Reviews > Most voted book reviews

Moby-Dick or, The Whale
Reviewed by The Flagship
The classic whaling tale. Everybody knows how the storyline goes, but few know of how delightful the book actually is to read. I picked t... More
The Analyst
Reviewed by Jessica
I just finished reading this book very early this morning. While it started off slow for me, the story was intriguing, so I stuck with it. ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Mysteries of Abu Simbel: Ramesses II and the T...
Reviewed by doudouce55
This book is an introduction about Nubia, the region where Abu Simbel is located. The author describes and discusses the High Dam and the Un... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
From the Pyramids to Tutankhamun: Memoirs of an Eg...
Reviewed by doudouce55
This lovely book concerns the life of one of the most distinguished Egyptologist: I. E. S. Edwards (1906-1996). His most unusual 'affair' w... More
Promoted 7 years, 12 months ago
The Outsiders
Reviewed by Manling
The Book and Movie Comparison The book was well written and I could actually feel for the characters, as far as the movie goes, it only h... More
The Robots of Dawn
Reviewed by Gwenny
The third in Asimov's Robot series, Robots of Dawn sees Elijah Baley once more called upon by the Spacers to solve a crime, in the case the ... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
The Giving Tree
Reviewed by MonarC87
Just reading the description brings me back to the tears I cried long ago when I read this. Such selflessness of unconditional love. A great... More
Promoted 7 years, 5 months ago
Bridget Jones's Diary
Reviewed by Hibiscus
Hilarious. It made me laugh out loud many times. Although I couldn't really relate to the book's heroin Bridget Jones as I'm not a 30-year-o... More
Lolita
Reviewed by Dionysian Child
Lolita is a highly amusing tongue in cheek story of Humbert Humbert an English professor, who inconveniently still idolises his first childh... More
Promoted 7 years, 2 months ago
Middlesex
Reviewed by krin5292
This beautifully written book is more than a story of a hermaphrodite. It is a rich family history interwoven with the history of Greek immi... More
Promoted 7 years, 1 month ago
The Road
Reviewed by The Flagship
The Road follows one man and his son as they travel across post-apocalyptic America in search of warmer climes after humanity has sealed its... More
Promoted 6 years ago
Peter Pan
Reviewed by Dionysian Child
This is a book that most unfortunately I have only read in adulthood. It is simply written with beautiful simplicity packed with original a... More
Promoted 5 years, 6 months ago
Lady Chatterley's Lover (Bantam Classics)
Reviewed by Dionysian Child
I think that taking into consideration the fact that D.H Lawrence wanted to call this book Tenderness bodes well for what sentiments he orig... More
Promoted 5 years, 11 months ago
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows
Reviewed by Elfflame
After six books, I wish I could say that this book made the journey worth it. But I don't think it does. Granted, it's still better than G... More
Promoted 6 years, 10 months ago
Breaking Dawn
Reviewed by Alyssa
Breaking Dawn is, while a satisfactory conclusion to the story of Bella and Edward, not particularly necessary to the series overall. At... More
Promoted 6 years, 9 months ago
Rock 'N' Roll Babes
Reviewed by Raven
Fantastic! I might be bias because I'm an Aussie who has hung around the places mentioned in the book and I loved the 90's but this book had... More
Promoted 6 years, 9 months ago
After Dark
Reviewed by Dionysian Child
Spanning over the course of one single night in the vibrant, neon lit city of Tokyo. The lives of several young adults, each coming to grips... More
Promoted 4 years, 1 month ago
A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book
Reviewed by Isis
This was the first Post Secret book I've got and I'm pretty sad about it, because I am so sure it is also the best one. By reading this one ... More
Promoted 6 years, 3 months ago
Água Viva
Reviewed by lidyaquino
Água Viva mostra de forma rápida e clara a maneira como o leitor deve lidar com qualquer obra da Clarice: deve-se viver cada linha, e não... More
Promoted 6 years, 5 months ago
Roadside Picnic
Reviewed by The Flagship
Although only a short story, this science-fiction novel has served as the inspiration for both Andrei Tarkovsky’s 1979 film Stalker as wel... More
The Holy Bible: King James Version
Reviewed by Nonfictionguy
If counted as a single book, the Bible is one of the best-selling publications in history. But the fact that there are so many versions redu... More
Il Cimitero Di Praga
Reviewed by Time Bomb
I just finished..It was my summer book..as usual Eco is a master and he is the best to mix toghteher fictional stories and real histories...... More
Tess of the D'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman
Reviewed by youngbloods
This isn't going to be a long review, I'll tell you why, because I'm not even sure why I read it in the first place, even in some parts I ha... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Harry Bosch Novels: Volume 1: The Black Echo, ...
Reviewed by Supernaut
These are the first three books in the Harry Bosch detective series. These are great "page turner" books in my opinion. Even though it is no... More
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel
Reviewed by Stella
Missing chapters and parts in the English translation Some chapters and paragraphs of the Japanese paperback edition were not included in t... More
The Redbreast
Reviewed by irishblue
Another Harry Hole novel, with a very intricate plot. Harry is flawed detective fighting the demon alcohol. This adds a layer to humanness t... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of...
Reviewed by jwah24
Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt is one of the most disturbing books that I have read in a long whil... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs Novels)
Reviewed by [dave]
It's far future technology, but somehow I can see it happening sooner than later. You can have yourself in a new body almost whenever you wa... More
Promoted 6 years, 5 months ago
Neuromancer
Reviewed by The Flagship
One of the most fascinating and engrossing books I've ever read and easily the most interesting of the 'sprawl' trilogy. The society whic... More
Lord of the Flies
Reviewed by tartan_skirt
**May contain spoilers** I found Lord of the Flies rather a good read. It was generally easy to get through quickly, was entertaining, a... More
Promoted 8 years ago