Reviews > Recent reviews

Swept Away
Reviewed by Leo
"Swept Away" is clearly nothing more than a vanity project for Madonna in order to get her then-husband Guy Ritchie to direct her in a movie... More
The Ten Commandments
Reviewed by Michael M
Upon viewing with my own eyes Cecil B DeMille’s motion picture production of The Ten Commandments, I can only conclude that is cinematic e... More
The Notebook
Reviewed by fernando
Effective love story combined with selfhelp plot of Garner making alzheimer(amnesia for old ladies in melodrama)patient Rowlands, remember t... More
The King and Four Queens
Reviewed by fernando
Ahead of its time; everybody is crooked here but love makes Clark chose Eleanor. Big momentos of Raoul mise en scene, populating the frame w... More
In Like Flint
Reviewed by fernando
I understand why Austin Powers loves and imitates this. Flint/Cobunr is sexy, free inspired, egotistical, still a macho in a world populated... More
The Geisha Boy
Reviewed by fernando
Slow pace and too long routines for moments, but it has other great 'reduction to absurd', naif provocative gags (insinuations of a erotic s... More
Gossip Girl
Reviewed by anthonytrimboli
I like the photo you have on this box of Leighton Meester and another person in the program "Gossip Girl". Yes, people have said that one of... More
Drive Me Crazy
Reviewed by anthonytrimboli
I saw this movie and enjoyed it a lot. Yes, it was funny and very young adult this movie. I enjoyed it a lot to view and to watch. It was go... More
The Big Bang Theory
Reviewed by anthonytrimboli
This is one hillarious tv show. I laugh at it so much the program being The Big Bang Theory. Yes, very funny program that they have. More
Blade Runner
Reviewed by Jarek
One of the best science-fiction films. My favourite film. Great played Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer More
Upside Down
Reviewed by burnodo
Extremely inventive concept executed very well, but the story suffered from a lack of connection to the lovebirds. As someone else said, thi... More
Safe Haven
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I didn't like much 'Dear John' but since I have a weak spot for Lasse Hallstrom's work, I thought I might as well give it a try wi... More
Money Train
Reviewed by dannyjai
I did not mind Money Train, it has it's funny moments. The story is a bit flimsical, Wesley Snipes and Wood Harrelson had chemistry which he... More
The Italian Job
Reviewed by dannyjai
The Italian Job is a good old fashion chase movie, a bunch of Brits take on the Mafia, and take a ride through Italy. The cast do a great jo... More
The Island of Dr. Moreau
Reviewed by Leo
Is this a crazy movie/production or what? When this was being made, the original director Richard Stanley got fired and was immediately repl... More
Kramer vs. Kramer
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I already saw this movie but it was a while back so I was really eager to check it again. At the time, divorces were not something new but ... More
For a Few Dollars More
Reviewed by JxSxPx
An improvement over its predecessor, A Fistful of Dollars, and a visible trajectory towards the greatness of The Good, the Bad & the Ugly an... More
The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw
Reviewed by JxSxPx
An amiable little bauble of a film with nothing much in mind besides simple entertainments, The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw is one of the bette... More
Jonestown: The Life and Death of Peoples Temple
Reviewed by browser
Compiled from archive film and photographs and recent interviews with survivors Jonestown is a compelling though disturbing documentary feat... More
Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I’m fairly confident that I’ve mentioned this before in other reviews for Marvel’s direct-to-video animated films, but they’re nothi... More
The Pirates of Penzance
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Not really a movie in the conventional sense, this is more like a very well done version of the recent live musicals from NBC. Having said t... More
Hopscotch
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I suppose this is supposed to be a thriller, but something about the presence of Walter Matthau in the central role makes it feel more like ... More
A Room with a View
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Oh man, if I’m a sucker for any type of film, it’s a British costume drama about repressed emotions, all-consuming love affairs, and the... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Sacred Origins of Profound Things: The Stories Beh...
Reviewed by nataliegoes
Anecdotal at best, disorganized and 95% about Catholicism, so the title is a lie. Found it to be annoying and poorly constructed. More
Quai des Orfèvres
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have just discovered that, after WWII, Henri-George Clouzot wasn’t allowed to make another movie following the release of ‘Le corbea... More
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Reviewed by dannyjai
Fast times at Ridgemont High is a fast time, it is all about sex drugs and that is about it. That said it is not a bad movie, it is your typ... More
Matchstick Men
Reviewed by dannyjai
Matchstick Men is a well written drama, Nicolas Cage plays a con man who ends up being coned in a way that changes his life. Nicolas Cage do... More
It Follows
Reviewed by BAMF
I heard about this after seeing that it would be coming to my theater. This was automatically a must see because my theater hasn't played a ... More
Drive Angry
Reviewed by dannyjai
Drive Angry had potential but failed, I think it was Nicolas Cage. I think he as reached a stage in his career even he knows he is a joke, s... More
Doushitemo furetakunai
Reviewed by Shinomiya Satsuki
It is adapted from the Manga, with the same name, from Yoneda Kou. It shows how difficult it is, being gay. But it also shows, that love h... More