Reviews > Recent book reviews

Herodotus - The Gnome of Sofia
Reviewed by Authors PR
Herodotus The Gnome Of Sofia – humor and espionage in the diplomacy world Herodotus is humor, satire and a witty commentary on the down... More
Judas Goat: The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery
Reviewed by Authors PR
Judas Goat The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery – murder mystery, arms deal Pulling the curtain on this not always known world, Patrick Brigh... More
Ulysses
Reviewed by thenoah
"I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kisse... More
Mason & Dixon
Reviewed by catcarlo
Per continuare a scroccare l’ospitalità dei parenti ed evitarsi così i rigori dell’inverno, il non certo specchiatissimo rev. Cherryco... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
A ilha: Um reporter brasileiro no pais de Fidel Ca...
Reviewed by Paulinha
Interessante ler sobre os relatos de dois diferentes momentos em que uma mesma pessoa esteve em Cuba. Resumiria em: deslumbramento e desilus... More
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: A Novel
Reviewed by Stella
Missing chapters and parts in the English translation Some chapters and paragraphs of the Japanese paperback edition were not included in t... More
Sweetly
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
The story was good at first. The mystery aspect of the story and the scary moments were well done and gave me the heebie jeebies. I was sor... More
The Fuck-up
Reviewed by fuckyou
My Autobiography. (Also a great read for those into dark, irreverent journey's into accidental love and self-awareness. Something I strive f... More
Divina Commedia: Purgatorio
Reviewed by catcarlo
Il Purgatorio è un mondo posticcio, inventato dalla chiesa di Roma anche e soprattutto per motivi economici. La nebulosità del concetto st... More
I fantasmi del cappellaio
Reviewed by catcarlo
La storia del cappellaio assassino seriale e del suo rapporto con il piccolo sarto armeno che ha il negozio proprio di fronte fu una vera fi... More
Battle Angel Alita: Last Order 18
Reviewed by Ivan the Terrible
Since the return of Alita, the titular Battle Angel, and her eclectic group of friends, we’ve been treated to a series with a few interest... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Sundiver (The Uplift Saga Book 1)
Reviewed by markjazz
This book was recommended to me and when I read the back it sounded like a good plot. However, getting into it I felt like it was too politi... More
The Call of the Wild
Reviewed by PulpRoman
A charming and simple book but again I'm left with a feeling of anti-climax. I couldn't find any moment where I was extremely overjoyed or e... More
Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit
Reviewed by PulpRoman
This book was a struggle for me. The constantly trying to decipher the language written in a very British manner of literature devalued the ... More
Traumnovelle
Reviewed by sunset96
This isn't so much a review as a comparison to Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation 'Eyes Wide Shut'. With the exception of Vladimir Narbakov'... More
The Book of Cthulhu 2
Reviewed by markjazz
Average rating for each story came out to 7.1. Here are my three favorite and least favorite of this volume. TOP 3 The Drowning at Lake ... More
Paradiso
Reviewed by catcarlo
Non so bene come mai l’ho comprato, forse perché sono parecchio scarso in letteratura latino-americana e questo libro è presentato come ... More
The House on the Borderland
Reviewed by markjazz
Is this story a horror tale or the first recorded acid trip!?!? I find this book very hard to rate. I almost wanted to give it a 4/5. This n... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Vespertine (The Vespertine #1)
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
This was an okay book. Certainly not the best, but it had it’s moments where it did engage me as a reader. The book had some gothic overto... More
Le Cinéma, Monsieur Griffith et moi
Reviewed by Johnny Love
Great reading about the Silent film era and the Life of the "Genius" and "Pioneer" D.W. Griffith. If you are interested in Cinema, History o... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
The Stars My Destination (S.F. Masterworks 5)
Reviewed by markjazz
One of the most original science fiction stories I've read. So vivid and the ideas presented were so fascinating. Each chapter ends with tha... More
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes
Reviewed by moviebuff15
I pulled my paperback copy of this book of my shelf on impulse one day, and I'm very glad I did. 'Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes' is a compell... More
The Soldier's Wife
Reviewed by sensitivemuse
The main thing that I really enjoyed about this book was although it went at an enormously slow pace it was the detailed writing that made i... More
Parrotfish
Reviewed by moviebuff15
Intro- So, this is my first book review, and any comments or feedback would be much appreciated. I have always had a deep appreciation for G... More
Minion: A Vampire Huntress Legend
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this first book of the Vampire Huntress Legend series. I liked the interactions of the characters, especially Damali and her frien... More
Jep's Place: Hope, Faith and Other Disasters
Reviewed by krin5292
I liked this memoir of growing up on a struggling farm during the Depression. Parzych describes the highs and lows well and I liked learning... More
The Snow Child
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a powerful and moving book about family, appreciation for one another, and making a new life. I liked how Faina brought Jack and Ma... More
Room
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a very powerful and moving book! I liked the characters' interaction, especially between Ma and Jack as first she protects him from... More
Crazy Hot
Reviewed by krin5292
I enjoyed this first book in the Steele Street series. The characters were enjoyable to get to know, and the plot moved along well. I look f... More
Promoted Unknown time ago
Civil War Fantastic (Daw Book Collectors)
Reviewed by krin5292
This was a good collection of alternate history stories. My favorites included William Keith's "A Place to Stand" and R. Davis's "Across Hic... More

« Prev12 3 4 5 6 7 » 17 » 117 Next »