Reviews > Recent book reviews

22 Britannia Road: A Novel
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
I enjoyed reading this one. I rather liked the story, even though it’s dark and moody. The setting and the theme was well done and althoug... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society:...
Reviewed by krin5292
I loved this book about finding new friends in a new home while learning about their shared history of German occupation during World War II... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Scarlet Letter (Penguin Classics)
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this book about Puritan ethics and hypocrisy. I found the reactions of the townspeople to Hester interesting as time goes by. More
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this book about a Dominican-American man trying to find his way in New Jersey and Santo Domingo. More
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Reviewed by krin5292
I learned much from reading this book, not only about medical history but also about ethics and about a family left in the dark for far too ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Turn of the Screw (Dover Thrift)
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this chilling book about a haunted house and its inhabitants. I especially liked the interactions between the governess and the boy. More
M Is for Magic
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked all the stories. My favorites included Case of Blackbirds, Troll Bridge, Chivalry and Sunbird. More
Virtuosity
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this sci-fi thriller about virtual intelligence combined with a physical body. Someday, I'll see the movie this book was based on. ... More
Mystery Cats (Signet)
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this set of feline mysteries. Favorite stories included "The Lady Wore Black" by Hugh B. Cave and "The Theft of the Mafia Cat" by... More
The Known World
Reviewed by krin5292
This was an interesting book about slavery, race and families in Manchester County, Virginia. I liked the interactions between the character... More
Dicebox
Reviewed by Rak
Dicebox is a slice-of-life sci fi that, somewhere along the way, develops a major plot and a large ensemble cast. The story follows Griffen ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Silmarillion (Middle Earth)
Reviewed by Rak
How to go from zero to Tolkien nerd in only ~400 pages! No, really though, this was a fascinating read. The depth of history and the sense ... More
Saga
Reviewed by Rak
I'll just quote Vaughan on this one: "This is an original fantasy book with no superheroes, two non-white leads and an opening chapter featu... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Annihilation (Southern Reach Trilogy)
Reviewed by Rak
Existential horror with a biological bent. Starts with a very bare-bones premise (an expedition into the mysterious Area X, about which nobo... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Freya e Vera, la forza delle donne
Reviewed by catcarlo
Nel diluvio di pubblicazioni uscite per il centenario, finirà per risultare ancor più invisibile questo piccolo libro che – scritto da a... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Delitto di mezza estate. Le inchieste del commissa...
Reviewed by catcarlo
E’ difficile immaginare qualcuno di più scandinavo del gelido serial killer che si aggira in una Svezia medifionale insolitamente calda a... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Until I Die (Revenants, Book 2)
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
I absolutely loved the first one. I loved Vincent so much and he instantly became a book crush. Both he and Kate made a great couple, and al... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Embers of Love (Striking a Match Book #1)
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
I enjoyed this book somewhat. Deborah was enjoyable to read as a character, she’s very strong willed and knew exactly what she wanted from... More
Acne: For Dummies
Reviewed by Protiakne
Proti akne prináša alternatívne spôsoby liečby akné. Tipy, triky na www.protiakne.info od expertov po alternatívnych liečiteľov ko... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Acne Cure, Acne Treatments, cures & Medication, re...
Reviewed by Protiakne
The Almond Tree
Reviewed by catcarlo
Il romanzo è uscito in Italia con il titolo di ‘Come il vento tra i mandorli’, il che tradisce un po’ le premesse da cui è nato: ‘... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
A sud del confine, a ovest del sole
Reviewed by catcarlo
Passato da poco il mezzo del cammino della sua esistenza, Hajime si guarda indietro, perché è costretto a farlo, e può così meditare sul... More
Il corpo nel Medioevo
Reviewed by catcarlo
Questo leggero libretto, uscito a metà dello scorso decennio, non è un saggio del famoso medievalista, bensì il risultato del riordino di... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Sultan Of The Moon And Stars (Orokon)
Reviewed by Crooty
This is the third book of the Orokon pentalogy (after The Harlequin’s Dance and The King and Queen of Swords, and before Sisterhood of the... More
Vendetta per vendetta - Morire a Kowloon
Reviewed by catcarlo
Chance Renard è il protagonista di una serie di romanzi tra spionaggio, thriller ed avventura scritti dall’italianissimo Stefano Di Marin... More
Canada
Reviewed by catcarlo
Non si può dire che l’ultimo romanzo dello scrittore di Jackson, Mississippi, prenda il lettore per la collottola e lo trascini fra le su... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Kraken Project (Wyman Ford)
Reviewed by markjazz
Oh boy, where to begin. For starters, this book is not for adults. I'd say it's more for the age range of 14-22 year olds as the last half o... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy K...
Reviewed by arihazimi
I look up to her very much! She is very beautiful in the heart and very wise and modest. She does not use her external beauty for people to ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy K...
Reviewed by Heather
One of the most startling and life-transforming books I've ever read. I'm a jolly fan! There is no book out that can compete with the sheer ... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Colorblind Angels (The Color of The Wind Series)
Reviewed by Morgan
This is a nice tidbit inside the imagination and talent of an emerging author. I believe she has planted her seeds. Now we, the readers, g... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 117 Next »