Reviews > Recent movie reviews

The Purge
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really expecting much from this flick but the concept had some potential so I thought I might as well check it out. Well, first o... More
Drop Zone
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
If I remember it correctly, I actually saw this flick in the movie theater when it was released. I know, it might sound like a daft idea but... More
Only God Forgives
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
2 years after the massive cult-classic ‘Drive’, Nicolas Winding Refn and Ryan Gosling came back with this new project and, of course, th... More
The Call Up
Reviewed by BAMF
I enjoy video game style movies like Gamer so I figured I would give this one a shot. This looks to be the debut for writer/director Charles... More
Akira Kurosawa's Dreams
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
My first contact with this movie was actually rather weird. Indeed, when I was a teenager, I used to smoke weed from time to time with my bu... More
Dr. T and the Women
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have noticed that this movie has a rather lame reputation. Indeed, according to Imdb, it is in fact the worst movie ever directed by Rober... More
The Trigger Effect
Reviewed by BAMF
I have actually never heard of this before. I ended up coming across this while exploring Netflix. I read the description and it caught my a... More
Kung Fu Panda 3
Reviewed by BAMF
I highly enjoyed the first one. The second one was decent. I'm not sure how I feel about there being a third one. I'm going to watching it t... More
The Draughtsman's Contract
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wonder how I ended up watching this movie but I think it was because the critic in the TV mag was pretty good. Anyway, even though I didn... More
The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Like most of the kids growing up in France, I saw many animated features starring Astérix and Obélix. I especially loved ‘Astérix et Cl... More
Eraserhead
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This was David Lynch's full length feature directing debut and it took him about 5 years to finish it with not much of a financial backing. ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago 1 comment
Get a Job
Reviewed by Joyce
無聊時看看可以,會回想到剛出社會找工作時的熱誠和夢想... kind of realistic... pursue dream or stay in reality with... More
The Waterboy
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Can you believe that this movie was, at some point, the highest grossing sports comedy of all time? For some reasons, I didn’t manage to w... More
The Ouija Experiment 2: Theatre of Death
Reviewed by BAMF
I almost forgot that I had planned to watch this sequel. The first one was bad, but I like to finish what I start. Also I have to warn other... More
Cell
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been waiting for this to come out forever. I loved the book. I also get my geek on when any Stephen King book gets an adaptation. It ... More
Warcraft
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to watch this since I heard it was coming. The game was fun when I had the money to play it all the time. I also think t... More
Warcraft
Reviewed by worthlesssoul
Вот и настал этот момент. После долгих лет съемок, смены режиссёров и прочей ... More
Knock Knock
Reviewed by Joyce
Can't believe I just watched the whole movie in the morning & do nothing else. Don't understand why Keanu Reeves take this film. But I must ... More
The Finest Hours
Reviewed by Joyce
Based on a true story. I knew this fact after I watched the movie. It seems unbelievable that Bernie really did drive such a small boat to s... More
Goosebumps
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"All the monsters I've ever created are locked inside these books. But when they open..."The Goosebumps brand was tremendously popular in th... More
Horns
Reviewed by Christian
This movie starts out good, it could develop into something nice. The ending is pretty weird and unsatisfying though. I read up on the sourc... More
Two Days, One Night
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since the Dardenne brothers are probably some of the best directors in the world right now, obviously, I was really eager to check their las... More
My Fair Lady
Reviewed by DavisChan
JUNE 23RD, 2015 Great performance (Rex Harrison), great songs, great ending but the plot is awful and long, it's very easy to make you feel ... More
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Reviewed by DavisChan
JUNE 22ND, 2015 Funny but the plot is very poor and dumb. I don't like it although I laughed many times. Too overrated! More
Mystic River
Reviewed by DavisChan
JUNE 15TH, 2015 Good and simple movie, but it was robbed! LOTR: Return of the King was the Oscar winner for Best Picture in 2004. Why did it... More
Gladiator
Reviewed by DavisChan
MAY 30TH, 2015 Long and boring movie, poor acting and I wasted 3 hours for this film. The worst Oscar winner for Best Picture (Crouching Tig... More
Heat
Reviewed by DavisChan
MAY 28TH, 2015Meaningful title, Heat. Heat is the word that describes stress. The stressful relationship between Vincent and his wife, Neil ... More
Poltergeist
Reviewed by DavisChan
MAY 28TH, 2015Horror movie? No! Poltergeist is the mix of comedy and poor imagination about ghost. Too boring, they stole me 3.5 dollars. On... More
The Godfather
Reviewed by DavisChan
NOVEMBER 30TH, 2014 The classic , perfect movie that I've ever seen , the best film of all time just behind Shawshank Redemption . I love th... More
Full Metal Jacket
Reviewed by DavisChan
MAY 3RD, 2015This film is overated! This is a big disappointment! There are 2 parts. In part I, I can see a hard training of a group of new... More