Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Chappie
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I was so disappointed by 'Elysium', I kinda lost faith in Neill Blomkamp and I wasn't exactly dying to see his next directing effort. ... More
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery' is a spoof movie, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny right? Right? 'Austin Powers' takes ... More
Fright Night Part 2
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: It took me awhile to find this one. I have seen every other Fright Night film. I just couldn't seem to find this one before... More
Lost in Space
Reviewed by Leo
I remember liking this one when I was a kid after first catching it on cable, then I never rewatched it again until I bought this one on DVD... More
Shorts
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this movie but since it was one of the last movies directed by Robert Rodriguez that I haven't seen y... More
Superman III
Reviewed by filmbuilder
I liked 'Superman', I loved 'Superman II', but this? This one failed to interest me in any way! 'Superman III' does feature a darker perf... More
Mission: Impossible 2
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"Mr. Hunt, this isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you." With Hong Kong actio... More
Lila & Eve
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: The trailer for this looked really intriguing. It's always sad when someone is killed due to gang violence. I thought I wou... More
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Reviewed by filmbuilder
It's been years since I first saw 'The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie', about 3 months ago, I watched the sequel 'Sponge Out Of Water', at the ... More
The Way He Looks
Reviewed by Reno
The Brasil's submission for the last concluded American Academy Awards, the 2015's Oscar edition and as we know it did not make that far. Ag... More
A Girl At My Door
Reviewed by Reno
Good to be back to a Korean movie and this time I'm happy that I picked the right one. A small budget movie produced by the Korean film boar... More
Byzantium
Reviewed by Reno
An Irish vampire movie, thus back to where the vampires were originated. There are no good vampire movies these days, all those are teen tar... More
The English Teacher
Reviewed by Reno
A perfect role for Julianne Moore. All the other characters were nicely arranged around her's. It was a story based on the high school teach... More
Ant-Man
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I was a little skeptical about this when I first heard it would be made. I wondered how they could make a good feature leng... More
Minions
Reviewed by SJMJ91
Out of all the most beloved supporting characters in children’s film franchises from Puss in Boots in Shrek to the Penguins in Madagascar,... More
Bambi
Reviewed by filmbuilder
'Bambi' is one of Disney's most famous films and the fifth animated Disney classic. It is now considered to be one of the greatest animated ... More
My Name Is Joe
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been a while since I have watched this flick and maybe I should re-watch it again at some point. Anyway, back in the 90’s... More
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I didn’t expect this movie to be so obscure. Indeed, not even 10 Listal users have rated it so far and I was only the 2nd who apparently s... More
Pawn
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I actually watched some of this awhile back. I'm not sure where I stopped at so I decided to go ahead and rewatch the whole... More
Magic Mike XXL
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I really wasn't planning to watch this anytime soon. I only somewhat liked the first one and besides the fact they are stri... More
Mon homme
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Once again, it is one of these really obscure French movies that almost no one has seen here on Listal (in fact, I was the 3rd user who has ... More
Meet the Fockers
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it is rather difficult to judge to this movie 10 years later. Indeed, after all these years, especially after the very lame 3rd in... More
Mission: Impossible
Reviewed by PvtCaboose91
"If you're dealing with a man who has crushed, shot, stabbed, and detonated five members of his own IMF team, how devastated do you think yo... More
Howling: New Moon Rising
Reviewed by BAMF
Initial Thought: I have seen every Howling movie except for this one. I have finally found a copy to check it out. I can finally feel accomp... More
The Man from Snowy River
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Sweet natured and charming, but is that enough to make it memorable or watch viewing? I’m not entirely sold on The Man from Snowy River. I... More
The Rocketeer
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Joe Johnston clearly loved the serial adventure stories of the 30s-50s. He also clearly loved the daredevil adventure films of Errol Flynn. ... More
Cocoon
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have re-watched it fairly recently and, even though it might not be a great movie, I still think it remains a pretty good SF feature. Basi... More
Our Town
Reviewed by fernando
I love the naiveté of this film because it touches everything (suicide, alcohol, gossio, stupidity of patriotism and war) with such lightne... More
The Bank Dick
Reviewed by fernando
A pitty Cline is a poor director and the argument is mediocre; but Fileds ant the cast is excellent (Merkel, Ralph,and especially Pangborn),... More
Kid Glove Killer
Reviewed by fernando
Small film, small argument. It's not noir because direction and lightning are too square; and the killing of the mayor Hinds in the hands of... More