Reviews > Recent reviews

Hungry for Change
Reviewed by Stehako
This documentary gets you psyched to eat healthy! I like that it doesn't attack anything or anyone specific and is, overall, a good-hearted... More
Plunkett & Macleane
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For many years, I really wanted to watch this flick but, to be honest, I actually forgot why I was so eager to check it out. Was it because ... More
Red State
Reviewed by Stehako
Smith goes a completely different direction than what he's known for and the results are much better than "Cop Out." More
Maid in Manhattan
Reviewed by sweetfemme
Jennifer Lopez plays the role of a maid named Marisa Ventura in one of New York City's greatest hotels and is loved by all of her co-workers... More
Nora Prentiss
Reviewed by fernando
I love Sheridan (she has good close ups here)and I like Vincent Sherman, but the incredible plot ( a doctor takes the identity of a death pa... More
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, we are done with Middle-Earth. I know, it might sound as if I didn't like the damned thing but the point is I definitely had som... More
The Wall
Reviewed by Korissa
This song is THE song. Is amazing how one song can describe the school life.I recommended because Pink Floyd say the complete truth about te... More
Dumb and Dumber
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Dumb & Dumber' tries to be funny and instead it appals me! It stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as two dumb friends who do crude, unfunny t... More
Gallows Hill
Reviewed by BAMF
Well I kind of wanted to see this because the trailer looked like fun. Then I saw the director was Victor Garcia whose movies usually suck. ... More
A Merry Friggin' Christmas
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this solely for Robin Williams. I don't get why all his roles lately are grumpy old guys though. Nothing really c... More
White Man's Burden
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though it is quite an obscure feature, I was quite eager to check it out. Indeed, it was actually the first movie starring John Travolt... More
Men, Women & Children
Reviewed by BAMF
I didn't know anything about this movie until I saw it at the theater I work at. The cast is a pretty interesting mixture and I've liked mos... More
Foxfire
Reviewed by fernando
Great story, a gang of girls with polítical and existential motifs,told as a modern american crime saga, well written; but Cantet was not t... More
The Golden Blade
Reviewed by fernando
It has its moments, specially the weird and sexy musical when Hudson loses the blade. Laurie clowns too much and Evans plays his brute with ... More
Tear This Heart Out
Reviewed by fernando
Cosmovisión feminista latinoamericana, uniformizada con todos los clichés sobre Frida, la revolución que fue machista, el sexy barbudo ar... More
Venus in Fur
Reviewed by fernando
Ok the quid pro quo between vulgar but intelligent actress and snob but correct autor director. Seigner (madame Polanski) is better when act... More
The Guest
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember seeing the preview for this and thinking the premise looked interesting. Then I found out the director is horror genre regular Ad... More
Three Little Pigskins
Reviewed by JxSxPx
A moment of discretion before I begin, I've never been much of a fan of the Three Stooges. Even as a kid I couldn't vibe with their slower p... More
'71
Reviewed by BAMF
I wanted to see this for Jack O'Connell as he has risen up the charts of the film industry. I remember him starting off relatively unknown a... More
No Good Deed
Reviewed by BAMF
I have kind of been wanting to see this solely for the actors involved. Other than that I thought it seemed a bit cliche looking. The acting... More
Toy Story 2
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For a rather amazing 16 years, Pixar managed to keep an impressive trackrecord of releasing back-to-back some highly critically and commerci... More
[REC] 4: Apocalypse
Reviewed by BAMF
So Jaume Balagueró returns to direct the fourth installment to the successful Spanish zombie series which is awesome. Also returning with h... More
Gone Girl
Reviewed by hurt.raven114
well , it was my one of my most anticipated movie for 2014, with excellent cast and genius director . This movie contained whole new , th... More
Stranger Than Paradise
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Ever since I have seen 'Dead Man' when it was released, I have always been a fan of Jim Jarmusch. To be honest, I didn't care much about his... More
Ocean's Eleven
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Ocean's Eleven is a good movie with good plotting, acting from George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts and Matt Damon and direction. The c... More
The Story of Us
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Back in the 80’s, Rob Reiner was one of the most successful directors at work. I mean, just check his track-record, it is quite impressive... More
Guardians of the Galaxy
Reviewed by Ricky49er
I don’t go to theaters to watch movies as much as most people. Not only because it is pretty costly to spend on a couple of movie tickets ... More
The Bandit
Reviewed by Bull Stanley
First in a series of films that mixes cutting neorealist with the atmosphere of the American noir movies.Excellent performance Nazzari; Anna... More
Locke
Reviewed by Reno
Obviously it reminds Paul Wlaker's 'Vehicle 19' for anyone who had watched it. Both the stories take place inside a moving car. But the only... More
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Transformers' was a good movie, I liked the plotting, the acting and the visual effects. 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' (the first o... More