Posted : 7 months, 1 week ago on 15 January 2014 06:47

Music doesn't always have mass appeal just because it conforms to the lowest common denominator. Sometimes it really is just that good. And you can make the argument that everything is derivative - all music builds upon something that came before it.

Posted : 2 years, 2 months ago on 28 May 2012 09:12

By: Nirvana
Release date: 1991
Standing track: Come As You Are

1991 was quite a unique year of it's own: We got Slave to the Grind, Metallica (Black) and also Music for the People... OK, bad example but will do. But 1991 is historic because of Nevermind, the album responsible for bringing both Nirvana and Grunge-rock to a more wider audience. The immortal classic Smells Like Teen Spirit is something that everyone has heard of but my most favourite song is Come as You Are. Overall, the album sure is great and one should have it in his over-piling mess of CD's!

Posted : 3 years, 3 months ago on 13 May 2011 01:10

Most dangerous album in the world

Posted : 3 years, 6 months ago on 3 February 2011 11:15

[Link removed - login to see] oh it's great my cover on face follow me pleaSE

Posted : 3 years, 6 months ago on 29 January 2011 10:47

Jos sun pitäisi selittää asiaan vihkiytymättömälle mitä on grunge riittää että laitat tämän levyn soimaan, näytät kuvan Kurt Cobainista ja näytät Youtubesta tämän live-vedon. Niihin kulminoituu koko grunge.

Nevermind on ehdottomasti parasta Nirvanaa ja myös koko grunge-genren esittelylevy. Paikoitellen kömpelö miksaus ei tippaakaan latista levyn tunnelmaa. Cobain esittelee sekopäistä ja paikoitellen maanista mielenlaatuaan sanoituksissa ja laulussaan huutaen, karjuen, kirkuen, laulaen pehmeästi ja ivallisesti. Siis silkkaa timanttia koko levy alusta loppuun ja toimii edelleen vuosienkin jälkeen kuin junan vessa ja nehän toimii aina.

Levyllä Nirvana on täydellisesti yhtä. Cobain ei mielestäni missään vaiheessa ollut kaksinen kitaristi, mutta hoiti hienosti tonttinsa ja koko homma pysyi kasassa. Sanomattakin selvää, että tämä sepustus on Nirvana-fanipojan lasien takaa kirjoitettu :)

Posted : 5 years, 2 months ago on 16 June 2009 04:34

I fucking love this album. i love nirvana! they're the best. i think that this album was a kick ass album and that kurt, krist, and dave did a fucking kick ass job with making this album. their other albums such as, in utero, heart shaped box, etc were amazing. the band went through many things and making this album possible was really cool. the drumming was pretty good and the vocal, etc. it's a great album and many people could play most of the songs on the album easily. yeah. nirvana kicks ass!!!

Nirvana - Nevermind

Posted : 5 years, 11 months ago on 1 September 2008 08:59

This is the highest moment of the Grunge movement. I remember entering in a store in Miami (or was it Amsterdam? I can't quite remember...) back in 1992 and listening to this gem. I was only a teenager at the time and did not follow the scene per se, but at the first chords of Smells I was already hooked.

After this album their work only declined and others followed Nirvana's trail, but to me this album is timeless.

Perfection!

Posted : 6 years, 4 months ago on 16 April 2008 03:50

Nirvanas second album. Kurt, Krist and Dave were absolute genius in making this album. The strongest song to date is none other than "smells like teen spirit".
This album is the voice of our generation, certainly an instant classic. Kurts vocals were brilliant, Hard and Raunchy yet at times soft and soothing. This album will not soon be forgotten.
*Key Songs*
"Smells Like Teen Spirit"
"Come As You Are"
"Lithium"
"On A Plain"
"Polly"
"Something In The Way"
"Hidden Song"

*Personal Note* All the songs on the album are great and worth a listening to, but these are my personal favorites.

Nevermind

Posted : 7 years, 4 months ago on 22 April 2007 06:27

Classic album.
Nirvana made history with this, amazing.
I couldn't live without this album.