Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Logan
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, you have to give some credit to Hugh Jackman as he managed to end his impressive 17 years run as Wolverine with finally a decent so... More
Manchester by the Sea
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *Honestly I knew almost nothing about this before watching it. *All I knew is that people said it was really well done but very sad. ... More
Manchester by the Sea
Reviewed by Dogma Al Medio
Manchester By The Sea is one of the most boring things that i saw this 2016. The directing and cinematography was competent, but the editing... More
Pushing Hands
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie was the last one directed by Ang Lee that I hadn't watch so far, of course, I was really eager to watch the damned thing. W... More
The Book of Life
Reviewed by cabrerawrk
Lo más gracioso es que cada vez encuentro más la cinta mucho más corta de lo que originalmente es. Pero es una decente cinta animada que ... More
Hacksaw Ridge
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though Mel Gibson has been rather struggling as an actor ever since his return in 2010, many argued that he made a major come-back as a... More
Passengers
Reviewed by Gaku Mega
Pasajeros tiene una idea interesante. ¿Que pasaría si ya los humanos al momento de mudarse a un nuevo planeta, durante el trayecto, es má... More
Last Summer
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Mark Thiedeman may eventually prove a director worth watching, but he needs to learn when to edit things down. I firmly believe that Last Su... More
Gantz: O
Reviewed by Gaku Mega
Nunca he visto algo de Gantz en mi vida, y esta pelicula me entretuvo bastante en las cosas que pasaban y como me introducía a la franquici... More
Citizenfour
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though I barely watch the news nowadays, like everyone else, I know who Edward Snowden is but, to be honest, when he came up with his b... More
Sunset Boulevard
Reviewed by Dark Shadows
This movie features some of the finest set design (by legendary Hans Dreier) in any movie, this alone would be enough to create a fascinatin... More
Bio-Dome
Reviewed by cabrerawrk
The horror... The horror... (solo porque de verdad no puedo darle menos); la peor comedia stoner jamas hecha; y eso es decirlo todo. More
The Red Turtle
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Is this a dream, a fairy tale, a hallucination, or simply a story told with elements of magic realism? It doesn’t demand our attention wit... More
My Life as a Zucchini
Reviewed by JxSxPx
An animated story about a group of orphans that looks like moving Play-Doh and is a co-production between France and Switzerland. Does this ... More
Lion
Reviewed by fernando
Tear jerker with some 'quest of identity', deep reaons betwenn adopted children and adopting parents. More
In the Heart of the Sea
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Back in 2013, Ron Howard and Chris Hemsworth made together 'Rush' which was a box-office flop but, at least, it was very well received and, ... More
20th Century Women
Reviewed by JxSxPx
As with his prior film, Beginners, Mike Mills excels at telling stories in which the major drama is just the pains, sorrows, and growths of ... More
Elle
Reviewed by JxSxPx
The thorniest, iciest character study I’ve seen in quite some time, and that isn’t a criticism. Elle is provocative material played with... More
Apollo 13
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *I honestly haven't seen this until now. *It's one of Bill Paxton's biggest films so in honor of him I decided to check it out final... More
Flesh and Fantasy
Reviewed by fernando
Duvivier and his sketches,worse if they're relates as this time. But it's imposble to despise such a cast and tue weirdness of the stories: ... More
Hacksaw Ridge
Reviewed by Valentín Bricca
"Hacksaw Ridge" o "Hasta el Ultimo Hombre" es la ultima película dirigida por Mel Gibson, polémico director responsable de filmes como "La... More
Arrival
Reviewed by Valentín Bricca
"Arrival" o "La Llegada" es una película sobre alienigenas que no destaca realmente en algo a diferencia de muchas otras películas de su m... More
Skin
Reviewed by Coal Glow Serum Review
Nice. More
Emil und die Detektive
Reviewed by fernando
Tender, simple, film in the streets of Berlin. Trascendent adventure without any ambition of being so. Wilder before laughing at everything. More
Riding High
Reviewed by fernando
The flavour is in details, in support characters as loser Raymond Walburn flirting with Margaret Hamilton, William 'happy' Demarest, the son... More
Key to the City
Reviewed by fernando
Modern comedy (a convention of mayors in Frisco, with urban infreastructure being sold in the lobby) with old clisés and storytelling. Good... More
Hurry Sundown
Reviewed by fernando
A minor Premminger in despite of cast, consciousness and topic. It lacks Tennesee Willimans or Faulkner's decadence or southern charisma. At... More
Hell or High Water
Reviewed by fernando
Echoes of road movie, new tex mex thriller, fury on the road, a brother redeemed in making his bro rich without aparent guilt, and Jeff Brid... More
The LEGO Batman Movie
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Usually, the first movie I see each year turns out to be pretty lame. For example, in 2016, I started the year with 'The Fifth Wave' which t... More
The LEGO Batman Movie
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *I loved The Lego Movie when that came out. *Batman was one of the funniest things about that one. *So when they were going to go ahe... More