Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Life After Beth
Reviewed by BAMF
I like a good zombie movie especially when they try to tweak the story to tell a different kind of tale. The casting choices were an interes... More
Zombieland
Reviewed by MovieMoron
While watching this I couldn't help but think of the movie 'The Return of the Living Dead'. They're very similar in that they don't really h... More
Shaun of the Dead
Reviewed by MovieMoron
My rating for this movie isn't exactly how I feel about it. Meaning that I like it. I do, but I'm so overly familiar with it to the point th... More
Banshee Chapter
Reviewed by MovieMoron
MKUltra isn't as well known today (I don't think) unless you're familiar with it. I wasn't. That is why it was very ignorant on my part to t... More
The Burbs
Reviewed by MovieMoron
Before Tom Hanks was serious, he was funny. A lot of his earlier stuff was when he first starred in a short-lived sitcom called 'Bosom Buddi... More
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark
Reviewed by MovieMoron
Elvira, Mistress of the Dark is known as a television personality concocted by Cassandra Peterson. Elvira is known for hosting a television ... More
The Return of the Living Dead
Reviewed by MovieMoron
Dan O' Bannon, the writer of such classics like 'Alien' & 'Dark Star', made his first directorial debut with 'The Return of the Living Dead'... More
Night of the Living Dead
Reviewed by MovieMoron
In the late sixties, George Romero set out with a limited budget to make a monster movie that would revolutionize a genre. It would be a lit... More
Dawn of the Dead
Reviewed by MovieMoron
It would take George Romero ten years after 'Night of the Living Dead' before he could make the 2nd chapter in his Living Dead Movies. This ... More
Day of the Dead
Reviewed by MovieMoron
After 'Dawn of the Dead' reached a considerable amount of fans and was hailed as the greatest horror movie ever made by Roger Ebert, it took... More
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Reviewed by BAMF
Wes Anderson is quite a unique director who always makes his films visually remarkable. He is known for his constant unusual visual storytel... More
Red Dawn
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Nowadays, they make remakes for pretty much everything and, this time, they went for a feature from the 80's which might be considered as a... More
Tusk
Reviewed by Exclusive
"Are you really mourning your humanity? I don't understand, who in the hell would want to be human?" I used to be a huge Kevin Smith fan.... More
Toad Road
Reviewed by MovieMoron
There's a tragic irony to the events that take place in the movie Toad Road. Shortly before the film premiered in 2012 one of it's actors di... More
Milius
Reviewed by MovieMoron
The Man. The Myth. The Legend. John Milius was all of these things and more in the world of Hollywood. A writer, a film director and a self-... More
Blue Jasmine
Reviewed by MovieMoron
Woody Allen returns with a darker edge to this interesting take on mental illness. New York socialites can be a great subject to ridicule as... More
The Book of Eli
Reviewed by browser
Although I am a fan of all things post-apocalyptic I found this to be rather disappointing. It did have some things going for it - the cine... More
Tatie Danielle
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Étienne Chatiliez is not really famous abroad but he always had a very solid reputation in France. Indeed, his 3 first movies all became ma... More
Tusk
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been waiting for this one since I heard it was coming out. I love Kevin Smith movies and I enjoy that he is expanding his genres. The... More
Sorry, Wrong Number
Reviewed by fernando
Too aged. Its false modernism rests in its real time narration, but it is destroyed but too long pone conversations, !treated as flashbacks ... More
The Last Days on Mars
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been meaning to check this out for awhile now, but other movies had been available to me beforehand. Now I'm getting the chance. Ther... More
Nymphomaniac: Volume I
Reviewed by MovieMoron
The movie lingers for a long time in the first few mins in the black screen of emptiness as background noises cloud our ears. You immediatel... More
Nymphomaniac: Volume II
Reviewed by MovieMoron
We cum full circle to the conclusion of a nympho. From Volume 1, We got the boring confession. Here we get a continuation of the boring conf... More
Nightcrawler
Reviewed by BAMF
I just got done watching this and I have to say it was much more interesting than the trailer I saw gives it credit for. I have to say Jake ... More
Campfire Tales
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since it is a rather obscure feature, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but since there was a rather nice cast, I thought I might as ... More
Shut Up!
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
If I recall it correctly, one of my colleagues at the time gave me this movie on DVD at the time and, to be honest, otherwise, I would have ... More
Taps
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Following his performance in ‘Ordinary People’ for which he won an Academy Award at only 21 years old, Timothy Hutton then played the le... More
The Sum of All Fears
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
In 2014, they tried again to relaunch this franchise with a very young version of Jack Ryan played this time by Chris Pine but since it didn... More
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Reviewed by djprojexion
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is Dario Argento's first film and despite being a very tame giallo, all the elements that make Argento who... More
Sweet and Lowdown
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For the last 10 years, I have developed what you could call a love-hate relationship with Woody Allen’s work. Indeed, I used to be a die-h... More