Reviews > Recent movie reviews

A Most Wanted Man
Reviewed by Sarah!
This was a great way to send Seymour Hoffman off, it was great to see his career end of a really good high, it's devastating to have lost a ... More
Sleepy Hollow
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Aaaahhhh..... The good old days... When Johnny Depp was still considered a box-office poison and when Tim Burton was still one of the most c... More
Baghead
Reviewed by Stehako
A weaker effort from the Duplass brothers but entertaining and the ending makes up for the slow pace of the rest of the movie More
28 Days Later...
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I remember perfectly when I watched this movie the first time. Indeed, back then, I was just living in the Netherlands and I wanted to go to... More
The Untouchables
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Even though Brian De Palma is nowadays pretty much forgotten, I always had a weak spot for his work and I still try to check his movies when... More
Red State
Reviewed by OsamaEx
I'm a long term Kevin Smith's fan, i like his writing, his comedy and his vision, and i don't oppose change, i don't go around asking him to... More
Event Horizon
Reviewed by dosy
I expected this to be a be a bland 80's horror flick. This expectation may contribute to my high rating, but I suspect that rewatching this ... More
Oldboy
Reviewed by dosy
Oldboy's memorable track shot is re-envisioned for Spike Lee's 2013 remake, a visual comparison between their scenes can be viewed on youtub... More
Trance
Reviewed by dosy
Memories are warm. Memories are hot. Just like McAvoy’s eyes. While the ending left me feeling lukewarm, Trance is oh-so-interesting and ... More
Paprika
Reviewed by dosy
I've been curious about this film ever since I overheard my peers dub Inception as a clone of it. While Inception's big lie (the PASIV devic... More
Flashbacks of a Fool
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn't sure what to expect from this flick but since I have a weak spot for Daniel Craig, I was quite eager to check it out. I'm very gla... More
Ghislain Lambert's Bicycle
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
It is once again a rather obscure French movie which not much people have seen here in Listal (I was one of the first users who have rated t... More
The Avengers
Reviewed by burnodo
This is the best of the recent Marvel films. It's smart, funny. challenging, dark, and in spiring. This is the one that brings the disparate... More
A Sunday in the Country
Family Resemblances
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, it has been ages since I have this flick but I can remember it very well. First of all, I have noticed that Cédric Klapisch is no... More
Annabelle
Reviewed by BAMF
Okay so I actually liked The Conjuring and thought it was really interesting. I remember seeing the Annabelle doll and thinking it was one c... More
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reviewed by Sarah!
Well I never watched the original and don't really plan to. I can't judge this based on the original which makes me feel better because I di... More
Camp X-Ray
Reviewed by Sarah!
Not really my sort of movie. Kristen Stewart just has that one facial expression, she never shows any emotion in her acting as from what I h... More
The Amityville Horror
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Nineteen // 31 Day Horror Challenge Nothing I ever seen before to be quite honest, not very exciting. Certainly not rubbish but reall... More
The Exorcist
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Eighteen // 31 Day Horror Challenge Well this was quite something. It was very good and amazing back in the day and it still is and t... More
Hellraiser
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Seventeen // 31 Day Horror Challenge Well 17 days in, and I still haven't found one I have enjoyed to the bone but oh well, this cert... More
Another Me
Reviewed by Sarah!
Well this really was just so weird I mean it's like what the actual fuck was even going on in most scenes, I really lost the story sadly. More
Extraterrestrial
Reviewed by Sarah!
No, this angers me. Bloody crap. All been done fucking before now, we don't need any fucking more of this shit. You got that? You fucking go... More
Treehouse (2014)
Reviewed by Sarah!
I think you should not waste your time with this at all people. It's boring, stupid and to be honest this could have been done in a million ... More
Walking on Sunshine
Reviewed by Sarah!
Too musically for me, I don't see the point in doing another shitty cliche version of Mamma Mia with a slight difference, with 80's music, t... More
The Omen
Reviewed by Sarah!
Day Sixteen // 31 Day Horror Challenge Again, not really scary or didn't actually really make me scared at all, it had a good story to it a... More
Trade
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I had nog idea what to expect from this flick but the subject seemed to be interesting so I thought I might as well give it a try.... More
The Slaughter Rule
Reviewed by Stehako
They should have applied the slaughter rule to this movie after the first hour. Gosling isn't bad, but the story and pacing is trying beyon... More
Liberal Arts
Reviewed by hurt.raven114
just one line for this movie : it is amazingly awesome . i just loved everything about it . teaches a lot about real life . :) More
A Long Way Down
Reviewed by burnodo
Amiable and satisfying little black comedy about four people meeting at a crux point in their lives. Good performances make something like t... More