Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Guardians of the Galaxy
Reviewed by Sarah!
I have to applaud the effort Marvel do with all of their films, they are hard to fault. I agree this was very good, but It's not something I... More
Ouija
Reviewed by Sarah!
OH MY GOD. I NEED SOMETHING MORE THAN THIS, AND IF THIS MOVIE HASN'T GIVEN IT TO ME, THE PYRAMID COMING OUT SOON FUCKING WILL. THIS IS PATHE... More
The Lookalike
Reviewed by Sarah!
Not sure to think about this one. Richard Grey is a director who lacks something, and it came across on this film. It's like actors didn't e... More
Don't Blink
Reviewed by Sarah!
A good try and I liked the story to it, it had a lot of character driven elements instead of focusing on what the premise is to this film. T... More
Eight Below
Reviewed by Sarah!
I thought this was a very engaging film, it had you hooked from the moment it even started. It had such a sweet cast and even though one of ... More
Jessabelle
Reviewed by Sarah!
Not the best Thriller ever, was really not a horror either. Nothing scary about it, the story was just OK, and the cast were just OK, the wh... More
The Brothers Bloom
Reviewed by Sarah!
Pretty average drama. I mean it had a great cast and they really did do well. I just found it boring for the most part, nothing wanted me to... More
Locke
Reviewed by Sarah!
A fun and thrilling ride. Has a good story and very good lead, a good lead that it's hard to find any faults in his performances in this mov... More
A Merry Friggin' Christmas
Reviewed by Sarah!
A crap film. Yes Robin Williams in one of the last films of his entire career. It was meant to be the best for last but I'm sure he's up the... More
Interstellar
Reviewed by DuckNation
Christopher Nolan's Interstellar is a awe-inspiring, powerful, and thought-provoking film that leans heavily on human emotions. Now of cours... More
Shoot the Piano Player
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I was a huge fan of ‘Les quatre cents coups’, I was really eager to check François Truffaut’s following directing effort. To be... More
Beastly
Reviewed by SMilkshake
I was expecting a lot more from this, even though I knew it was going to be cliché and that the plot was going to be familiar etc.The posit... More
Lucy
Reviewed by shiran
BIZARRE! Don't loose your time with this crap. It may pretend to be a good movie until the first hour, but it turns into madness and nonsens... More
Non-Stop
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
When it comes to stupid movies, you can't get much more stupid than Non-Stop. This addition to Liam Neeson's ever expanding repertoire of g... More
Breakfast of Champions
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though this movie had received some really pathetic reviews, since I always had a weak spot for Bruce Willis, I was still eager to che... More
Morgan Stewart's Coming Home
Reviewed by djprojexion
Morgan Stewart's Coming Home is a nice little teen comedy from the 80s starring the always likeable Jon Cryer. This was one of those movies ... More
Inferno
Reviewed by djprojexion
Inferno is Dario Argento's masterpiece, thanks in part to a near collaborative effort from Italian horror pioneer Mario Bava. As the second ... More
Touch of Evil
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though he did manage to direct arguably the greatest movie ever made, Orson Welles did have one very tumultuous career but some of his ... More
The Tale of Despereaux
Reviewed by SMilkshake
Having read this book a while back and enjoyed quite a lot, I have got to say I was at the least a bit disappointed with this film.Not that ... More
Treasure Planet
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Right now, Disney seems to have again a revival folllowing the massive success of ‘Wreck-It Ralph’, ‘Frozen’ and the recent ‘Big H... More
Crows Explode
Reviewed by BAMF
So I loved the first 2 Crows Zero films the second of which is my favorite so far. Takashi Miike doesn't return to direct this third install... More
Suspiria
Reviewed by djprojexion
Suspiria is like a ride through an amusement park funhouse with candy-colored lights, eerie music, and scares that come out of nowhere. Hitc... More
Tenebre
Reviewed by djprojexion
Tenebre marked a return to traditional giallo mode for Argento, departing from the surreal, colorful world of witches and alchemy. Which mea... More
The Colossus of Rhodes
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I had seen all the movies directed by Sergio Leone, except for this one, of course, I was really eager to check it out. It is actually... More
Sex Ed
Reviewed by BAMF
It's nice to see Haley Joel Osment in a lead role again. I have to admit he has aged oddly. For a movie called Sex Ed you would have to expe... More
Ouija
Reviewed by BAMF
Dear Hollywood will you please quit putting Lin Shaye in everything I want to see! I do not like her and that all started with her in Dead E... More
Magic Mike
Reviewed by dosy
I just watched Snowpiercer and Magic Mike, back-to-back. The latter was a good relief for the former, so while their wrappings are totally d... More
If I Stay
Reviewed by BAMF
This is director R.J. Cutler's first non-documentary style movie so it should be interesting to see how he fares. The plot isn't that origin... More
Dracula Untold
Reviewed by BAMF
I have to say the title says it all since nobody has thought to tell this story in cinema. There are several Game of Thrones actors in this ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Dest...
Reviewed by Emily J.
I have said before that Generation 6 might be the best generation of Pokemon (or at least the X Version). I can't say the same for the anime... More