Reviews > Recent reviews

Starry Eyes
Reviewed by Sarah!
Just fucking bizarre, I mean fucking bizarre. Certainly could have perked up a bit in the non bizarre parts, but most of it was bizarre, but... More
Grand Piano
Reviewed by Sarah!
Certainly very suspenseful indeed and that's what I wanted. I got what I wanted from this movie and it was something rather spectacular, yea... More
Joe
Reviewed by Sarah!
This movie goes to show that you don't need a fancy film title for it to be so special, I thought that this was probably one of the best fil... More
Reviewed by Sarah!
Pretty all over the place again, it's not a surprise to say that 2015 is starting of well, but not well for me. It always happens because th... More
Laggies
Reviewed by Sarah!
A film you can either get into or you just end up not giving a fucking about it, I was the latter I just didn't get this at all, the cast we... More
Whiplash
Reviewed by Sarah!
Has so much enthusiasm and drama that it was gripping during the second act, I thought the first half was a little slow and it perked up and... More
Time Lapse
Reviewed by Sarah!
Kind of very average and just could not get interested in the film, it's unfortunate because this has so many good reviews on Letterboxd whi... More
Housebound
Reviewed by Sarah!
My first movie watch of 2015, I was not disappointed with this, I was just satisfied. I think a lot more could have come out of this, the un... More
The Inbetweeners Movie
Reviewed by Sarah!
I will finally try and stick to talking about what happens in the film instead of going off track and talking about the guys again like I ... More
Foxcatcher
Reviewed by Sarah!
There is something so special about this movie, I did like everything about it but I didn't love it, love it. It took me a while to get into... More
Pope John Paul II
Reviewed by Sarah!
There is no denying that this was one of the longest movies I have seen, but it was okay in small doses but it just got boring, Cary and Jon... More
The Jungle Book
Reviewed by Sarah!
A underrated adaption of The Jungle Book. Cary Elwes looks fine, the cast were fine and it almost seemed that there should be no reason why ... More
Reuniting the Rubins
Reviewed by Sarah!
A solid film I guess, and it was lovely to see the stupid but cuter inbetweener Blake Harrison doing something a tad bit different. Apart fr... More
Everywhere and Nowhere
Reviewed by Sarah!
Wasted opportunity to do something brilliant, shame the cast were wasted here there, everywhere and ended up nowhere, see what I did there? ... More
Unknown
Reviewed by Sarah!
Sort of like the film Nine Dead but this is just basically men and whats worse is the characters in Nine Dead had some background this just ... More
Lemon Tree Passage
Reviewed by Sarah!
The poster explained it all to me, apart from that nothing even remotely different to any other horror movie I have seen before, not even sc... More
The Interview
Reviewed by Sarah!
You know if what happened with this didn't happen then I don't think this would have had a lot of people even giving a shit about this but... More
Private Hell 36
Reviewed by fernando
One can trace here the modern rotten cop thriller, in the sexy toughness of Cochrane. Ida is an exciting actress bur is too old for a Gloria... More
The Darjeeling Limited
Reviewed by fernando
Pure Wes. More a tour to his tastes than a tour to India. The humour is traced in the laconic expression and contradictory behavior of the 3... More
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Chloe Grace Moretz, I thought I might as well give it a t... More
John Wick
Reviewed by BAMF
When I saw the premise for this I actually wanted to see it. A movie centered on a man who is taking revenge on those who killed his dog. No... More
Lockout
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Guy Pearce, I thought I might as well give it a try. To be honest, ... More
Wu Dang
Reviewed by Shadow Tiger
An Indiana Jones inspired martial arts movie. A man and his daughter are searching for some rare artifacts at a secluded temple in the mount... More
Preservation
Reviewed by BAMF
I saw the trailer for this and I was pleasantly intrigued. It is one of those trailers where it doesn't actually spoil the whole story unlik... More
Shall We Dance?
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this flick and I ended up watching with my wife if I’m not mistaken. Apparently, it is a remake ... More
Olive Oil
Reviewed by Oliver
Homer called olive oil "liquid gold". It has been a symbol; used in religious rituals; medicines; as fuel for oil lamps; soap making and ski... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, 1)
Reviewed by Villiana
“The Noise is a man unfiltered, and without a filter, a man is just chaos walking.” After all dystopian stories, that I read recently... More
New Year's Eve
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following the (commercial) success of 'Valentine's Day', obviously, they had to come up with a similar movie about new year's eve this time... More
The Gate
Reviewed by djprojexion
The Gate was recently reissued on DVD as a "monstrous special edition" and featured some rather bizarre cover art. It depicts Glen down in t... More
Simone
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. In fact, since I was really blown away b... More