Reviews > Most voted book reviews

The Dawn Palace: The Story of Medea
Reviewed by nataliegoes
Ms. Hunter takes some of the various myths surround Medea (not Medusa, with the snakes for hair) and weaves an interesting novel. Turns out... More
Promoted 6 years, 6 months ago
Children of God (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
Reviewed by nataliegoes
As the sequel to The Sparrow, this book is very different from the first one. This one is filled with more political machinations and perso... More
Promoted 6 years, 5 months ago
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time ...
Reviewed by Hibiscus
Finished this book in record speed. Besides the fact that it is a rather easy read, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time has a ... More
Promoted 6 years, 3 months ago
The Castle (Penguin Modern Classics)
Reviewed by Raven
I feel like I've been reading this book for 6 months when in actual fact it has been just under a month and after much struggling and determ... More
Promoted 5 years, 8 months ago
I Am Legend
Reviewed by Raven
If literature was food then this would be the starving persons feast, well for me it would be anyway because I devoured this and like all gr... More
Promoted 6 years, 3 months ago
Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) (The Inheritance Cycl...
Reviewed by AJWyrm
I only read this book because I wanted to play the GBA game based on it. (Well, based on the movie, which I haven't seen.) I fully expecte... More
Promoted 3 years, 7 months ago
Priestess Of The White: Age Of The Five Book One
Reviewed by Idoru
Auraya, a strongly Gifted girl, is chosen to become one of the White, the five gods' most powerful servants and leaders of the Circlian reli... More
Promoted 6 years, 2 months ago
Fahrenheit 451
Reviewed by Scott
I recently re-read this, after initially reading it in high school about 20 years ago. For those of you needing a description of possibly... More
Promoted 6 years, 1 month ago
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Reviewed by Raven
I must be having a good run with books because this is another one I couldn't seem to put down. I was glued to it. It was so well written an... More
I, Claudius
Reviewed by GemLil
I, Claudius is like a modern day soap, spent in Ancient Rome. Murder, adultery, perversion and corruption rule the day. This is a semi-fic... More
Promoted 6 years, 1 month ago
Waterlemon
Reviewed by Raven
Apart from there being no clear definition between subject changes making it not flow through properly this was a great story. Ruth Ritchie ... More
Promoted 4 years, 6 months ago
The Left Hand of Darkness
Reviewed by Abhi
From the summary of the book: "On the planet Winter, there is no gender. The Gethenians can become male of female during each mating cycle,... More
Promoted 4 years, 1 month ago
Jacob's Ladder - A Story of Virginia During the Wa...
Reviewed by chuckmuck
I really wanted to like this book, the cover compared it to Gone With the Wind and Cold Mountain, both of which I liked very much. But the c... More
A Million Little Pieces
Reviewed by chuckmuck
I admit I picked this up because I was curious about all the controversy/scandal it caused in the media when it came out. I wanted to see wh... More
Promoted 6 years ago
Double Vision (Barker, Pat)
Reviewed by Abhi
Pat Barker is a very gifted writer. She writes about her characters like she has known them all her life and her portraits of them are intim... More
Promoted 5 years, 12 months ago
Eldest: (Inheritance Book 2)
Reviewed by KCenturion
This is the longest book I've read in recent years. It just kepy going and going! I had a schedule to keep for my Book Quest and this book b... More
Promoted 5 years, 6 months ago
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Signet)
Reviewed by nataliegoes
It is the story of a young woman and her time in a mental institution in the early 60's. The writing is pretty simplistic, and although thi... More
Promoted 5 years, 11 months ago
The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials)
Reviewed by Raven
A far faster and lighter read then the first one in the trilogy (Northern Lights), I didn't realise why until I'd finished and compared it t... More
Promoted 5 years, 10 months ago
Twilight (Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Reviewed by Raven
When books and movies become popular and a fad I usually shy away from them until the curiosity gets the better of me. Which is pretty much ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Dungeons and Dreamers: The Rise of Computer Game C...
Reviewed by Uber
While I've grown up around computers since before I could remember I never really got into games until around 1999 and reading Dungeons and ... More
Promoted 5 years, 10 months ago
Suicide Girls
Reviewed by tartan_skirt
Dating from back in 2004 this book features a lot of the older and some now defunct SuicideGirls from the alternative erotica website of the... More
Promoted 5 years, 8 months ago
Deception Point
Reviewed by Heracles
It seems to me that for reasons beyond his control Dan Brown has been made a bit of a joke of in recent years. The Da Vinci code was a genui... More
Promoted 5 years, 5 months ago
Sabor de Loucura
Reviewed by isa ♥ nusch
Vale do lirismo , dso lúdico, da ironia, da paixão, das fábulas e narrativas. Seus versos em labirinto são caminhos do inesperado, da ... More
Promoted 5 years, 7 months ago
Depois Daquela Viagem
Reviewed by Danie
Numa linguagem descontraída e jovial, Valéria fala de assuntos relacionados à toda juventude: o despertar da sexualidade, festa com os am... More
Promoted 5 years, 4 months ago
Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Reviewed by Lauren
This is a review of the series as far as I have read. It's hard to differentiate between each book after reading them all, but overall I giv... More
1984
Reviewed by a n a :
A trama se passa em Londres, cidade principal da Pista N°1, sob o regime totalitário do Grande Irmão (Big Brother) e sua ideologia Ingsoc... More
Marabou Stork Nightmares
Reviewed by Aira
È il libro di Welsh più scioccante, più violento, più sofferto. È il libro di Welsh in cui la sua solita ironia cattiva e "sporca" lasc... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Le Citta Invisibili (Oscar Opere Di Italo Calvino)...
Reviewed by Aira
La città è una donna, con le sue vesti colorate, le pietre preziose, odori e sguardi. La città è desiderio, quel desiderio che spinge gl... More
The Master and Margarita
Reviewed by Aira
Può capitare che l'uomo dall'aspetto mefistofelico seduto sulla panchina, vicino a te, sia proprio il Diavolo. E può capitare che la bella... More
The Catcher in the Rye
Reviewed by Aira
C'è da andare in "brodo di giuggiole" a leggere questo libro. Se si pensa con la testa di un ventenne d'oggi, magari non sembra così trasg... More