Reviews > Recent reviews

Speed Racer
Reviewed by Stehako
This movie is one of the coolest looking movie but the dialogue and script is horrendous and the actors look lost, probably because they're ... More
JCVD
Reviewed by Stehako
The muscles from Brussels plays himself in a film that's actually more watchable than laughable... could be a first for the actor. More
Instinct
Reviewed by Stehako
These filmmakers clearly have poor instinct. Cuba clearly trying too hard to match the successful energy of "Jerry Maguire" but can't becau... More
Georgia
Reviewed by Stehako
Two annoying characters bring each other down and bring me down. I'm feeling down just writing this shoddy review. More
Sempre
Reviewed by catcarlo
Con i dischi degli Statuto funziona così, almeno con quelli che ho ascoltato: il primo pezzo spacca tutto e tutti facendo ballare anche le ... More
The Do-Deca-Pentathlon
Reviewed by Stehako
Returning to their mumblecore style, the Duplass Brothers make what seems like an co-autobiography. Sadly it doesn't have the cleverness an... More
A Cat in Paris
Reviewed by Stehako
A delightful animated adventure that felt long, more appropriate for a short. I appreciate small production houses continuing to make alter... More
Hot Tub Time Machine
Reviewed by Stehako
An ode to the 80s John Cusack movies... with John Cusack. Another example of a funny premise with too many stupid gags mixed in with funny ... More
Banshee Chapter
Reviewed by fuckyou
MKUltra isn't as well known today (I don't think) unless you're familiar with it. I wasn't. That is why it was very ignorant on my part to t... More
Zombieland
Reviewed by fuckyou
While watching this I couldn't help but think of the movie 'The Return of the Living Dead'. They're very similar in that they don't really h... More
Shaun of the Dead
Reviewed by fuckyou
My rating for this movie isn't exactly how I feel about it. Meaning that I like it. I do, but I'm so overly familiar with it to the point th... More
The Burbs
Reviewed by fuckyou
Before Tom Hanks was serious, he was funny. A lot of his earlier stuff was when he first starred in a short-lived sitcom called 'Bosom Buddi... More
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
Reviewed by fuckyou
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is known as a television personality concocted by Cassandra Peterson. Elvira is known for hosting a television ... More
Mansome
Reviewed by Stehako
Spurlock attempts to make another entertaining doc. There are certainly some highlights but I was ultimately just grossed out by the end an... More
Daredevil
Reviewed by Stehako
The least daring superhero movie I've seen. The writing - bad. The direction - bad. The acting - bad. The set design and art direction..... More
Rampart
Reviewed by Stehako
A hell of a cast for such a messy movie. Harrelson pulls off the bad-ass cop routine and I like some of the camera techniques; but the stor... More
Craigslist Joe
Reviewed by Stehako
A great idea but it's tough to take it completely serious seeing how differently people act when a camera and movie are involved. I believe... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Silmarillion (Middle Earth)
Reviewed by Rak
How to go from zero to Tolkien nerd in only ~400 pages! No, really though, this was a fascinating read. The depth of history and the sense ... More
Defiance
Reviewed by Rak
A whole bunch of alien species must live alongside humans in the post-apocalyptic town of Defiance. Ok, fine. But consider: worldbuilding. C... More
Saga
Reviewed by Rak
I'll just quote Vaughan on this one: "This is an original fantasy book with no superheroes, two non-white leads and an opening chapter featu... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Annihilation (Southern Reach Trilogy)
Reviewed by Rak
Existential horror with a biological bent. Starts with a very bare-bones premise (an expedition into the mysterious Area X, about which nobo... More
Pandemic
Reviewed by Rak
A tense and strategic coop game. When we first started playing, my (masochistic/reckless) friend refused to do anything but the super-hard-m... More
Smash Up
Reviewed by Rak
I'm a little divided on this game. I only played it once, and it was amusing, but felt a little flat-- there's a charm to playing a game whe... More
Arkham Horror
Reviewed by Rak
The only thing more monstrous than the monsters in this game is the gigantic board. Well. And the rule book. I swear, someday I am going to ... More
Settlers of Catan
Reviewed by Rak
Among the Laws of Nerd it is stated that in every social group, at lest one person must own Settlers. I am proud to be that person. More
Eminent Domain
Reviewed by Rak
Ok, I own this, but I've barely played it because it didn't make much damn sense on the first try. Somebody wanna try again with me? More
El Bulli: Cooking in Progress
Reviewed by Stehako
A gutsy move on the filmmakers' part, by not really having a narrative or informative documentary with interviews and facts. It seemed kind... More
Quantum
Reviewed by Rak
Probably my favorite game. Cleverly constructed and well-balanced. It's quick to learn (first-time players may well hold their own against v... More
Bang!
Reviewed by Rak
A+ little party game. Best if played with actual nerf guns, badly but enthusiastically pronounced Italian, and lots of skeevy joking about w... More
Star Trek: Fleet Captains
Reviewed by Rak
Gigantic and complicated, especially for the two-player game, but worth it for the sheer amount of "Trekkiness" it packs in. For best result... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »