Reviews > Recent reviews

American Beauty
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'American Beauty' is indeed an American beauty! What can I say? I doubt 'Fight Club' will be as good in my opinion and I can say that this i... More
The Giver
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
Frustration, thy name is The Giver. Based off of Lois Lowry's book of the same name - which I should add that I have read several times - T... More
His Girl Friday
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since it is such a classic, I thought I should check it out. To be honest, I always had a... More
La Bête Humaine
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but Jean Renoir is regarded as one of the best French directors that ever lived so I was quit... More
A Little Bit of Heaven
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick but since I have always had a weak spot for Gael Garcia Bernal, I though I might as well... More
9 Songs
Reviewed by Stehako
About 8 Songs too much. The sex scenes were too much for what I got out of it with story and the concert footage was boring because the mus... More
The Longest Yard
Reviewed by Stehako
The longest time I've sat unhappy with a Sandler film. A completely lazy effort for a remake of a film that wasn't all that great in the fi... More
Super Mario Land
Reviewed by mazardeus
A short game filled with a brilliantly bizarre atmosphere. The gameplay is very simple and addicting to the point of providing amazing repla... More
Fate of the World
Reviewed by ran88dom99
Match solution card to problem news. Repeat 25 times. Its relationship graph made me want to play Democracy 3. More
Foodfight!
Reviewed by JWR
Almost everyone on The internet has reviewed or pointed out how bad this movie is, but honestly none of the reviews do it justice. No matte... More
Ballet Adagio
Reviewed by Kenji
A rapturous, graceful and tender short Canadian ballet film, in slow-motion, to Albinoni's beautiful Adagio More
Unbreakable
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
After The Sixth Sense scored big with critics and garnered 6 Oscar nominations, director M. Night Shyamalan made a movie with various simila... More
Transformers
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Transformers' features great effects and action scenes and some good acting, but I didn't think it was a very good idea to focus more on th... More
Sewer
Reviewed by Kenji
Imburnal achieves the rare feat of being a lyrical, contemplative and audacious 21st century masterpiece. More
Le cochon
Reviewed by Kenji
As many people are now cut off from the reality of where meat comes from, this film may have value if it deters some from eating meat. But i... More
School for Scoundrels
Reviewed by Kenji
An enjoyable old-fashioned comedy. A very upper class English lesson in how to shake off being a loser and instead win at tennis, get the sm... More
Wuthering Heights
Reviewed by Kenji
A far cry from the lush romanticism of Wyler's version, this gets down to the bare bones of nature and of harsh lives filled with racism, br... More
The Nun
Reviewed by Kenji
The Diderot-Rivette-Karina combination is a winner. Satires don't have to come with klaxons blaring. As an indictment of the Catholic church... More
Melancholia
Reviewed by Kenji
A visually impressive but self-important film in which discomfiting (even excruciatingly bitter) interactions, neuroses and apocalyptic anxi... More
Archipelago
Reviewed by Kenji
In Archipelago we have an upper middle class mother, her adult son and daughter on holiday on one of the Scilly Isles (mildest part of Briti... More
Capitalism: A Love Story
Reviewed by Kenji
Moore’s smartarse style can be irritating but here his full frontal polemic hits the nail bang on the head; the US brand of Capitalism, as... More
The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey
Reviewed by Kenji
Now here’s an oddity i’ve not seen for years but which i enjoyed and whose central idea has fascinated and stayed with me. In the first ... More
The Cheat
Reviewed by Kenji
One of the BFI's 360 Classics selection, regarded by many as De Mille's finest, and it's not hard to see why. By turns light and elegant, da... More
Histoire de détective
Reviewed by Kenji
This Belgian avant-garde film is the pinnacle of human cinema, according to the inhabitants of the planet Argza%.. And who among us, feeble-... More
Secret Beyond the Door
Reviewed by Kenji
Deliciously unsettling but absurd, so a potential masterpiece falls disappointingly short. Hitchcock was Langian and here Lang is also Hitch... More
Peppermint Candy
Reviewed by Kenji
A reverse chronology film with a central character whose behaviour is at times squirm-inducing and alienating even as we're interested to de... More
Shree 420
Reviewed by Kenji
Superb musical numbers and sets, and while the film is hardly subtle and feels overblown at times, the social message against greed, the exp... More
Separado!
Reviewed by Kenji
Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals fame sets off to Patagonia in search of a singing Gaucho uncle. An engaging, eclectic, playful yet thought... More
Old Joy
Reviewed by Kenji
I guess we could all do with a special place to unwind from the news and the trials of modern life. Following films like Deliverance and the... More
Wild Grass
Reviewed by Kenji
A very elegant, beguilingly mysterious study of mental frailty, obsession and the unexpected paths of fate, with a welcome dash of wit and a... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »