Reviews > Recent reviews

The Theory of Everything
Reviewed by Exclusive
"Now you are recognized everywhere. How do you deal with all the attention?" "I was stopped recently by a tourist in Cambridge, who asked i... More
Enemy
Reviewed by Exclusive
"The last thing you need is meeting strange men in hotel rooms. You already have enough trouble sticking with one woman, don't you?" I'll... More
A Most Wanted Man
Reviewed by Exclusive
"It's just an ordinary pen. Looks like a pen, writes like a pen, and listens like a pen." This was a very bittersweet experience. While i... More
Boyhood
Reviewed by Exclusive
"Hi, I was wondering if you'd like an Obama sign on your lawn?" "Do I look like I'm voting for Barack *Hussein* Obama? This is private prop... More
Two Days, One Night
Reviewed by catcarlo
Fra qualche decina d’anni, forse i miei nipoti si avvicineranno a film come questo con lo stesso atteggiamento con cui io ho guardato le p... More
Swing Shift
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The interesting thing about Jonathan Demme is how diverse his career has been. Indeed, his biggest critical and financial success must have ... More
The Sunchaser
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
The 70’s are usually considered the Golden Age of American cinema and, at the time, the studios were willing to give a lot of money and so... More
What Happens in Vegas
Reviewed by Stehako
...Is usually more than what this movie shows; but I admit it was funnier than I expected without ever truly bringing anything new to the ge... More
The Road
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Cormac McCarthy’s The Road is a devastating look at life after the destruction and collapse of organized civilization, and a moving look a... More
Traffic
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Traffic takes a look at the War on Drugs through a prismatic lens – focusing equally at their source, the public, federal government, and ... More
Easy Rider
Reviewed by JxSxPx
I don’t mean this in a snide or mean-spirited way, in fact this isn’t a criticism at all, but Easy Rider is like an encapsulation of the... More
Chef
Reviewed by SMilkshake
One of my new favourite indies!As always, Jon Favreau does not disappoint and so much of this film is so on point.The characters are believa... More
The New Daughter
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Kevin Costner, I thought I might as well give it a try. E... More
Poltergeist III
Reviewed by Shanell
I love the Poltergeist series but why is Heather O'Rourke still alive? ._. I don't wonder know why but Heather is already dead. We all miss ... More
Tanguy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Étienne Chatiliez is not really famous abroad but he always had a very solid reputation in France. Indeed, his 3 first movies all became ma... More
Rosewater
Reviewed by BAMF
This really intrigued me since it was written and directed by comedic newscaster Jon Stewart. I think he did an excellent job with this stor... More
Fifty Shades of Grey
Reviewed by Villiana
Spoilers and vulgarisms zone!!! :D A touching story of a young, rich and beautiful man with a complex personality, who loves to dominate ... More
Terror in Resonance
Reviewed by solemnmight
had a good choice of sceenes and a nice art style , the music also fit it very well. the story was very clean and easy to get , yet it manag... More
Mahogany
Reviewed by Deidre
Although the Brian character in this movie was very selfish and a bit sexist, I don't think the message was to get women to be like or look ... More
Safety Not Guaranteed
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Safety Not Guaranteed is one of those blandly smug indie films that suddenly turn cloyingly earnest in the end, wanting to play it both ways... More
Capote
Reviewed by JxSxPx
There are many ways to tackle a celebrity biographical film, typically they lean hard on the “greatest hits” approach, presenting a seri... More
Bugsy
Reviewed by JxSxPx
A tiny bit of a mess, Bugsy wants to be both a quiet character study, a loud mafia epic, and a portrait of a doomed love affair, while windi... More
Vincent & Theo
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Vincent & Theo was originally a miniseries for European television, and the film product suffers from being truncated. One gets the sense th... More
Day of the Falcon
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
A couple of weeks ago, I saw 'Sa majesté Minor', probably Jean-Jacques Annaud's weakest movie so far but I was still eager to check his nex... More
The Cat o' Nine Tails
Reviewed by djprojexion
The Cat o' Nine Tails is the second film in Argento's "animal trilogy" and for some reason this trilogy is virtually devoid of the crazed, b... More
This Boy's Life
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Way before Leonardo DiCaprio became one of most interesting actors of his best generation thanks to a bunch of great movies directed by Mart... More
Tootsie
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I always had some rather mixed feelings about this flick. Indeed, it is supposed to be a massive 80’s classic but I always t... More
RoboCop
Reviewed by Dark Warrior
usually i'm not a fan of remakes but this new version of Robocop is not bad at all and even if the screenplay is much different then the ori... More
Extraterrestrial
Reviewed by BAMF
I liked the trailer, but I don't actually expect much from this film to be honest. It does have a few horror regulars like Jesse Moss and Em... More
Delivery Man
Reviewed by soulistic
I don't think this movie was suppose to be a stompin'-comedic film. It was a great plot and story line. I know it was taken from the Canadia... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »