Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Hidden Figures
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *This was the second choice for me and my wife to see when we finally made it together. *Taraji P. Henson and Janelle Monae were enou... More
Loving
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *I have been wanting to see this forever as it made way for the kind of life I would live. *I waited to see it only so I could see it... More
Pink Floyd: The Wall
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I already saw this movie but since it was a while back and since I had it on DVD, I was quite eager to check it out again.  Well, first of ... More
Justice League Dark
Reviewed by lucianor
No esta mal, pero podria estar mucho, mucho mejor, y por que carajos esta Batman? Osea el me encanta pero se supone que trata de hechiceros,... More
Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following the masssive critical and commercial success of ‘Life of Pi’, many, including myself, were expecting a lot from Ang Lee’s ne... More
Hidden Figures
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Are we slowly seeing the burgeoning of a new sub-genre? Something along the lines of “science is fucking awesome,” with recent entries b... More
Killing Season
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, since most of the movies involving Robert De Niro and John Travolta nowadays are some direct-to-dvd releases, it didn’t expe... More
Certain Women
Reviewed by fernando
In episodic films the first and the last stories are the best. No exception in this film. Women are discriminated or at least misunderstood,... More
Things to Come
Reviewed by fernando
La philosophie quotidien. Every fact has to deal with future in an illuminating and harmonious way. I like when Isabelle tells the priest th... More
Loving
Reviewed by fernando
Great story well narrated and not many more about it. Mildred is a bit incoherent, too selfconscious some times, too shy some times. The imt... More
Hacksaw Ridge
Reviewed by fernando
The best Gibson. In his extremely high clue, after a long exposition of peace and civilization values in the US, with romance and all that t... More
Tangerine
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this movie and the main reason I wanted to check it out was because it was included last year in ... More
Florence Foster Jenkins
Reviewed by JxSxPx
So, I guess we’re just throwing Oscar nominations at Meryl Streep for any old role nowadays. Post-Adaptation (what a performance that was!... More
Lost in Translation
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Perderse nunca se ha sentido tan bien. Esta película lo demuestra, gracias a su fotografía, banda sonora y caracteres tridimensionales (de... More
Shadow Dancer
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I really had no idea what ot expect from this movie but since I always had a weak spot for James Mash's work, I thought I might as well chec... More
The Lion King
Reviewed by etmahoney
Box office $ 968.5 million The Lion King is acclaimed to be one of the best and if not the best Disney film of all time. Well lets find out... More
Bad Teacher
Reviewed by etmahoney
There is a certain energy in that movie. Especially at the beginning when Cameron Diaz seems invincible she has the time of her life (almost... More
Lars and the Real Girl
Reviewed by mirinbuddy
A Delightful Movie ! Very Funny , lovely,and touching How should I know weird film like this thought us much about love. If everybody loves... More
Jackie
Reviewed by JxSxPx
There are two different films colliding throughout Jackie, one about the days after JFK’s assassination, this one is generic if well acted... More
Carol
Reviewed by mirinbuddy
gorgeous cinematography, fine performances, good filmmaking  but the story is so lame,uninteresting characters. disappointing. I've seen b... More
Alien
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In 2017, Ridley Scott will come up with another installment for this franchise and, hopefully, it will be better than 'Prometheus' which see... More
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this movie but a year after Bowie's death, the BBC decided to broadcast this movie and since it had... More
Punch-Drunk Love
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Una rara pero refrescante forma para reinventarse, hablando del director y de Adam Sandler (quien creo que ofrece su mejor actuación y pers... More
Donnie Darko
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Fantástica cinta independiente, confusa (a primera vista), entretenida, alucinante y errónea en ocasiones, es una cinta que no se debe dej... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying...
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Una gran sátira entre sátiras; una cinta que deja a entender la discreta estupidez del ser humano al uso de la bomba nuclear y sus persona... More
The Room
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Como película en sí, es una mierda (guión, dirección y actuaciones risibles y malas). Pero es mucho más satisfactorio agarrarla como un... More
The Boy and the Beast
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Será la más criticada (o la mas manipuladora) de Hosoda, pero al menos es encantadora, posee personajes interesantes y una bocanada de ele... More
The Road To El Dorado
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Una película predecible hasta el cansancio, con tus numeritos de música, chistes y personajes; sin embargo, de vez en cuando la película ... More
The Invitation
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Un triller/drama que pasa una hora de su duración para armar lo que sería un desarollo lento, pero apropiado para una solida, inquietante ... More
Napoleon Dynamite
Reviewed by Enrique Omar
Una película de desadaptados sociales hecha para desadaptados sociales; ahí radica una de las comedias más encantadoras, peculiares y per... More