Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Assassin's Creed
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I was actually planning to skip this movie but Nick, my step-son, was really eager to check it out so we still end up watching... More
The Accused
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and maybe I should re-watch  it at some point. First of all, for Jodie Foste... More
All or Nothing
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and I should probably re-watch it at some point. Still, I remember it very we... More
The Surprise
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
This was already the 3rd Dutch movie I saw this week and, out of the 3, the one I enjoyed the most. First of all, it was the first directing... More
Pak van mijn hart
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I didn’t expect much from this flick but since my wife has a weak spot for such Dutch romantic comedies, I thought we might ... More
Ratchet & Clank
Reviewed by MordeGumball
People hated it when it came out on theatres and I can see why But, I can't be angry with it. Yeah, the characters aren't that developed, t... More
Peter Pan: Return to Never Land
Reviewed by MordeGumball
I'm sorry, I know people hate this film (even critics panned it) but I can't stop thinking that this is an actually good movie. Not a great ... More
Transformers: Age of Extinction
Reviewed by MordeGumball
REPUBLICAN BU******! A complete waste of money, time and intelligence. The movie is filled of American clichés, sick to death stereotypes, ... More
The Girl with All the Gifts
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *Oh I have been waiting for this ever since that trailer! *The cast is a great selection. *The story looks intense and almost like 28... More
Trolls
Reviewed by FerDimension
"Trolls is a great film", no i't isn't "Trolls is does his job as original family film", no it doesn't, "It has beautiful message of Happine... More
The Addiction
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie. Still, I remember it very well. Indeed, after watching ‘Bad Lieutenant’ ... More
Criminal Lovers
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For some reasons, I have actually watched most of the movies directed by François Ozon (14 out of 16) which is rather surprising because I ... More
The Extra Man
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
For many years, I kept hearing from 2 of my favorites Listal members (the giraffe and Xanadon’t) that this movie was some kind of cult-cla... More
The Freshman
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Everyone knows the basic image of Harold Lloyd dangling from a clock several stories up in Safety Last, but he’s a rarely watched performe... More
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Reviewed by MordeGumball
People love this film, but for me it's just a average. While the action scenes, the CGI (for the most part), the scenes of Darth Vader and ... More
Spies
Reviewed by fernando
Great Lang, inventing, amusing, dramatizing and romanticizing whrn he can or he must. The japanese deceived stuff is excellent to proof that... More
The Night Affair
Reviewed by fernando
Descubro tarde a Grangier. Audiard le sirve la mesa en diálogos de los que hay bastante buenos para perdonar los obvios y malos. Con Gabin ... More
The Guns of Navarone
Reviewed by fernando
Enjoy cast and production values and a very effective bot not brilliant plot hunged over a sharp cliff with a mouth and two iconic cannons. ... More
Battle of Britain
Reviewed by fernando
Enjoy the cast and not too much, because every air battle seems alike, and it's difficult even to point germans or british or polish, czech,... More
A River Runs Through It
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and I should definitely re-watch it at some point. First of all, it must be o... More
The Girl and Death
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this movie but since it has won the Golden Kalf of the best Dutch movie of the year, I was quite ... More
Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Restraint is never a word that can be bandied about with Robert Aldrich, but Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte is a true spectacle of Grand Guign... More
Analyze This
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I saw this movie and maybe I should rewatch it at some point. Still, I remember it very well when th... More
Awakenings
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, it has been a while since I have seen this movie and maybe I should give it a 2nd chance at some point. Well, even though this... More
The Escape
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *Clive Owen returns to the BMW shorts he did 14 years ago! *An excellent selection of supporting actors here. *This one is directed a... More
The Hundred-Foot Journey
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
When was the last time that Lasse Hallström has directed a really good movie? Anyway, this time around,  he went for something really simi... More
Westworld
Reviewed by Tifone1
Westworld should be added in the "tv series" category and not in the "movies" category! More
Sing Street
Reviewed by BAMF
Notes: *This was playing at my theater when it first came out, but I never had the chance to just sit down and watch it all. *There are some... More
The Tempest
Reviewed by JxSxPx
“We are such stuff as dreams are made on/And our little life is rounded with a sleep.”   Julie Taymor’s reading of The Tempest is h... More
Across the Universe
Reviewed by JxSxPx
Who needs a plot when you can arrange 33 songs by the Beatles in random order and have a series of talented performers do them in a bunch of... More