Reviews > Recent reviews

The Purple Rose of Cairo
Reviewed by Star Alchemist
Once again, Allen brings us a sweet and complex female character in the lead role facing the adverts of a relationship. Most of the time of ... More
The Angry Video Game Nerd
Reviewed by Michael M
The reviewing of poor media products on the internet has become a whole genre of comedy in itself. Movies, video games, anime, comic books, ... More
Funny Face
Reviewed by Michael M
It disappoints me that Funny Face for many people will be their only encounter with Fred Astaire, due to the fact that it is an Audrey Hepbu... More
Craig's Wife
Reviewed by Michael M
Going into Craig’s Wife I was aware it was one of Rosalind Russell’s dramatic roles, but I wasn't prepared for the fact that she plays s... More
Sometimes a Great Notion
Reviewed by Michael M
There is no over arching plot in Sometimes a Great Notion, yet I was still engaged with the life of this family with their ongoing effort to... More
Burt's Buzz
Reviewed by soulistic
This was a great documentary featuring Mr. Ingram Berg (Burt) Shavitz. I love how this documentary shares the life and times of Burt. Grante... More
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back' brings the memorable Yoda (Frank Oz) to the series. It is also better than the original and f... More
Jesus Henry Christ
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I had no idea what to expect from this movie. Indeed, as a matter of fact, I got this movie in a package deal at a dvd shop, so... More
Room 237
Reviewed by Stehako
Since "The Shining" is one my favorite films made by one of my favorite filmmakers I naturally found this to be an intriguing documentary to... More
Smashed
Reviewed by Stehako
Ponsoldt's debut feature is a bit flawed but I appreciated an alcohol recovery film with limited melodrama. Winstead's acting prevented thi... More
Stone
Reviewed by Stehako
The re-teaming of Norton and De Niro is even less impressive than "The Score". Two notably intense actors phone it in with a story that nev... More
Everly
Reviewed by BAMF
We all need a little Salma Hayek in our lives. I watched the trailer for this and decided I was definitely going to check it out when I got ... More
Gotham
Reviewed by bassmaelbehery
Gotham city is a dangerous city which control it gangs their only hope to have power and money , Jim gordon is the brave detective who want ... More
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Obviously, I wasn't really expecting much from this flick but since there was a nice cast, I thought I might as well give it a try. To start... More
Taken 3
Reviewed by BAMF
Don't get me wrong Liam Neeson is badass as Bryan Mills, but this trilogy has the Hangover Syndrome. It starts with a strong first film. The... More
End of Watch
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I kept hearing some great things about this flick, I was really eager to check it out. Eventually, I wasn't disappointed. Indeed, up t... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Ver...
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember reading this book when I was much younger so I was actually excited to check this one out. Plus Steve Carell is awesome so that a... More
The Best of Me
Reviewed by BAMF
Okay I'm not going to lie. I actually really enjoy these Nicholas Sparks movies and I'm not afraid to admit it. It doesn't mean anything. I ... More
Election
Reviewed by 8rob
Election is among many of Reese Witherspoon's brilliant performances. It's an excellent comedy for adults. More
The Elephant Man
Reviewed by 8rob
Probably never has been a better movie to illustrate man's inhumanity to man. John Hurt never ceases to amaze me. More
The Road Warrior
Reviewed by 8rob
The road warrior is probably the best "action" movie. For someone who isn't a fan of action movies, I guess that's not much of compliment. More
Showtime
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Nowadays, Eddie Murphy has one of the most pathetic careers and for Robert De Niro, even though the situation is not as critical as for Murp... More
Revolutionary Road
Reviewed by JR1220
I wanted so much more from this movie. I know it's a downer, but I really wanted it to be not a "rip out your heart and spit on it" kind of ... More
True Blood: The Complete First Season
Reviewed by DrStrangeblog
I'll admit that I was a hater without really knowing what I was talking about. I'd seen parts of a few episodes during HBO Freeview weekend... More
Shallow Hal
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following their massive success with their directing debut ‘Dumb & Dumber’, the Farrelly Brothers became the next big thing in R rated c... More
John Wick
Reviewed by hurt.raven114
Had a greater expectation with this flick . It was a Good movie not a great one though . Enjoyed the Keanu's come back in one solid action m... More
John Wick
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"In a bar, I once saw him kill three men... with a pencil." Let's not mince words here: John Wick is the best action movie of 2014. Confi... More
Kill Bill: Vol. 1
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember very well when this movie was released. Indeed, after 6 very long years, Quentin Tarantino was finally coming up with a new dire... More
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Reviewed by JR1220
I know. I know. It was a "different time," but I just can't with the Mickey Rooney character. That being said, I just love the story and I'... More
Birdman
Reviewed by Monty
This is a fascinating film, with unassailable acting and with a deep sense that this is touching on something beyond just entertainment and ... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »