Reviews > Recent movie reviews

Noah
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At last, Darron Aronofsky was allowed to make a big blockbuster and, of course, I was really eager to check the end-result. Eventually, he d... More
Devil's Due
Reviewed by BAMF
I am a sucker for found footage, but I think having somewhat well known actors in it takes away from what should make it special. Anyways I ... More
Swing
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
To be honest, I had seriously no idea what to expect from this flick but since Tony Gatlif’s work is usually really interesting, I thought... More
Pushing Tin
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this flick but since there was a pretty cool cast, I was quite eager to check this movie. In... More
Broken Arrow
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
At some point, John Woo was considered the best director from Hong-Kong and it was a big deal when he finally decided to make the move to Ho... More
The Great Train Robbery
Reviewed by filmbuilder
I found 'The Great Train Robbery' for watch on Wikipedia (presumably because it's not very long, but it's longer than 'A Trip To The Moon'),... More
Kick-Ass 2
Reviewed by ThatCriticalJew
I liked the first Kick-Ass. It was a nice blend of morbid content and gory fun. While the movie had tonal shifts that felt sort of uneven ... More
Beyond Outrage
Reviewed by Lito Lapida
The sequel for Beat Takeshi's 2010 yakuza movie. If you don't want spoilers please stop reading now. For me, this sequel is not needed at al... More
Corpse Bride
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Every time you see a movie by Tim Burton, you always know it's going to be dark, strange and goofy (except for 'Charlie and the Chocolate Fa... More
Peter Pan
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Kids know Peter Pan as the hero who will never grow up and Wendy as the girl who is told she has to! But what kids think that ‘Peter Pan... More
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Reviewed by filmbuilder
Rick Moranis was possessed by ghosts in ‘Ghostbusters’, now he’s a preoccupied inventor in ‘Honey, I Shrunk The Kids’ where he cre... More
Ghostbusters
Reviewed by filmbuilder
‘Ghostbusters’ is a very fun movie to watch, funny + scary = hilarious frightening fun! The ghosts start where a librarian gets frigh... More
The Cat in the Hat
Reviewed by filmbuilder
You may have noticed, I give a lot of kid movies 2/10, however 'The Cat In The Hat' should really not be a kid's movie, if you read my revie... More
A Few Good Men
Reviewed by mazardeus
This film is better than Tom Cruise's other Navy role called Top Gun. Better performances, so much meaning, very interesting characters, and... More
In the Bedroom
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
About 10 years ago, almost out of nowhere, Todd Field, an actor with a rather unremarkable career, released this directing debut and it reac... More
The Amazing Spider-Man
Reviewed by filmbuilder
‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ is a pretty good comeback for ‘Spider-Man’ after ‘Spider-Man 3’ was a big box office success but wasn... More
Joe
Reviewed by Exclusive
"What's your favorite color?" "Red." "Blow me." "Alright." I'm so happy David Gordon Green is back to making these smaller type indie ... More
Men at Work
Reviewed by Josh Rubbish
This is my favorite movie of all time and inspired me to go into the trash business. I know it sounds wild and crazy since trash is well tra... More
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Reviewed by jeremygeffen
Captain America is the latest in the Marvel saga of cartoon and comics coming to real life. I must say that the acting and special effects c... More
Jack the Ripper
Reviewed by jeremygeffen
This is one of the biggest classics that I saw when I was younger. Perhaps at the time when it came out in 1960 it was a big hit. Today it f... More
Man of Steel
Reviewed by mazardeus
Decent film, but lacking in so many areas. The problem is I've seen better films, so my standards are a bit too high when it comes to seeing... More
Rendez-vous
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
I have noticed that while André Téchiné is probably one of the most heralded directors in France, he is not very famous abroad which is q... More
Affliction
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Paul Schrader, who got his breakthrough after writing ‘Taxi Driver’ and also wrote ‘Raging Bull, allegedly two of the best movies dire... More
Not Another Teen Movie
Reviewed by johanlefourbe
Honestly, I have no idea how I ended up watching this flick. I think I rented it with some friends at some point. Anyway, basically, it is o... More
Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark
Reviewed by Sarah!
I am just fed up of all these shark movies, what's the point, you're wasting money on bullshit, no seriously, I just don't know about this, ... More
The Harry Hill Movie
Reviewed by Sarah!
This really was not funny, I had high hopes for it, but most of the cast didn't make it any better, the story was stupid to be quite honest,... More
The Alphabet Killer
Reviewed by Sarah!
Look, everyone can hate this, slate it, but I think it was good, not the best film I have ever watched, but I did buy it on DVD before wat... More
The Shining
Reviewed by mazardeus
Brilliant psychological thriller, and likely one of those adaptions that surpass the book. Kubrick has a nack for doing this after A Clockwo... More
Fedora
Reviewed by Michael M
Fedora is one of the most bizarre films I've ever seen to say the least. At points I almost laughing at the movie’s plot twist, yet the mo... More
Evelyn Prentice
Reviewed by Michael M
Movies like Evelyn Prentice give me one of the greatest satisfactions I get from watching films, discovering an obscurity from an actor’s ... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 167 Next »