Reviews > Recent reviews

Election
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I have been fairly curious about this one lately. I have seen it on a few lists even. I do adore some Reese Witherspoon. Th... More
Man's Castle
Reviewed by fernando
Borzage at his best. Poetic as in silent movies, the precarious life (no house, no money, no bags, no commitments but love) makes meaningful... More
The Man Between
Reviewed by fernando
Delicate in spite of location (Berlin 1953). Mason is a man between 2 connecting systems and between a marriage. Bloom is between too, but h... More
The Canyons
Reviewed by morningsong
Badly acted, badly written, badly shot and badly edited. I watched it because I thought it might have some aesthetic atmospheric quality but... More
Natural Born Killers
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember very well when this movie was released. At the time, there was quite some buzz about it. Indeed, back then, Quentin Tarantino was... More
The Ninth Gate
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. In fact, I even saw the damned thing in ... More
Silver Linings Playbook
Reviewed by william.wtsn
This movie is about two people who had epic breakdowns trying to fix their lives. They are attracted to each other but they are both so uns... More
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Reviewed by Stehako
Julie Andrews is one of my favorites, but this is a rare miss. Still entertaining enough, but weak entry into her filmography. Raspberries... More
Spy
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: While watching the trailer I had several thoughts. The first was that the action looked pretty good. Then I was disappointe... More
Unbroken
Reviewed by fernando
The heroism of Zamperini becomes so obvious and solemn, that seems a 'selfhelp' literatura hit. It has some masoquist moments, too, that app... More
The Producers
Reviewed by fernando
It's really funny and great idea for a plot, and Mostel-Wilder makes a great duo. Just a misreading of the idea (as if it were the spirit of... More
Diner
Reviewed by fernando
A mofie for a 'wonderful years generation'. Everything is cute and ok. Strong performances, most in the charm side tan in the histrionic one... More
Captain Lightfoot
Reviewed by fernando
Tongue in cheek adventure with irish carácter, too shallow to deal with heroism and drama; just romance and fights and little else. Well sh... More
Time Lapse
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: Honestly I had no idea about this movie until today. I read that it was pretty good though. The cast has a few pretty good ... More
The Princess Blade
Reviewed by ivanhoe
Princess Blade is a 2001 japanese Yakuza Samurai Movie That takes place in a near future With great stunt choreography by Donnie Yen, but af... More
Fun Size Horror: Volume One
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: A new horror anthology to check out. These are relatively short little films of about six minutes each. I'm sure there are ... More
Minions
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn't exactly dying to see this movie but my daughter was really eager to see it so we ended watching it in the movie theat... More
The Central Park Five
Reviewed by Stehako
Aspires to be one at an Erroll Morris or Werner Herzog level of an investigative documentary... but alas falls short. More
Terminator: Genisys
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I decided to do a back to back sequel feature. Interesting note is Bryce Dallas Howard was in Terminator Salvation and some... More
Jurassic World
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: It's been a long time coming! I have been a die hard fan of Jurassic Park for as long as I can remember. I've read the book... More
TRON: Legacy
Reviewed by william.wtsn
TRON Legacy was an attempt to start a film series based on the 1982 cult film TRON that became popular on home video. I liked the origi... More
Marriage Cuisine
Reviewed by ivanhoe
First of all, thank you to My cousins in Singapore who gave me this DVD for xmas 2014. Marriage Cuisine is a Chinese, South Korean, Hong Kon... More
TRON
Reviewed by william.wtsn
TRON is one of my favorite films from the 80s. It sometimes gets bashed by critics who say the story is weak or the effects have aged poorl... More
Alice in Wonderland
Reviewed by mazardeus
This film is entertaining with its visuals, but that is about it. I thought it suffered from an identity crisis, and there's very little dep... More
Stung
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I actually didn't really know anything about this movie. I did see that a website had some info on it, but I only really no... More
Zombie Massacre 2: Reich of the Dead
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I just finished the previous film so I could check this one out. It seems to be better received on IMDB. That's a somewhat ... More
Kingdom of Heaven
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. I remember it quite well, ... More
The Holiday
Reviewed by mazardeus
Not bad. Very entertaining and the narrative was constructed very nicely between two that came together nicely. This is slightly better than... More
What Women Want
Reviewed by mazardeus
An entertaining film with some really impressive messages. There are aspects of it that seem unrealistic or just provided ideas that I don't... More
Zombie Massacre
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I wanted to stay away from this one. I am usually rather interesting in zombie films. The issue with this is that Uwe Boll ... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »