Reviews > Recent movie reviews

The Brothers McMullen
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, back in the 90’s, I had seen this movie and I was really impressed. Apparently, I wasn’t the only as it was ver... More
A Most Violent Year
Reviewed by BAMF
The premise for this caught my attention as well as the amazing cast. The acting is quite remarkable specifically from our two mains of cour... More
Sansho the Bailiff
Reviewed by mirinbuddy
A stunning powerful film and one of the best cinematic achievement how "art of cinema"could be ,breathtaking cinematography This film is so... More
Sirens
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In my opinion, this flick is a typical example of a guilty pleasure. Indeed, the whole thing is rather silly but I have to confess that I ac... More
Sidewalks of New York
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, back in the 90’s, I had seen ‘The Brothers McMullen’ and I was really impressed. Indeed, it was very well rec... More
Snowpiercer
Reviewed by Star Alchemist
Full of mixed feelings after watching this movie. I say this because I simply loved Joon-ho Bong's direction, he was really capable putting ... More
Kill the Messenger
Reviewed by BAMF
I have to say until watching this I don't recall seeing anything about it. Although I should have seeing as I find Jeremy Renner a remarkabl... More
The Lion King
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Disney is right now going through another renaissance and the peak of this renaissance will probably be 'Frozen' (it is rather improbable th... More
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Reviewed by DuckNation
Well we got two biblical films in 2014 and just like Darren Aronosfky's "Noah" Ridley Scott's "Exodus: Gods and Kings" is a underwhelming an... More
The Gambler
Reviewed by BAMF
I usually enjoy Mark Wahlberg movies so when I saw this was coming out I knew I would be checking it out. I had no idea this was a remake ho... More
Swordfish
Reviewed by speckles
Question: Were parts of this movie really filmed in Midland, Texas? I've read different things, so I'm curious now. Thanks! More
Family Way
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't really expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Carice van Houten, I was still eager to check it out. Eventu... More
Budo: The Art of Killing
Reviewed by Marian
Even though it has some interesting footage and shows the highlights of various Japanese martial arts, this documentary feels a little too s... More
Big Hero 6
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this one forever and finally got the chance. It looked hilarious and awesome at the same time so I knew I had to ... More
The Big Trail
Reviewed by fernando
Long paced because of landscape, of 'grandeur' and not just because of narrative choice. Wayne is natural and ok, but not in the 'arenga'. T... More
Welcome to New York
Reviewed by fernando
I like the dirty imperfect director´s cut. It takes time, for Ferrara and for the espectator, to get inside Depardieu. Firts part is almost... More
Paris Blues
Reviewed by fernando
Ritt visits Paris with old cliches and some other in the making (free black people, jazz joints, gipsy addicts as Serge Reggiani etc.). Newm... More
Birdman
Reviewed by BAMF
At first when I saw there was a trailer for this I actually thought it was a comic book movie about Birdman. Instead it's about a guy who pl... More
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Reviewed by Stehako
I was hoping this would improve on the first because, well that's what people said it did, and then it turned out to be the same as the firs... More
Shining Through
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie did receive some rather abysmal reviews when it was released, I wasn't expecting much but since I always had a weak spot f... More
The Imitation Game
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been interested since I saw the trailer for this. I think Benedict Cumberbatch is an amazing actor. Here he leads an amazing cast of ... More
Inherent Vice
Reviewed by BAMF
See I always confuse the Directors Paul Thomas Anderson, Paul W.S. Anderson, and Wes Anderson because they all have similar names. They are ... More
Sitcom
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember it very well, I saw this movie in the movie theater at the time. Back then, there was a lot of talk because it was François Ozon... More
Firehouse Dog
Reviewed by cteddiesgirl
Cute Family film. No, this isn't great cinema. Yes, some of the "tricks" the dog did were obviously not real to my adult eyes. The stor... More
The Angels' Share
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this flick but since I have been following Ken Loach's work for almost 20 years by now, I was still... More
Taken 3
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"If you go down this road, the LAPD, the FBI, the CIA... they're all gonna come for you. They'll find you. And they'll stop you." Despite... More
Ash Wednesday
Pompeii
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since Nick, my step-son, was really eager to check it, I bought the dvd to watch the ... More
Unbroken
Reviewed by JuanitaWeb
up to I saw the paycheck which said $7094 , I have faith that my neighbour was like they say truley making money parttime at there labtop. .... More
The Big House
Reviewed by Michael M
I suspect The Big House helped give birth to many of the conventions and staples which have come to define prison films. Many of the classic... More