Reviews > Recent movie reviews

The Host
Reviewed by Asiana
Halloween month is almost over, and I want to make the final review of the South Korean monster horror with a little comedy, The Host. Made ... More
The Invasion
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Ah, The Invasion a movie compromised by committee interference and the last minute decision to bring in not only the Wachowskis to rewrite t... More
Million Dollar Baby
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Sometimes Clint Eastwood’s penchant for fast, loose, and cheap directing projects ends up working in the film’s favor, and other times i... More
The Manchurian Candidate
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Not a direct remake of the sweaty, paranoid original by John Frankenheimer, but another adaptation of the source material, this version of T... More
Wonder Woman
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In a couple of weeks, I'm supposed to go to see 'Justice League' and I was really eager to watch before this first installment involving the... More
Thor: Ragnarok
Reviewed by walterwhite
Ok, this movie was not as good as they say I have things to say about this the created worlds are good also the costume designs was passable... More
Here's the Plan
Reviewed by walterwhite
I gonna be faster with this Short film The story I also think it's predictable but I thought it would happen when I saw it The animatio... More
Tender Is the Night
Reviewed by fernando
Last Henry King, a bit washed Fitzgerald because don´t see the sexual undertones that has to bright in Robards/Jones relation. Jones a bit ... More
The Romantic Exiles
Reviewed by fernando
Pequeñita pero con el aliento de su título, 3 caracteres en busca de sus puntos románticos en Francia, más blablablá que acción, pero,... More
The Romantic Exiles
Exotica
Reviewed by fernando
Overserated Egoyan, maybe because is more erotica than exotica, and every character has a strange motifs and pervertions. Koteas is fine dec... More
Endless Poetry
Reviewed by fernando
Segunda parte de una cantada, eso espero, trilogía, que debiera acabar en París. La primera me conmovió, esta me divierte, me gana por su... More
Lady Macbeth
Reviewed by fernando
Cold, simple, direct, you get into the characters in the close ups, but when they commit a crime and the frame becomes neutral. More
The Other Side of Hope
Reviewed by fernando
The syrian guy is so kaurismakian, so determined when makes his eruption from the black coal an ed then takes a shower, so obsesive and sere... More
Personal Shopper
Reviewed by fernando
Assayas can't tell anything without contrived, ultrasofisticated in functions but not in mind, stylized, pretty characters. And somehow, wit... More
The Killing
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I already saw this movie but since it was a while back and since I had it on DVD, I was really eager to check it out again. Well, even thoug... More
Shrek
Reviewed by sydneyjean
As a kid, I had Shrek glass cups. I watched this movie a long time ago. I still have those cups today. This movie was a 9/10. More
Ice Age
Reviewed by sydneyjean
I remember watching this movie when I was 10 years old. I loved it. I never watched the next 4 Ice Age movies because I know that the origin... More
Thor: Ragnarok
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I kept hearing some really good things about this movie, of course, I was really eager to watch the damned thing. And, indeed, it turn... More
Bro's Before Ho's
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I was pretty sure what to expect from this movie and the only reason I watched it was because I have a weak spot for Sylvia Ho... More
Blade Runner 2049
Reviewed by Max the Movie Guy
I am absolutely not sure where to pinpoint my feelings about this film. The fact that a person of my enthusiastic taste could be in the mino... More
Carol
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I kept hearing some really good things about this movie, I was really eager to check it out. Well, I wasn't disappointed, that's for s... More
Barton Fink
Reviewed by JxSxPx
What exactly is Barton Fink about, really? What do all of these vague symbols and political allusions add up to, and does the deeper “trut... More
The Wilde Wedding
Reviewed by fernando
Kind of mijalkovkian, light chejovian stuff in american Close Malkovich fashion, reunitin lovers better than forcing a relationship between ... More
The Queen of Spain
Reviewed by fernando
Trueba se divierte con tantos estereotipos sobre España. El y Penélope son un par de ellos. La política romantizada con un buen grupo de ... More
Badrinath Ki Dulhania
Reviewed by fernando
(Saw in a flight to Delhi). Refuse the dowry institution is not as sexy as making a zanny plot to pay it, and then lose the girl and win it ... More
The Adjuster
Reviewed by fernando
The adjuster adjusts everybodies stories, as Holm in Sweet Hereafter, and his is demonically adjusted by Bubba. More weird than fasocnating,... More
The Sweet Hereafter
Reviewed by fernando
Egoyan at its best. Holm excells as an angry mature man, trying to fix everbpody's tragedy but his with his yunki daughter. The Pied Piper m... More
Wildlike
Reviewed by shotgunbear
I thought this was going to be a dull and i would quit after 10 minuets but I was quite a take back from what i thought at first The plot wa... More
Paranoia
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie has a rather lame reputation, I wasn't expecting much but since there was a pretty cool cast involved and since it was avai... More