Reviews > Recent reviews

22 Britannia Road: A Novel
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
I enjoyed reading this one. I rather liked the story, even though it’s dark and moody. The setting and the theme was well done and althoug... More
Her
Reviewed by SJMJ91
Anyone who has seen past feature films from Spike Jonze, such as Being John Malkovich and Adaptation, will notice that he is an unorthodox f... More
Erin Brockovich
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Might be the one and the only movie by Steven Soderbergh that i actually like, he's an over-glorified hack who makes shitty overrated movies... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society:...
Reviewed by krin5292
I loved this book about finding new friends in a new home while learning about their shared history of German occupation during World War II... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Scarlet Letter (Penguin Classics)
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book about Puritan ethics and hypocrisy. I found the reactions of the townspeople to Hester interesting as time goes by. More
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about a Dominican-American man trying to find his way in New Jersey and Santo Domingo. More
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Reviewed by krin5292
I learned much from reading this book, not only about medical history but also about ethics and about a family left in the dark for far too ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Turn of the Screw (Dover Thrift)
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this chilling book about a haunted house and its inhabitants. I especially liked the interactions between the governess and the boy. More
M Is for Magic
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked all the stories. My favorites included Case of Blackbirds, Troll Bridge, Chivalry and Sunbird. More
Virtuosity
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this sci-fi thriller about virtual intelligence combined with a physical body. Someday, I'll see the movie this book was based on. ... More
Mystery Cats (Signet)
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this set of feline mysteries. Favorite stories included "The Lady Wore Black" by Hugh B. Cave and "The Theft of the Mafia Cat" by... More
The Known World
Reviewed by krin5292
This was an interesting book about slavery, race and families in Manchester County, Virginia. I liked the interactions between the character... More
Broken
Reviewed by Lacey
based on the original by Japanese writer Higashino Geigo. It is about a father who loses his daughter to murder and kills one of the murdere... More
Iron Man 3
Reviewed by OsamaEx
i usually don't review movies based on comics because they all are the same, big budget clusterfuck with enormous plot mistakes, shitty stor... More
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, this flick was the first Freddy movie I have seen. At the time, I have was just about 14 years old, I was really c... More
Turn Blue
Reviewed by catcarlo
Potrà sembrare strano, visti i passi da gigante sulla via della fama mondiale dal duo di Akron, ma i Black Keys si sono sempre tenuti al ma... More
Titanic
Reviewed by A Dance of Despair
In 1912, a beautiful upper-class girl named Rose, headed towards certain marriage with a wealthy businessman, meets and falls in love with a... More
Sharknado
Reviewed by BAMF
I love sharks. I heard a lot about this movie. It's one of those movies you know isn't going to be very good, but you watch it anyways just ... More
Dracula
Reviewed by Monstermaster
Allow me to take you to a time when vampires were kickass and weren’t pixies in disguise, where CGI was used sparingly and where monster... More
Noah
Reviewed by doudouce55
This has good reviews? Seriously? One of the worst films I ever wasted time on. No good acting performances, and let me spare you the specia... More
The Iron Lady
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I never liked Margaret Thatcher. I would go even further by saying that she pretty much embodied the political ideas I despised. S... More
The Birds
Reviewed by PickitWilly
By far one of Hitchcock's best. It also needs to be seen on the big screen. You can do that if you're on the East Coast this Sept. Veronic... More
Fritz the Cat
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it is a rather difficult movie to judge. Indeed, the animation is probably not the best you have seen (apparently, they had such a... More
Final Fantasy XIII
Reviewed by Jason Kral
I know it's been said 1000 times before and I know that many have said it better than me, but this game SUCKS. Okay okay. I have reasons ... More
Godzilla
Reviewed by BAMF
Of course I had to see this. Godzilla is a legend and I hear this is how the previous American remake should have been. I am one of the ones... More
The Princess of Montpensier
Reviewed by Stehako
An intriguing story with with respectable performances but nothing new here for a period piece. At the same time the mostly unknown cast wa... More
How to Survive a Plague
Reviewed by Stehako
A strong documentary that would serve as a nice double bill with "Dallas Buyers Club". I was a just a child when all this was going on so i... More
Dicebox
Reviewed by Rak
Dicebox is a slice-of-life sci fi that, somewhere along the way, develops a major plot and a large ensemble cast. The story follows Griffen ... More
The Last Seduction
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is one of those movies I have been planning to re-watch for so many years but, somehow, it never happened. Basically, I remember it very ... More
I, Frankenstein
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick but Nick, my step-son, was really eager to check it out so I bought the DVD for his birt... More