Reviews > Recent reviews

Kung Fu Panda 3
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
My kids really wanted to see this movie (especially my step-son, as the first installment  was the 2nd movie we went to see together when h... More
I Killed My Mother
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The last time I saw my sister, she bought me a DVD-box with the complete work of Xavier Dolan so that's how I ended up watching his movies. ... More
After Last Season
Reviewed by Dogma Al Medio
A pretentious modern art cashgrab movie in every minute of its original length. One of the worst movie i never see, and even more boring tha... More
Notting Hill
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and you should probably re-watch it at some point. Anyway, I think it must be... More
Always
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie. Still, I remember fairly well when I saw the damned thing. Indeed, back then... More
A Very Murray Christmas
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie was the last one directed by Sofia Coppola I still needed to see, I was quite eager to check it out. Eventually, I was amaz... More
McMillan & Wife
Reviewed by EFPaisley
McMillan & Wife was an entertaining part of a Mystery Movie Series that included Columbo, McCloud, Banacek, and Quincy, ME. Later and lesse... More
Young & Beautiful
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though I'm not a huge fan, since François Ozon  is still a really interesting director, I was quite eager to check this movie. Well, ... More
The French Connection
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. Even though I have a lot o... More
The Full Monty
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well when this movie came out, I even saw it in the movie theater. Back then, it was a huge critical success (it was even... More
The Passion of Darkly Noon
Reviewed by thaskett
'The Passion of Darkly Noon' includes a handful of memorable scenes that are so hilariously awful and bizarre that they almost make the movi... More
#Horror
Reviewed by BAMF
From what I remember of the trailer this movie looked like an oddball. It does have some decent actors in it though. Taryn Manning and Natas... More
Glitch
Reviewed by BAMF
A movie about video games starring Maiara Walsh and Lamorne Morris? You better believe you can count me in. This looks like the only credit ... More
The Scout
Reviewed by thaskett
'The Scout' is a rather odd, yet not unappealing movie about a baseball scout named Al Percolo (played by Albert "Einstein" Brooks) and his ... More
Hush
Reviewed by BAMF
I was really curious about this one after seeing the trailer for it. Is there going to be any dialogue? Why is she alone in the middle of th... More
London Has Fallen
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been meaning to watch this. Olympus Has Fallen was awesome in my opinion. So when I saw this was going to be coming out I knew I woul... More
Crimson Peak
Reviewed by fernando
Del Toro's big deception. Ok tale, pretty decors, pretty evil Chastain (far better than Wasikowska); but horrible ending, full idiot plot. More
The Fast and the Furious
Reviewed by fernando
3 stars just for launching a serie, a topic (car racing against the law and after that, for the law), a team with its simple melodrama (hand... More
Far from the Madding Crowd
Reviewed by fernando
Great depiction of rural life. The scene where Julie sings in the tabel is better thabn any other dramatic scene. The period reconstruction ... More
The Nun
Reviewed by fernando
Great. Rivette is so moved by his tale that simply narrates it, with still camera, sober decors, cond delivery of text but no cold acting. More
Fortress
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been ages since I have seen this flick and maybe I should re-watch it at some point. Basically, this is a massive guilt... More
Fifty Shades of Black
Reviewed by BAMF
I get a kick out of Wayans' spoof films. I will be in the minority of course as being someone who may like this and certainly enjoy it more ... More
From Hell
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and maybe I should re-watch it at some point. I remember quite well, when it ... More
Four Rooms
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though I have sometime a hard time with the last movies directed by Quentin Tarantino (with the notable exception of ‘The Hateful Eig... More
Scary Movie 5
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Obviously, I had some very low expectations towards this movie and, indeed, it turned out to be pretty bad. Seriously, what were they thinki... More
Merrily We Live
Reviewed by franceseattle
It's not as uniformly excellent a screwball comedy as My Man Godfrey, or You Can't Take it With You, but if you stick with this, there are s... More
Rush Hour
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I hadn't see this movie for quite some time, I thought I might as well give it a second chance. To be honest, I have to admit it that ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Leopard: A Harry Hole Novel (8) (Vintage Crime...
Reviewed by irishblue
Harry Hole, the hero, is one of those people you can't help liking and disliking at the same time. He is an alcoholic, and also a doper. at ... More
Easy A
Reviewed by thaskett
I know that the 2010 film 'Easy A' (a remake of 'The Scarlet Letter' geared toward teenagers) received a lot of positive reviews, and is sup... More
10 Cloverfield Lane
Reviewed by kathy
Really well written and acted drama that constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat with several totally unexpected plot twists. Great fe... More