Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Mighty Aphrodite
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick. Indeed, 20 years ago, I even saw the damned thing in the movie theater when... More
Grizzly Man
Reviewed by fernando
One of the best late Herzog's. Most of the material is Treadwell's but Herzog organization and explanation is ok. His decision of not showin... More
The Wild Blue Yonder
Reviewed by fernando
In spite of too long space ingravity ballets, its amusing ans interesting to follow the intriguing SF theory in the words of Dourif More
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I was actually really surprised that they went forward with this sequel. Indeed, one of my most popular lists is about failed ... More
Pinocchio
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though I was pretty sure that I saw this movie when I was a kid, when I finally re-watched it with my own children, I didn't remember m... More
Run All Night
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"I'm the only one ever cared about you. And all of that ended an hour ago when you killed my son. I'm comin' after your boy with everything ... More
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At the beginning of the 90's, after directing movies for already 20 years, Clint Eastwood finally emerged as a major director thanks to the ... More
Midnight Run
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
As you may have noticed, I’m a very obsessive movie watcher and one of my very first obsession was/is Robert De Niro. Indeed, I just love ... More
Air
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I only knew about this because of an interview with Norman Reedus. He is basically the only reason I had interest in the fi... More
Get Hard
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"This ain't no longer your house, man! We in San Quentin now!" A lot of criticisms have been levelled against 2015’s Get Hard, with mos... More
Spare Parts
Reviewed by Reno
If you are wondering this is a B movie, I would say yes, but no. Because I have seen some of this director's movies and he gives the best in... More
Kajaki
Reviewed by Reno
Once I finished watching, said 'wow'. It can mean in many ways like the movie was stunning, edgy and probably best war flick of the 2014. Ye... More
Cake
Reviewed by Reno
Might be this is what I was expecting from Aniston from a long ago. Since break-up with Brad Pitt, probably after 'Marley & Me', she has not... More
City of Industry
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I had this movie on DVD like forever, I thought it was really time to watch... More
The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is rather funny to think that, back in those days, Milla Jovovich was not linked to all these dreadful Resident Evil flicks but she was t... More
The Matrix Revolutions
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
If 'The Matrix Reloaded' turned out to be a big critical failure, it was actually nothing compared to how poorly this last installment was r... More
The Hangover
Reviewed by filmbuilder
‘The Hangover’ is pretty hilarious most of the time. It’s quite possibly the best comedy film since ‘Borat’ and features some funn... More
Arabian Nights
Reviewed by JxSxPx
A near carbon copy of The Thief of Bagdad in tone and material, but without that film’s artistry and fantasy, Arabian Nights is Saturday m... More
Jungle Book
Reviewed by JxSxPx
After blowing fellow child actor, Desmond Tester, out of the water with his naturalism in stark contrast to Tester’s stage-bound acting te... More
The Drum
Reviewed by JxSxPx
After the enormous success of Elephant Boy, producer Alexander Korda signed Sabu to an exclusive contract, smart move, and rushed this film ... More
Elephant Boy
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Lots of actors make debut film appearances with roles that perfectly match their skills and charisma, but Sabu’s role here is a piece of a... More
Contempt
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie. Furthermore, I have to admit that I always had some rather mixed feelings ab... More
My Nights Are More Beautiful Than Your Days
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Before watching this movie, I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this flick but I thought the title was pretty neat and it seemed to b... More
Hideaway (Le refuge)
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It had been quite a while since I saw a movie directed by François Ozon, so I was quite eager to check this one. I’m not sure if Ozon is ... More
Now, Voyager
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Because it’s hard to think what to say about ‘Now, Voyager’, I will say that while it’s hard it is still a good movie. It features a... More
Beauty and the Beast
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
After being overshadowed for nearly 2 decades by their own Pixar and even by Dreamworks, Disney is finally going through another renaissance... More
American Sniper
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie was a huge box-office success and since I always had a weak spot for Clint Eastwood's work, I was really eager to check thi... More
The Croods
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I didn't even know this before but, before this movie was released, DreamWorks Animation was apparently on the verge of bankruptcy. Indeed, ... More
The Queen
Reviewed by filmbuilder
‘The Queen’ depicts the British Royal Family’s response to the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997 and stars Helen Mirren as the... More
The Birds
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I figured I should check out a supposedly reliable classic that I've never seen. I always enjoy a good Hitchcock film. I re... More