Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Snowpiercer
Reviewed by doudouce55
I have rarely felt that my time was wasted... this film takes the cake. Martyrofevil hit the spot right on with his sentence, "A decent conc... More
Wadjda
Reviewed by soulistic
Great film. What was moving was Wadjda, she wanted to rebel against everyone but the society she lives in is surrounded by people who claim ... More
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
Apes on Horses (also known in some territories as Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) might just be the most intelligent Summer blockbuster to b... More
The Bridges of Madison County
Reviewed by Stehako
The coolest, roughest man in America does a love story. Aaaww. Still manages to be cool and pairs well with the perfection of Meryl Stre... More
Muppets Most Wanted
Reviewed by BAMF
I've always enjoyed The Muppets and all the celebrity appearances they get. This has many puppeteers returning to play our favorite characte... More
Trainspotting
Reviewed by Fahim
This movie defines a heroin addict well. The "Choose Life" beginning was good. Dialogues most strong part of the movie. "If Govt declared Vi... More
Pulp Fiction
Reviewed by Fahim
One of the most entertaining movie. Tarantino rocks. I like the music used here. Liked the parts overlapping. In fact the movies last event ... More
Chimpanzee
Reviewed by Stehako
Disney Nature started big with "Earth", then into "Oceans", narrowed further with "African Cats" and now to one specific animal "Chimpanzee"... More
Streets
Reviewed by Aaron M.
'bait, 'bait, 'bait, 'bait, 'bait, biat, 'bait................................................................................................. More
The Muppets
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, I’m done with the Muppets movies! In fact, they have already released a new installment in the meantime but I guess I’ll have t... More
Cold Mountain
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been a while since I watched this movie and maybe I shoud rewatch it at some point to make up my mind for good but I though... More
The Champ
Reviewed by Michael M
I can’t imagine what kind an inhuman monster devoid of feelings one would have to be in order to not be moved by this film. Jackie Cooper ... More
The Single Moms Club
Reviewed by BAMF
It seems to me that lately Tyler Perry has been going downhill according to reviews and mass audience. Although I have to admit I liked them... More
Carrington
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I saw this movie and I was very young when I saw it and maybe a re-watch would change my opinion. Th... More
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Reviewed by Kester
Hushpuppy. Queen of the Bathtub. Friends to the Aurochs. Fending for herself in the swamps of people fending for themselves. Beasting it: ch... More
Boys Don't Cry
Reviewed by OsamaEx
Probably one of the most depressing movies i have ever seen, too bad it was based on a true story, otherwise i wouldn't put myself in that p... More
Noah
Reviewed by BAMF
It's good to see another epic biblical story make it onto the big screen. The director is known for making interesting works and the cast is... More
A Good Old Fashioned Orgy
Reviewed by Stehako
A Good Old Fashioned B Comedy that draws some laughs from a cast that didn't seem able to let go and make it their own. The title suggests ... More
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
Let's address the elephant in the room, shall we? Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is Brad Bird's weakest film to date by a very wide m... More
Friday Night
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is once again a rather obscure French movie which not much people have seen here in Listal. It had been a while since I saw a movie direc... More
Honeymoon in Vegas
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much from this flick but since I still have a weak spot for Nicolas Cage, I thought I might as well give it a... More
Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll
Reviewed by Stehako
Andy Serkis is insane as punk rocker Ian Dury. The acid trip of a movie is lively in visuals with superb acting but with an uneven and unin... More
Oshin
Reviewed by Reno
An incredible biographical movie about a seven-year-old Japanese girl called Oshin that is set in the Meiji period (1907). The life journey ... More
Non-Stop
Reviewed by Reno
It was an entertaining thriller set in a small surrounded area. I mean the whole movie takes place on a plane while it was flying above the ... More
Gimme Shelter
Reviewed by Reno
An independent movie based on the true story. About a runaway teenage girl, hiding from her abusive mother and looking for her father. Kind ... More
The Little Rascals Save the Day
Reviewed by Reno
I grew up watching the 90s 'Little Rascals'. That was one of my childhood favorites besides many others. After 20 years, I think I still lov... More
The Other Woman
Reviewed by BAMF
I have never really been into Cameron Diaz, but I am quite fond of most of the rest of the cast. The plot isn't really new as we basically s... More
Transcendence
Reviewed by BAMF
I remember watching the trailer and being intrigued with the cast and the plot as well. So it kind of feels like a modern 2001: A Space Odys... More
Gods and Generals
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Not so long ago, I have seen ‘Gettysburg’ and even though it was a tough watch (at 4 hours long, it is the longest US production release... More
And While We Were Here
Reviewed by Kester
Other than the possibility of finding your footing back into the world through the presence of a whole other lost, immature and wandering so... More