Reviews > Recent reviews

Straight Outta Compton
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Straight Outta Compton is sprawling to the point where it begins to feel like its sputtering to the finish line. While it commits many of th... More
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been ages since I have this movie and maybe I should re-watch it at some point. In fact, I still remember very well the... More
Kamen Rider Kuuga
Reviewed by DavisChan
Kuuga is one of the best Kamen Rider Series I've ever seen. The characters, plot, songs... are perfect. I love all episodes except Ep.17, 31... More
Hedwig And The Angry Inch
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wonder how I actually ended up watching this flick. The main reason was probably that I kept hearing some really good things... More
The Sisterhood of Night
Reviewed by BAMF
Thoughts Before I Watched This: 1. I've actually been wanting to see this for awhile, but I never put forth any effort. 2. It has a fairly ... More
Love
Reviewed by BAMF
Thoughts Before I Watched This: 1. From the trailer I could tell this would have similar controversy like Nymphomaniac. 2. Then ever worse ... More
Boy & the World
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Boy and the World is not subtle in its political ideals, and the introduction of this element is jarring and clunky, but I’ve never seen a... More
Return to Ithaca
Reviewed by fernando
Quien ha pasado por ese techo habanero (todas las generaciones posrevolucionarias tienen ese techo confesional), entiende todo lo que aquí ... More
Brooklyn
Reviewed by fernando
Good story, of dilemma between love with a handsome poor italian Brooklyn and the stiff bachelor in the province. Ronan is good actress, she... More
Perdonami!
Reviewed by fernando
Effective melodrama, Vallone is so straight about his feelings for Lualdi that he despises Tamara Lees in every scene, thats ok; but the cal... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying...
Reviewed by fernando
Put aside Goerge C. Scott chewing gum in the war room while delivering too spoofy militarist lines; this is a great, happy, brilliant, cold ... More
The Last Metro
Reviewed by fernando
Warm, cinical, historically accurate (just in context) truffautian hommage to the theatre. The heart is not in the stage but in the cellar, ... More
Sunflower
Reviewed by fernando
First part is pure italian cliché, but when arrives to Russia and Loren is confronted with Marcello's new woman, everything gets better. More
It Follows
Reviewed by fernando
Conventionally subtle terror, sense of young group with split love between the guys. The isolation of 'strange people is following me' topic... More
Jersey Boys
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this movie but since it was directed by Clint Eastwood, I was still eager to check it out. First ... More
Masters of the Universe
Reviewed by Leo
I remember seeing this film as a double feature with "The Neverending Story" when my mom recorded it on VHS from an airing on TBS from 1993 ... More
The Visit
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Mom, there's something wrong with Nana and Pop Pop."The Visit may be an imperfect thriller which never quite engages or frightens like the ... More
Oh'oku
Reviewed by Lacey
Part 1:One night, a samurai Nakano Kiyoshige (Itao Itsuji) visits Nikkei (Tanaka Yoji), the chief priest of Chisenin, in the middle of heavy... More
Safelight
Reviewed by BAMF
Thoughts Before I Watched This: 1. I've never heard of this. 2. I was scrolling through Netflix and this caught my eye. 3. The plot seems in... More
Grease
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Yesterday, I proposed to my wife to watch a movie but since she didn't care for anything I had in mind, I suggested watched again this movie... More
The Transporter Refueled
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"It's like the Count said to his Musketeers, I don't cling to life sufficiently to fear death."The Transporter Refueled is at once wholly un... More
Foghorn Leghorn
Reviewed by tylerjewell89
I saw Foghorn Leghorn shorts on Looney Tunes at Warner Bros. Cartoons. I think it was funny and stooge for the cartoons in the studios. I th... More
Anomalisa
Reviewed by BAMF
Thoughts Before I Watched This: 1. I didn't realize it was literally only 3 actors for the whole thing. 2. I also thought it was CGI rather ... More
Birth of the Seanema
Reviewed by mirinbuddy
This is a very rare film,I was lucky to see it 10 years ago,. This experimental documentary is so beautiful like a poetry, shot in B&W ... More
Trumbo
Reviewed by JxSxPx
The pyrotechnics of the real Dalton Trumbo are strangely muted in this film, which positions him as some noble hero and Hedda Hopper as a cr... More
Shaun the Sheep Movie
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Ok, so maybe it’s not quite as wildly inventive as any of the Wallace and Gromit stuff, but Shaun the Sheep Movie is a great way to spend ... More
In the Heart of the Sea
Reviewed by BAMF
Thoughts Before I Watched This: 1. I been meaning to watch this for some time. 2. The story of Moby Dick was always fun and to see it's insp... More
Heartbreakers
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wonder how I actually ended up watching this flick. Indeed, it really looked lame but, somehow, I still ended up watching th... More
Mannenharten
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really expecting much from this flick but since my wife and I have a weak spot for romantic-comedies, I thought we might as well ... More
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Reviewed by Ricky49er
”I always find something wrong. You been putting up with my shit just way too long. I’m so gifted at finding what I don’t like the mos... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »