Reviews > Recent reviews

35 Shots of Rum
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Basically, it was once again one of these rather obscure French flicks that I watch once in a while. To be honest, I'm not exactly a huge fa... More
Casualties of Love: The Long Island Lolita Story
Reviewed by thaskett
Did the world really need THREE trashy TV movies about Amy Fisher? Even though more than 20 years have passed since each of the movies aired... More
A Time of Destiny
Reviewed by thaskett
It's been awhile since I last saw this one, but I used to own the video for 'A Time of Destiny' and watched the movie several times. It wa... More
Bertoldo, Bertoldino, and Cascacenno
Reviewed by fernando
It goes better and better, from the vulgar and escatological to the sublime. Every feeling and element of the film in congregated around Tog... More
Poseidon
Reviewed by Stehako
Some cool VFX scenes, Fergie, Johnny Drama, the actor formerly known as Richard Dreyfuss, and a big ass wave. This is a classic example o... More
Mandy
Reviewed by fernando
As an anticipated telefilm, too focused in a lcinical case, didactic on the education of deaf children, with some corny twirls, but a nice b... More
Indiscreet
Reviewed by fernando
I love Gloria, specially singing dubbed in close up with her long hair. Subtle plot on unneccesary sincerity, but not an essay on morality a... More
10 Rillington Place
Reviewed by fernando
Cold, somehow sloe, realistic, refined dialogue by Attenborough, an ellegant exploration on cruelty and pervertion for a sick man in an oppr... More
Encino Man
Reviewed by thaskett
I've known about this silly movie since around the time it was released, but I didn't have the "pleasure" of watching it until recently. Bef... More
Clean Up
Reviewed by Rath
In principle, a film starring Noiret, Huppert and Marielle and signed by Tavernier has the mark of excellence. On this occasion the achievem... More
This Night I'll Possess Your Corpse
Reviewed by Rath
A good start in both the technical and the plot and expectations it offers. From half an hour starts to look artifice, low budget and to the... More
Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight
Reviewed by Rath
Stimulating sample "Ero-Guro" (grotesque erotic), Japanese genre Teruo Ishii attended in the late sixties and early seventies and the filmma... More
Super Size Me
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Everyone knows McDonalds food is bad for you! As well as Burger King, Wendy's and many fast food restaurants! Morgan Spurlock makes it more ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Mozart in China (Austria)
Reviewed by Chilette
Mozart in China(Austria) Danny and Li Wei, two ten-year-old boys from Salzburg, spend an adventurous summer on the southern Chinese island o... More
The Big Wedding
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but with such a cast, there was no way I wasn't going to watch it at some point. And, inde... More
Bad Ass 3: Bad Asses on the Bayou
Reviewed by BAMF
The first one was alright. The second one sucked. I can't not finish a series once I've started it though. I also do like Danny Trejo and wh... More
Seroks
Reviewed by Chilette
One rainy night, a Xerox operator (Neil Ryan Sese) meets a mysterious woman, which leads him to a dark, passionate tale of duplicating fates... More
Silent Film
Reviewed by Chilette
SILENT FILM is a black and white sequence of contemporary urban life, jittery images, recorded by a 1940's motion picture camera, and a slee... More
Tusk
Reviewed by janezzz
I heard the plot for this movie and thought it was going to be extremely ridiculous. I watched it with a few friends and found that aside fr... More
On Golden Pond
Reviewed by Michael M
On Golden Pond deserves the title of “something you don’t see every day”. Movies which deal with old age don’t usually become box o... More
Sunset Boulevard
Reviewed by Michael M
Despite Louis B. Mayer’s comments to Billy Wilder that “You have disgraced the industry that made and fed you!”, I feel Sunset Bouleva... More
Double Indemnity
Reviewed by Michael M
I've never thought much of Fred MacMurray as an actor, he strikes me as serviceable but never an enigmatic screen presence. His role as Walt... More
Life Itself
Reviewed by filmbuilder
When you hear the word critic, who's the first critic you think of? I'm probably guessing Roger Ebert, who was and still is the most famous ... More
The Keeper of Lost Causes
Reviewed by browser
Scandinavian crime fiction has been very much in vogue of late and The Keeper of Lost Causes is the sort of typical police procedural that i... More
The Host
Reviewed by TheTravellerTimeLady
I think this book is a hundred times better than the Twilight Series and I'm so glad Meyer left it to one book (a saga would have ruined it ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Twilight (Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Reviewed by TheTravellerTimeLady
The Twilight Saga has got to be the worst book series I've ever read. I tried reading all the books and I saw all the movies but they were j... More
Rabid
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Nowadays, David Cronenberg has become a respected director and he has specialized himself in some rather straightforward dramas but, at the ... More
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
Reviewed by BAMF
I really enjoyed the first two the latter actually being better in my opinion. I have been wanting to see this and just never really had the... More
The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye
Reviewed by Villiana
I didn’t read in my life too many comics and I must admit that it was a really nice change. I love The Walking Dead tv series, and I've al... More
Marwencol
Reviewed by Stehako
A film about a man who wants to wear high heels? Ok, there is far more to this documentary than that. In fact, it was a pretty damn intere... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »