Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Elephant White
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Djimon Hounsou and Kevin Bacon, I thought I might as well check it ... More
Interstellar
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though I had pretty much enough of the fanatism surrounding Christopher Nolan, I still have to admit that the guy displayed once again ... More
Dear White People
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember seeing the trailer for this and knowing that this was definitely something I wanted to see. The cast is amazing and the character... More
War and Peace
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I have a weak spot for Audrey Hepburn and even more for Henry Fonda, I was quite eager to check this flick, even though it was a rath... More
Super Duper Alice Cooper
Reviewed by Henry Krinkle
Watch the Behind the Music instead. You'll glean about the same amount of information (hell, probably more), in half the time. Where there's... More
The Only Game in Town
Reviewed by fernando
Stagey in spite of good Decae's photo and Stevens directorial touches, because its episodic with long dialogues; but ypu canfeel the desert ... More
They Came Together
Reviewed by fernando
Nice, cute, funny little, NY, metalinguistic romantic comedy. It laughs at all the topics and cliches of its genre. More
Five Miles to Midnight
Reviewed by fernando
Inverosimile plot, 'dead' Perkins can't stay with Loren if the film doesn't bild up a psycho atmosphere. An Litvak doesn't. Loren is forced ... More
The Emperor of Peru
Reviewed by fernando
So rare and subversive film for kids. Liz, the older, tells Hoang, the refugée, that he is gonna marry his mother and kiss her as in TV, !a... More
Coherence
Reviewed by fernando
Simple, effective, it goes ok till the confusing and mathematic middle, but ends in a good stroll of Em gazing through windows to her other ... More
Take Shelter
Reviewed by Rath
In general, movies of fantasy genre try to make believable a incredible situation. With "Take Shelter" is exactly the opposite. ... More
Napoleon Dynamite
Reviewed by SMilkshake
I always wondered where those "Vote For Pedro" shirts everyone always references were from...and who this meme dude was...I guess I know now... More
The Thing
Reviewed by Shanell
The fuck did I just watch? I don't even know why because it looked like the weirdest creature I EVER seen! It's an Eldritch Abomination! I d... More
Radio
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this movie but since I have a weak spot for Ed Harris, I thought I might as well give it a try. To ... More
Time Bandits
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I have always been interested in Terry Gilliam’s work, I was really eager to check this flick. Basically, it is another cult classic... More
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Reviewed by dosy
Days of Future Past was so middle-of-the-road mediocre that I have little to say beyond, "cool effects, dude." The action scene with Peter/Q... More
The Babadook
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember seeing the trailer for this and it looked interesting enough. However it didn't seem like something I would rush to see or hype a... More
Big Hero 6
Reviewed by JR1220
Have to say, a very fun and visually stunning movie. A richer story than most movies for kids. I look forward to seeing more stories featur... More
Last Night
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I had this dvd for so long (almost 2 years), I thought it was really time to watch the damned thing. First of all, there was a really ... More
Opera
Reviewed by djprojexion
Dario Argento's Opera could be considered one of the last truly great films in the maestro's canon. It sets itself apart from the rest by sh... More
The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It
Reviewed by Shanell
I am still feeling like if it was Halloween because I love the movie because it had "Halloween elements" on it. Halloween elements are like ... More
Disaster Movie
Reviewed by Shanell
I'm so fucking pissed off about the movie so I watched it and I was like.......OH SHIT! THAT MOVIE WAS SO FUCKING UNFUNNY, IT WILL BLOW YOUR... More
2001: A Space Travesty
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Obviously, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but it managed to be even worse than I expected. To be honest, I have never been a huge f... More
Titan A.E.
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At the end of the 70’s, Don Bluth decided to leave Disney and, right away, he went to direct his own animated features. In the 80’s, he ... More
Interstellar
Reviewed by Reno
Well, one off from two of this year's most expected movies alongside 'The Battle of Five Armies'. Like all the Chris Nolan fans, I was equal... More
The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewed by Reno
The director might be soaring after back to back success. Interestingly, both the films dealt with writers, but the main themes were romance... More
Tequila Sunrise
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I don’t know why exactly but I always thought that this movie (especially its title) sounded really cool. On top of that, there was a real... More
Tess
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and I should probably re-watch it at some point to make up my mind for good about... More
Guardians of the Galaxy
Reviewed by catcarlo
Forse sono rimasti sorpresi anche in casa Disney e Marvel: quello che pareva il brutto anatroccolo in mezzo a film di supereroi belli e musc... More
Tokyo Tribe
Reviewed by Oneslayerlover
Risible, misogynistic nonsense, a couple of funny moments and might have been better if the rappers could actually rap. The opening is revol... More