Flash
Reviewed by fernando
Demme is happy with this as corny as powerfull stuff. Springfield really acts and Meryl really performs in the band. More
The Millionairess
Reviewed by fernando
The worst Asquith. Loren is more than ok but Sellers is depressed (you can't believe Loren is after him), De Sica is stereotipical. More
In Secret
Reviewed by fernando
Great story, well understood, well narrated in a eliptical way. If it weren't so 'froid' and 'academic' in its direction (in spite of a good... More
Lights
Reviewed by maxswifts
Awhile ago I wrote a review of Rachel Platten's "Wildfire". No album is perfect, but that album is ideal for reviewing purposes; if I had on... More
Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoFive
Reviewed by DavisChan
I can say that GoGo V is the first Sentai series I watched full by Eng-sub (because I’m Vietnamese). May be its plot isn’t as good as PR... More
The Secret Life of Pets
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Some time ago, it must have been last year summer, my wife told me that she saw this hilarious trailer about an animated feature dealing wit... More
Hotel Transylvania 2
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, yesterday, I was actually planning to finally watch 'Whiplash' since it was soon to be removed from HBO but my daughter appare... More