Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Kill List
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Three // 31 Day Horror Challenge Everyone says they loved this, but I really found it boring, there was nothing in it for me, no surpri... More
Open Windows
Reviewed by Sarah!
This was really good, a different setting to other thrillers but it certainly worked, I didn't have myself loving it over and over but it ce... More
The House of the Devil
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Two // 31 Day Horror Challenge A good suspenseful movie. The lead actress works well with the material she is given and she learns whil... More
The Burning
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day One // 31 Day Horror Challenge Not really a good start to my challenge. I hate not being scared at horror movies, I try and make myself... More
Wanderlust
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd, I thought I might... More
Gone Girl
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since David Fincher is definitely one of the best directors at work nowadays, I was really eager to check this movie and the fact that it ... More
Men in Black 3
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
In a world where second sequels tend to be disappointing, even by sequel standards, Men in Black 3 is something of a refreshment. It improv... More
Lucy
Reviewed by BAMF
Luc Besson is a pretty good writer and has made a few good movies himself. The story looked rather interesting when I saw the trailer. So I ... More
The Vanished Elephant
Reviewed by fernando
En exceso articiosa,pero Salvador del Solar, Vanessa Saba, la foto, Lima, Paracas y Javier Fuentes la hacen creíble. More
Good Sam
Reviewed by fernando
Slow, long by comedy standards,verborragic scenes, but one solid argument: everything in the film points to the charitative spirit of Cooper... More
It Always Rains on Sunday
Reviewed by fernando
A choral, East End, tender and vulgar symphony. Googie and her lost erotism fixed on Tommy Swan (McCallum)stands among everything. More
X-Men: The Last Stand
Reviewed by Joshua "LF"
After the director of the first two X-Men films, Bryan Singer left the X-Men franchise (along with his two writers) to work on Superman Retu... More
Meet the Robinsons
Reviewed by Oneslayerlover
This was one of the less than classic period Disney movies I'd missed, when the studio I have adored and held above all others since sitting... More
Mockingbird
Reviewed by BAMF
This is from the director of The Strangers so it should be pretty good. There aren't any real big names most people would know, but there ar... More
Held Up
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this flick but I since I have a weak spot for Jamie Foxx, I thought I might as well give it a try. I ... More
The Contender
Reviewed by keiju
half way through the movie stars jerking off faster and faster until it unloads over you without any shame. Pity because the first half was... More
Deliver Us from Evil
Reviewed by BAMF
I thought this looked pretty interesting and a unique new idea of the typical possession. Scott Derrickson is no stranger to horror movies l... More
Murder on the Orient Express
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Sidney Lumet has recently passed away and during his very long career, he has directed a few classics (12 angry men, Dod day afternoon, Serp... More
Tucker: The Man and His Dream
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Francis Ford Coppola completely ruled the 70's. He made 4 movies, 'Apocalypse Now', 'The Godfather: Part II', 'The Conversation', 'The Godfa... More
See No Evil 2
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this for awhile as I enjoyed the first one. The Soska sisters didn't really impress me too much with their ABCs o... More
Vampires
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I already saw this flick and I really didn't like it all but I thought I was maybe a little too harsh so I decided to give it a second chanc... More
7500
Reviewed by BAMF
I have been wanting to see this for awhile now, but I've hesitated because I'm not sure if I have the whole movie. Some sources say it's abo... More
Veronica Guerin
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since I have always been a fan of Cate Blanchett, I was really eager to check it out. Hon... More
New Police Story
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this but many movies starring Jackie Chan are broadcasted on the Dutch channels and my step-son Nick ... More
Twin Sisters
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Since I have been living in the Netherlands, I have been watching many Dutch movies but, to be honest, the Dutch film industry is actually r... More
21 & Over
Reviewed by Stehako
Collegiate antics abound in this silly movie attempting to save Jeff Chang. Unfortunately nothing new was brought to the genre and the char... More
The Devil Wears Prada
Reviewed by SMilkshake
I was expecting so much more from this film.Instead I got a ton of slichés along with a tremendous amount of predictability.Thankfully acti... More
Training Day
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS This review will contain basic spoilers. Sorry, but it's required to fully explain my impressions. As the title implie... More
Dumb & Dumber
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I surprisingly really liked this movie. I went in expecting nothing dignified – I knew full well it was going to be s... More
Big Trouble in Little China
Reviewed by PerfectPortal
FIRST IMPRESSIONS I decided to watch the movie itself before Spoony's review of the Commodore 64 game, and he's praised it so often he go... More