Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Roger & Me
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Nowadays, we don’t hear much from Michael Moore but there was some point that the guy was easily the most successful documentary maker in ... More
Room
Reviewed by Chilette
I am in awe of the simplicity yet deeply moving film! I can stop thinking of Jack and his courage. This movie is a masterpiece! More
Warcraft
Reviewed by maxswifts
The races collide in the world of Warcraft as they do in ours, and in the fantasy world we are allowed to re-imagine the origin of conflict.... More
Le Divorce
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Nowadays, James Ivory seems to be pretty much retired but, on the other hand, the guy is almost 90 years old so it is hardly surprising. Any... More
Diva
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and maybe I should give it another chance at some point.  Back in the 80’s... More
Finding Dory
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Ever since I saw ‘Toy Story’ more than 20 years ago in the movie theater when it was released, I have always been a huge fan of Pixar’... More
The Passion Of The Christ
Reviewed by mazardeus
One of the most beautifully shot films by Mel Gibson. It kept me on the edge at the movie theaters, and was left shaking from start to finis... More
Jurassic Park
Reviewed by mazardeus
Classic film by Steven Spielberg. Not as memorable as Jaws, but a worthy gem in the sci-fi genre. The best and only one in the series. More
Do the Right Thing
Reviewed by mazardeus
This is the best film by Spike Lee. It is one of my favorite stories that realistically portrays the neighborhood of Brooklyn. Beautiful sho... More
Divergent
Reviewed by mazardeus
An immersive story that easily got me hooked in this futuristic world. It sort of has elements of Harry Potter. More
Mad Max: Fury Road
Reviewed by mazardeus
One of the best movies by George Miller. A wonderful cinematic experience with beautiful shots, action, and brilliant storytelling of an apo... More
The Night Before
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"For tonight, we have decided to end this tradition..."Adult Christmas movies are few and far between, as the majority of Hollywood's festiv... More
Mia Madre
Reviewed by fernando
Nanni in the middle between his autobiographical and his portraits of big characters at the edge. Here is brother of the 'regista', dealing ... More
Endless Night
Reviewed by fernando
Gran historia la encerrona invernar de Binoche y la eskimal. Aunque el frio y las locaciones se abstraen un poco; Binoche y Rinko Kikuchi le... More
Porcile
Reviewed by fernando
Uneasy but fluent thanks to good delivery by Leaud and Wiazemsky and Tognazzi. The nazi background and the pig theme, ends ok with tha narra... More
The Hawks and the Sparrows
Reviewed by fernando
The song in the beginning expresses the tender, playfull, enjoyable, mystic, franciscan naif, spirit of the film. Toto and Ninetto moving/da... More
The Mothman Prophecies
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"I think we can assume that these entities are more advanced than us. Why don't they just come right out and tell us what's on their minds?"... More
Son of a Gun
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Ever since I saw 'Ex Machina', I have been fascinated by Alicia Vikander and I have decided to watch as many movies as possible starring thi... More
The Brothers Grimsby
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Trust you? Trust you? Because of you, the head of the World Health Organisation is dead and Harry Potter has AIDS."It's difficult to defend... More
Dancin' It's On
Reviewed by BAMF
I was surfing Netflix for something to watch and I was bored. The only reason I'm watching this is because it apparently has a bunch of SYTY... More
Spetters
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It has been a while since I have seen this movie and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. By the way, I have noticed that this mov... More
Spotlight
Reviewed by BAMF
Alright time for another real story that was nominated for Oscars that is now on Netflix. This one will surely be more serious than the othe... More
The Big Short
Reviewed by BAMF
So even though this and Spotlight were at my job I never got around to checking them out. It's a good thing Netflix has both of them so I ca... More
The Choice
Reviewed by BAMF
I'm really only watching this because I've seen every other Nicholas Sparks movie and for Alexandra Daddario! I wish she was the main girl l... More
Vice Versa
Reviewed by djprojexion
I recently watched Vice Versa after not seeing it since my childhood and I gotta say, for the most part it holds up pretty well today. It be... More
Dogma
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. In fact, I even saw the da... More
Donnie Brasco
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Back in 2015, Johnny Depp tried to make a come-back with ‘Black Mass’ but even though his performance was praised, the movie itself didn... More
Don Juan DeMarco
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it is rather difficult to look back at this movie after all the recent garbage involving Johnny Depp. Indeed, it is not hard t... More
Lethal Weapon 4
Reviewed by BAMF
I am finally about to finish this series. It's awesome how many of the actors stuck around for these films as well as director Richard Donne... More
Peccato Veniale
Reviewed by Tarek Mohammed
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg... More