Reviews > Most voted book reviews

Água Viva
Reviewed by lidyaquino
Água Viva mostra de forma rápida e clara a maneira como o leitor deve lidar com qualquer obra da Clarice: deve-se viver cada linha, e não... More
Promoted 6 years, 2 months ago
Roadside Picnic
Reviewed by The Flagship
Although only a short story, this science-fiction novel has served as the inspiration for both Andrei Tarkovsky’s 1979 film Stalker as wel... More
The Holy Bible: King James Version
Reviewed by Nonfictionguy
If counted as a single book, the Bible is one of the best-selling publications in history. But the fact that there are so many versions redu... More
Il Cimitero Di Praga
Reviewed by Time Bomb
I just finished..It was my summer book..as usual Eco is a master and he is the best to mix toghteher fictional stories and real histories...... More
Tess of the D'Urbervilles: A Pure Woman
Reviewed by youngbloods
This isn't going to be a long review, I'll tell you why, because I'm not even sure why I read it in the first place, even in some parts I ha... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Black Echo (A Harry Bosch Novel)
Reviewed by Supernaut
This is the first book in the writer's Harry Bosch detective series. These are great "page turner" books in my opinion. Even though it is no... More
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel
Reviewed by Stella
Missing chapters and parts in the English translation Some chapters and paragraphs of the Japanese paperback edition were not included in t... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of...
Reviewed by jwah24
Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt is one of the most disturbing books that I have read in a long whil... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs Novels)
Reviewed by [dave]
It's far future technology, but somehow I can see it happening sooner than later. You can have yourself in a new body almost whenever you wa... More
Promoted 6 years, 1 month ago
Neuromancer
Reviewed by The Flagship
One of the most fascinating and engrossing books I've ever read and easily the most interesting of the 'sprawl' trilogy. The society whic... More
Lord of the Flies
Reviewed by tartan_skirt
**May contain spoilers** I found Lord of the Flies rather a good read. It was generally easy to get through quickly, was entertaining, a... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
A Rock and a Hard Place: One Boy's Triumphant Stor...
Reviewed by muahahahahaha17
well I would give it a 10 ... but like she lied about it I'll give it a 9... anyways... this book gave strenght to keep on living... and it ... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
William McGonagall Meets George Gershwin: A Scotti...
Reviewed by KingFahtah
This is the kind of book I want to write. It is therapeutic dislexia for the imagination heralding the adventures of Scotland's worst ever p... More
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil of Lucca
Reviewed by doudouce55
I was quite surprised when I received this book - it offers so much information on extra virgin olive oil. The cover is interestingly dif... More
Riddles of the Sphinx
Reviewed by doudouce55
Despite having a bad choice for a title, the twelve chapters of this book offer excellent information on the Ancient Egyptian sphinx. The au... More
Profit Over People: Neoliberalism & Global Order
Reviewed by azuege
Chomsky makes a lot of very good points here, and his analysis of contemporary political trends seems pretty accurate. However, there are a... More
Roots (Dell Book)
Reviewed by chuckmuck
To say this book is sad or tragic is an understatement, it deals with the history of slavery in the US and paints a horrific picture of what... More
Promoted 6 years, 9 months ago
Kallimachos: The Alexandrian Library and the Origi...
Reviewed by doudouce55
The author discusses the life of Kallimachos, who lived during the reigns of Ptolemy I and II; he was the first librarian and bibliographer,... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
Sticks, Stones, and Shadows: Building the Egyptian...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Pyramid building, according to the author, should be placed not in the context of only Ancient Egyptian technology, but rather in that of Ne... More
Slayer of Gods
Reviewed by doudouce55
At last this series comes to an unexpected plausible end. Who would have believed it! Lord Meren, though supposed to be at home, recovin... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
Egyptian Boats and Ships (Shire Egyptology)
Reviewed by doudouce55
This book comprehensively outlines the latest findings of nautical archaeology with regard to Ancient Egyptian boats dating between the Pred... More
Promoted 7 years, 8 months ago
Africa Solo: A Journey Across the Sahara, Sahel an...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Falling under the wide-ranging scope of travel literature, this entertaining and informative book expands on the author's experiences during... More
Promoted 7 years, 7 months ago
Predator (Kay Scarpetta Mystery) Patricia Cornwell
Reviewed by Vix
I can usually finish a Scarpetta novel in a few days but Predator took me forever to finish. The characters are unlikeable, the plot jumps f... More
Naruto Anime Profiles: Episodes 1-37
Reviewed by ?Ayiaki?
I watched it and i thought it was awesome. More
Promoted 7 years, 2 months ago
The Columns of Egypt
Reviewed by doudouce55
Using archaeological evidence to back up his portrayal of the Ancient Egyptian columns, the author describes the development of columns from... More
Promoted 7 years, 7 months ago
The Cult of Isis in the Roman Empire: Isis Invicta...
Reviewed by doudouce55
This is a long overdue book that is much needed. Donaldson has taken a wonderful lengthy research and made it available to a wide range of r... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small ...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Grisham has finally written a non-fiction book. He goes straight to the point, by describing the murder of Debbie Carter in the town of Ada,... More
The City of Falling Angels
Reviewed by Renee
This is a beautifully written book. The city of Venice is the main character...not the people in it. I love the profiles of society and th... More
Promoted 7 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I Made it Myself: DIY Fashion for the not ve...
Reviewed by tartan_skirt
From the title I knew this was a book for me (I’m turning into the granny from Goodness Gracious Me sketches who thinks she can make anyth... More
Promoted 6 years, 6 months ago
Children of the Night
Reviewed by Gwenny
Not your average vampire tale, this fast paced story takes you from the beautiful foothills of Boulder, Colorado to dark Transylvania. Alter... More
Promoted 7 years, 4 months ago