Reviews > Recent reviews

The Kid
Reviewed by dannyjai
This movie from start to finish is silly, it's Disney trying to tell an adult story for children. The message I think was lost, through a ch... More
Hart's War
Reviewed by dannyjai
I can see where the movie was trying to go, but it failed. That said it is an interesting courtroom drama, with a good cast and average acti... More
Perfect Stranger
Reviewed by dannyjai
I really liked this slow paced thriller, I can't put my finger on why exactly I like it but considering it is an average movie. I think I en... More
The Siege
Reviewed by dannyjai
Before 9/11 this little gem of a thriller came out, The Siege is a really good look at a full scale terrorist attack. The story is very well... More
What Women Want
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I know, it might seems weird, but I actually think this movie is pretty good. Sure, it is and remains a commercial flick and it is far from ... More
Wild Things
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember this flick very well, I even saw it in the movie theater when it was released back then. The best thing about this flick is that,... More
The Good Shepherd
Reviewed by mrhoundoom
To be quite honest i don´t know where to start with this one mostly because of the confused emotions that it brings me, for some reason i d... More
Borgman
Reviewed by OsamaEx
It's a dutch movie so i wasn't expecting anything (no offense), but i end up having somewhat an enjoyable time. I knew that it's a weird ... More
Citizen Kane
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Something you should know about me, that i'm no hipster, i don't enjoy trashing old movies just to piss off people, but i'm also not stupid,... More
Guardians of the Galaxy
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I admit that I have been sometimes hard on Marvel for creating films by committee and being aggressive about a house style that inhibits the... More
My Cat from Hell
Reviewed by The O.P.
As a cat person, I obviously love this series. Jackson Galaxy's interventions with "cats from hell" are not just a reality show. The guy wit... More
Pain & Gain
Reviewed by arkkangabriel
Several media properties compare and contrast details shown in the film and actual events. As David Haglund and Forrest Wickman wrote in blo... More
The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it is not the kind of movies I would have expected to watch with the filmclub. Indeed, it is a commercial feature adapted from a p... More
The Visitor
Reviewed by OsamaEx
It was one of those days where i felt like i should watch an actual drama, drama that makes me feel something, and i'm glad i chose this mov... More
The Maze Runner
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
To say Maze Runner is derivative would be an understatement. I am well aware that these kinds of accusations are often met with protests li... More
The Sacrament
Reviewed by BAMF
I enjoy Ti West and think he is an underrated horror director. It seems that the main cast all worked together before with each other and wi... More
Mockingbird Lane
Reviewed by Monstermaster
If you are a child of the 60's you will no doubt already be familiar with The Munsters, as one of the two main horror themed comedy shows ... More
The Scribbler
Reviewed by Sarah!
This was quite a weird film. This is the complete opposite of the writer's previous brilliant effort may I add with Doghouse and this is the... More
Reclaim
Reviewed by Sarah!
Quite a boring affair but interesting storyline at the same time. It's bound to be slow until the last half hour like this was, but it didn'... More
Space Station 76
Reviewed by Sarah!
Not great at all out of the last 10 films watched I haven't rated a single one over 2 stars, it's me being picky maybe, but this proves why ... More
Gulliver's Travels
Reviewed by Sarah!
Something rather different, but not good enough. Sorry. Just was really boring, and just rally not funny either. Did not really get what gen... More
Freezer
Reviewed by Sarah!
Locked in a meat freezer, but my god bored me to tears. Just literally bored me to fucking tears. Cast didn't give anything that I have neve... More
Revolver
Reviewed by Sarah!
Hello again to the one who plays Tony in Coronation Street, nothing too spectacular. Jason Statham does not do it for me at all, I think he ... More
Semi-Pro
Reviewed by Sarah!
Just not really funny. It just was sooooooooo boring, the cast didn't even seemed interested in the script, it felt like when they all said ... More
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Reviewed by Sarah!
It's just a long movie, and what is so 'great' that it has to be that long, you can easily wrap up this action and story in about 1 hour and... More
Hazard Jack
Reviewed by Sarah!
Ouch. Urm. just not really good at all, boring, crap and just should not have actually took the time to be made, but oh well there are some ... More
Mojave Moon
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I had no idea what to expect from this flick but since I had it on DVD for already more than 2 years, I thought it was really time... More
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Reviewed by fernando
As enchanting and rich in details and 'humanly nechanic' as one of those playful clocks in Eastern Europe churches. ¡What a cast! Each acto... More
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Salon Kitty
Reviewed by fernando
Nazisexploitation at its best, with thriller rythm and plot, 'cabaret' appearance, good cast (Thulin and Berger, the visconti 'dammed' pair)... More