Reviews > Most voted book reviews

Sticks, Stones, and Shadows: Building the Egyptian...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Pyramid building, according to the author, should be placed not in the context of only Ancient Egyptian technology, but rather in that of Ne... More
Slayer of Gods
Reviewed by doudouce55
At last this series comes to an unexpected plausible end. Who would have believed it! Lord Meren, though supposed to be at home, recovin... More
Promoted 7 years, 6 months ago
Egyptian Boats and Ships (Shire Egyptology)
Reviewed by doudouce55
This book comprehensively outlines the latest findings of nautical archaeology with regard to Ancient Egyptian boats dating between the Pred... More
Promoted 7 years, 6 months ago
Africa Solo: A Journey Across the Sahara, Sahel an...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Falling under the wide-ranging scope of travel literature, this entertaining and informative book expands on the author's experiences during... More
Predator (Kay Scarpetta Mystery) Patricia Cornwell
Reviewed by Vix
I can usually finish a Scarpetta novel in a few days but Predator took me forever to finish. The characters are unlikeable, the plot jumps f... More
Naruto Anime Profiles: Episodes 1-37
Reviewed by ?Ayiaki?
I watched it and i thought it was awesome. More
Promoted 7 years, 1 month ago
The Columns of Egypt
Reviewed by doudouce55
Using archaeological evidence to back up his portrayal of the Ancient Egyptian columns, the author describes the development of columns from... More
Promoted 7 years, 6 months ago
The Cult of Isis in the Roman Empire: Isis Invicta...
Reviewed by doudouce55
This is a long overdue book that is much needed. Donaldson has taken a wonderful lengthy research and made it available to a wide range of r... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small ...
Reviewed by doudouce55
Grisham has finally written a non-fiction book. He goes straight to the point, by describing the murder of Debbie Carter in the town of Ada,... More
The City of Falling Angels
Reviewed by Renee
This is a beautifully written book. The city of Venice is the main character...not the people in it. I love the profiles of society and th... More
Promoted 7 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, I Made it Myself: DIY Fashion for the not ve...
Reviewed by tartan_skirt
From the title I knew this was a book for me (I’m turning into the granny from Goodness Gracious Me sketches who thinks she can make anyth... More
Promoted 6 years, 4 months ago
Children of the Night
Reviewed by Gwenny
Not your average vampire tale, this fast paced story takes you from the beautiful foothills of Boulder, Colorado to dark Transylvania. Alter... More
Promoted 7 years, 3 months ago
The Dawn Palace: The Story of Medea
Reviewed by nataliegoes
Ms. Hunter takes some of the various myths surround Medea (not Medusa, with the snakes for hair) and weaves an interesting novel. Turns out... More
Promoted 7 years, 2 months ago
Children of God (Ballantine Reader's Circle)
Reviewed by nataliegoes
As the sequel to The Sparrow, this book is very different from the first one. This one is filled with more political machinations and perso... More
Promoted 7 years, 1 month ago
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time ...
Reviewed by Hibiscus
Finished this book in record speed. Besides the fact that it is a rather easy read, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time has a ... More
Promoted 6 years, 11 months ago
The Castle (Penguin Modern Classics)
Reviewed by Raven
I feel like I've been reading this book for 6 months when in actual fact it has been just under a month and after much struggling and determ... More
Promoted 6 years, 4 months ago
I Am Legend
Reviewed by Raven
If literature was food then this would be the starving persons feast, well for me it would be anyway because I devoured this and like all gr... More
Promoted 6 years, 11 months ago
Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) (The Inheritance Cycl...
Reviewed by AJWyrm
I only read this book because I wanted to play the GBA game based on it. (Well, based on the movie, which I haven't seen.) I fully expecte... More
Promoted 4 years, 3 months ago
Priestess Of The White: Age Of The Five Book One
Reviewed by Idoru
Auraya, a strongly Gifted girl, is chosen to become one of the White, the five gods' most powerful servants and leaders of the Circlian reli... More
Promoted 6 years, 10 months ago
Fahrenheit 451
Reviewed by Scott
I recently re-read this, after initially reading it in high school about 20 years ago. For those of you needing a description of possibly... More
Promoted 6 years, 10 months ago
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Reviewed by Raven
I must be having a good run with books because this is another one I couldn't seem to put down. I was glued to it. It was so well written an... More
I, Claudius
Reviewed by GemLil
I, Claudius is like a modern day soap, spent in Ancient Rome. Murder, adultery, perversion and corruption rule the day. This is a semi-fic... More
Promoted 6 years, 9 months ago
Waterlemon
Reviewed by Raven
Apart from there being no clear definition between subject changes making it not flow through properly this was a great story. Ruth Ritchie ... More
Promoted 5 years, 2 months ago
The Left Hand of Darkness
Reviewed by Abhi
From the summary of the book: "On the planet Winter, there is no gender. The Gethenians can become male of female during each mating cycle,... More
Promoted 4 years, 9 months ago
Jacob's Ladder:
Reviewed by chuckmuck
I really wanted to like this book, the cover compared it to Gone With the Wind and Cold Mountain, both of which I liked very much. But the c... More
A Million Little Pieces
Reviewed by chuckmuck
I admit I picked this up because I was curious about all the controversy/scandal it caused in the media when it came out. I wanted to see wh... More
Promoted 6 years, 8 months ago
Double Vision (Barker, Pat)
Reviewed by Abhi
Pat Barker is a very gifted writer. She writes about her characters like she has known them all her life and her portraits of them are intim... More
Promoted 6 years, 8 months ago
Eldest: (Inheritance Book 2)
Reviewed by KCenturion
This is the longest book I've read in recent years. It just kepy going and going! I had a schedule to keep for my Book Quest and this book b... More
Promoted 6 years, 2 months ago
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Signet)
Reviewed by nataliegoes
It is the story of a young woman and her time in a mental institution in the early 60's. The writing is pretty simplistic, and although thi... More
Promoted 6 years, 7 months ago
The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials)
Reviewed by Raven
A far faster and lighter read then the first one in the trilogy (Northern Lights), I didn't realise why until I'd finished and compared it t... More
Promoted 6 years, 6 months ago