Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Detachment
Reviewed by thaskett
Think of the most depressing movie that you've ever seen, and multiply it times a million. The result would STILL look like "The Mickey Mous... More
Compliance
Reviewed by thaskett
'Compliance' is another movie I'd never heard of before watching it, starring actors I'm unfamiliar with and based on a real-life incident t... More
Barefoot
Reviewed by thaskett
If you like nauseatingly cute movies featuring charisma-free male leads (Scott Speedman, in this case) falling in love with (blech) "manic p... More
The Babysitters
Reviewed by thaskett
I'm... not really sure why I watched this (and looking at the poster, I'm practically embarrassed to admit that I did). Maybe for the same r... More
Ass Backwards
Reviewed by thaskett
Who in heaven's name GREENLIT this monstrosity?! A cheap-looking ripoff of 'Romy and Michele's High School Reunion' (plus some gratuitous "g... More
American Dreamz
Reviewed by thaskett
I'd never even heard of 'American Dreamz' before I found it on Netflix. For some reason, I decided to watch it one night (perhaps because I'... More
America's Sweethearts
Reviewed by thaskett
I avoided 'America's Sweethearts' when it was released back in 2001, thinking it would be either cutesy, stupid or boring. Fourteen years... More
2 Days in New York
Reviewed by thaskett
I was hesitant to watch '2 Days in New York' because of Chris Rock (whose "comedy" I'd rather avoid) but his character "Mingus" turned out t... More
Love Is Strange
Reviewed by Stehako
Two brilliant actors play two gay men pretty straight and are subtle in their dramatic situation. There are some very nice moments in h... More
Begin Again
Reviewed by Stehako
Adam Levine's ego and Mark Ruffalo's inability to play extensions of himself make this highly anticipated movie tough to love. Additionally... More
Spirited Away
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Spirited Away' is an assembly of gorgeous animation and great plotting. It tells the story of a family who move house and discover the spir... More
Rosemary's Baby
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and I would definitely check it again whenever I have the opportunity. Basica... More
The Impossible
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since this movie was chosen by Roger Ebert as one of the best movies released in 2012 so there was a good chance that the whole thing would... More
The Whole Town's Talking
Reviewed by Michael M
It’s already unexpected that John Ford directed a screwball comedy, even more so that it’s one of the inventive, inspired and quirky scr... More
Draft Day
Reviewed by BAMF
I'm not really a big sports fan, but I do enjoy a good sports movie. Ivan Reitman directed this which is pretty interesting since a lot of h... More
Vigilante
Reviewed by djprojexion
I had high hopes for Vigilante given its cult status and yet I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would. Its biggest flaw is that... More
Rounders
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this flick and it would be pretty need to check it out again. Nowadays, it is pretty muc... More
Tracers
Reviewed by BAMF
So basically this is Premium Rush mixed with Run/Brick Mansions. I decided to check this out anyways because action with parkour is simply f... More
Manny
Reviewed by vinttipimeen
Kaverin tarina on aika uskomaton. Sympaattinen jäbä nousee köyhyydestä kovan luokan superstaraksi. More
The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
Reviewed by BAMF
This one looked fairly interesting and I enjoyed the eeriness of it's predecessor so I decided to go ahead and watch this one. Oh Tom Harper... More
Bullet to the Head
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It was almost 10 years ago that Sylvester Stallone made his impressive come-back with 'Rocky', and after milking the whole thing with 'Rambo... More
The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death
Reviewed by Sarah!
It nearly all being filmed in the dark does not make it scary, it just makes this film utterly stupid. Yes, I also just brought pro on Le... More
Life Partners
Reviewed by Sarah!
Two very good actresses colliding was a great choice to make for this type of movie, they both have the beauty and the style and everything ... More
VANish
Reviewed by Sarah!
Filmed in 13 days makes for a crap movie, but this was exactly that, and the title Vanish explains what the film does to the people who watc... More
Wild Card
Reviewed by Sarah!
A film of Jason's that is only as good as not getting a cinema release, it's a shame they stick it on VOD and online and not give it a chanc... More
Song One
Reviewed by Sarah!
A lovely story an characters but I just found myself to be just completely so fucking bored. I have no idea why because maybe something I di... More
Joe Somebody
Reviewed by Sarah!
I managed to watch half of this movie because it was on TV late but I still rate it from what I managed to see, I thought it was pretty good... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Ver...
Reviewed by Sarah!
Certainly is just fun and never takes itself too seriously a short film that works wonders and I have no complaints I don't think I would ev... More
American Heist
Reviewed by Sarah!
Really could not get into this it's a rip off of many films that have just been done before, it felt like deja vu but not really. Certainly ... More
Little Accidents
Reviewed by Sarah!
Elizabeth Banks tries hard here but it really did not pay off. It was just average and my rating is generous. Nothing got me going or excite... More